Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Yasmine's Journal
12-17-2016, 06:04 AM
RE: Yasmine's Journal
So Fitbit gave me the first day I was wearing it 2032 and yesterday, the second day, 2416 kcal. But I'm not sure if it's counting my steps the right way. Sometimes it's counting about 20 steps when I just move my hand...
Trendweight says I'm eating 275 kcal more than I burn. And if I pit the starting date to the date when I increased to 2000, it's 125 more than I burn. I will stick to 2000 for some more weeks to see if it stabilises at my current weight. It's frustrating that I have to buy new jeans all the time...
My weight was jumping up like 0.7 kg and seems to slow down now.
Here the link to my dashboard of trendweight https://trendweight.com/u/8e9fb991caea43/
And this are the last two weeks: https://trendweight.com/u/8e9fb991caea43/chart/2w.png
Hope it works with the links...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2017, 03:15 AM
Happy New Year everybody!
It's been one of the best christmas I remember. The anorexia of me and my sister made the last ones very stressed.

I took a rest week but tried to stay within my calories but there were days over and days under. As I had no access to a scale I weighed myself yesterday after a long break. Yesterday my weight was down! (61.1 kg) And today after training yesterday the first time after the rest week it's up 2 kg! I've been now at 2000 calories for 4 weeks, but the last two weeks have not been that consitent.

According to trendweigt I'm eating 144 kcal more than I'm burning. If I put the date of upping my calories to 2000 as a start it is only 113 over. Fitbit gives me an average of 2300 kcal burnt this last week.
Link to my trendweight dashboard: https://trendweight.com/u/8e9fb991caea43/

Shall I stay a bit longer at 2000 kcal?
01-03-2017, 02:17 PM
Welcome back Yas! Been a couple week and so great to read about your wonderful Christmas. How did your sister do with the holidays? And a rest week to enjoy the time with family is never a bad decision regardless of what the scale says.

The trend apps are good, but still have to take them with a grain of salt. I think since TrendWeight says you're eating 113 calories more than you burn and Fitbit is giving you an average burn of 2300 calorie, you're definitely closing in on your TDEE. Your 2kg increase is due to return to training, no biggie.

Since, your calories were kind of up and down over the holidays and you also took a rest week, I would stick to 2000 at least for a couple weeks and see how things go with consistent eating and activity.
01-07-2017, 07:02 AM
Thank you very much, Hannah, for your patient replies and your help with every question! I appreciate this a lot.
I have no acces to a scale until monday, but then my normal workout routine and weight and food logging will start again.
I will stay with 2000 kcal for another 3-4 weeks and see what happens.

I'm not that close with my sister because of the eating disorders. But I think she is doing great. In recovery she had a time were she was a bit heavier and now, since about a year ago, she seems to be leaner. But she has always been quite slim before her eating disorder so that might be her set weight. First I was worried that she could be back in anorexia but I think she found her best weight and is eating inuitively. During the holidays it was very easy with her to talk and everything.
01-07-2017, 09:50 PM
How refreshing it must be to enjoy the holidays without the heavy hand of ED holding you down all the time! I am happy to hear that things were smoother and that you were able to connect to your sister!
Don't worry about leaving the scale alone for a bit, it will be ok. Hannah gave you excellent advice on sticking to 2000 for a few weeks.

Tereza Toledobig grin lovestruck
Team EM2WL
Certified EM2WL Personal Trainer and Coach
Here is my journey: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tereza/
01-16-2017, 05:19 AM
My weight has not gone down again. I’m now at 63 kg… It seems to stabilise here. But I don't think that I'm already at TDEE. I was thinking that I increased to 2000 at the beginning of December. But when I scrolled through my food diary I realised that I’ve been eating at or over 2000 just half of the days. The problem is that sometimes I was eating less the day(s) after a higher day. And sometimes at the weekend I don’t get up till noon and just eat two meals. And there is no possibility to weigh my food Saturday and Sunday. So it's not always that accurate.
Fitbit is most of the days around 2200 or 2300. There are low days at 1900 or higher ones at 2500.

Link to Trendweight: https://trendweight.com/u/8e9fb991caea43/
01-16-2017, 09:48 AM
Yasmine, when you can't really weight your foods, the best choice is to try and guesstimate as close as you can. Overtime we end up kind of knowing how much each portion is. Also focus on the main ingredients, guesstimating everything that goes in the recipe can be challenging.

You are probably right, your TDEE may be higher. The best way to do when you don't eat exactly the same amount daily, is to look at your weekly total and divide by 7 to see if it is close enough to the your daily number. The same goes for macros. It's hard to hit them perfectly everyday, so focus on the weekly average.

Team EM2WL
01-18-2017, 12:06 PM
Yes, that's what I've been doing. Before I knew about food diaries I did it more than one year just in my head by guesstimating.

Yesterday I have not been able to eat anything because I felt so bad in my stomach. I don't know what it was... Today I started eating again but I won't get to 2000 kcal. I hope this is not too bad for my body but I couldn't force myself to eat yesterday. I don't know when was the last day I didn't eat. Also I had no power to workout yesterday and today I will rest again. Hopefully tomorrow will be my next workout.
01-18-2017, 12:57 PM
Life happens and there are sick days. If you can't eat while sick, just do the best you can and get back to it once you feel better. Just don't stick with the underestimation trend once you are back on the mend.

Team EM2WL
01-27-2017, 11:51 AM
So, my appetite is back and I'm eating 2000 kcal again. There were some days this week when I even was hungry at the end of the day. But I never ate more than 50 kcal over 2000.

I just realised how much my weight has gone up again. Sometimes it makes me feel anxious but most of the time I try to ignore the facts. Within a year I have gained 10 kg!! But the good ting is that my period has returned in May last year.

My weight came down with my sick day last week and is now quite stable at 62.5 kg. I don't know if I should go up already because of the big gains I made the last months. I just checked Trendweight and saw that I started with Trendweight in the middle of November with 60.8 kg eating around 1800 kcal. Than I "increased" to 2000 kcal at the beginning of December with 61.5 kg. But actually I just thought that I increased. In reality I was eating 1900 more than half of the days of December. The real increase just happened at the beginning of January with 61.6 kg. But already the next day my weight was up two kilos! I guess it was because of the first workout after a rest week. But it took the weight a long time to come back down. Actually it was my sick day that made it come down to 62.5 because I didn't eat a thing that day.

I am a little bit tired of buying new jeans and other clothes all the time because they don't fit me anymore... Is it possible to stay a while at 2000 and hope the weight will come down or is this not going to happen?

Next week a new gym opens and it will be my first time working out at a gym. I've been working out at home until now. When I made the test training the lady who explained me the machines was quite surprised how strong I was for never having been to a gym. It made me proud.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Adding a journal to help me in the aging.. never2late1952 5 4,701 04-23-2018 07:38 AM
Last Post: Tereza Toledo
  Anjacina's Journal Anjacina 11 8,069 03-23-2018 08:10 AM
  Kelly's Journal kcmsmith0405 73 45,912 01-31-2018 02:21 PM
  Maggie's Journal MaggieG123 326 200,174 12-04-2017 12:38 PM
Last Post: MaggieG123
  JT's Journal jturner2 12 18,966 09-03-2017 08:15 PM
  Finally Teachertoo's journal teachertoo 40 33,047 04-17-2017 06:56 AM
Last Post: FionaSchipke
  Getting back to me... Toki's Journal Toki18 105 72,985 11-16-2016 05:52 PM