Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Am I doing this right?
10-10-2016, 11:19 AM
RE: Am I doing this right?
Thank you all for your input, making my way up slowly towards 2350 and will see when I get there, I added 100 cals last week and am adding another 100 this week. I have gained finally but it's also my TOM so I'm sure that's it. Even though I lift pretty heavy already 2-3 times a week I just started nROLW to be more structured. Most of the exercises are familiar to me and the same if not a small variation to what I've already been doin on my own but the reps are a by different so I felt like I could increase weights faster if I follow this plan directly.
Emma how long have you been following EM2WL?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2016, 12:27 AM
Just wanted to send a belated welcome to the forum. You will find several folks here at various stages of the first part of their quest to find the holy grail...um, whoops, I meant TDEE. I hope you find the 100 calories per week to be a successful method for you. That's what I did...the tortoise approach. I wasn't ready (and my husband wasn't ready) to more than double our calorie level in one swell swoop. It took me longer than the hare approach (ripping the bandaid off), but I think it also gave me time to work on getting my macros more in line, my fiber intake up, adding some resisistance bands and just seeing that my weight was stabilizing. Also helped me to really be able to see a pattern in the scale weights, calories, high sodium days, activity level, etc. etc.

Looking forward to reading more posts from you.
10-13-2016, 08:32 AM
I started doing a reset in July 2013, so I've been at it awhile (but not resetting or finding TDEE this whole time... I've done several bouts of maintaining and cutting since then). Below is the link to my story.

http://eatmore2weighless.com/emmas-journey-to-success/
11-14-2016, 09:37 AM
Good Morning
11-14-2016, 12:02 PM
Ugh I wrote a whole long thing and I guess it didn't go through, annoying.
AnywAy, I am looking for more advice.
I have been at my TDEE of 2350 for 2 almost 3 weeks at I have gained a consistent 4-5 pounds. So do I,
A. Play with my TDEE to find my true even though I have gained?
B. Stay where I am and wait until end of December jAnuary to try my first cut?
C.Adjust my TDEE for new weight?

My workouts are same, 2-3 days heavy lifting, 1-2 barre workouts. Definitely getting much stronger following a specific lifting program.
Also to anything thinking about ripping off the bandaid and starting at TDEE, I cannot imagine having done so. Having upped calories 100 per week from 1800 or so has taken time but I did not gain consistently until reaching TDEE.
11-21-2016, 11:43 PM
Anybody out there??
11-22-2016, 06:59 AM
(11-21-2016 11:43 PM)Desi13 Wrote:  Anybody out there??

Hi Desi13

I don't have much knowledge yet, but I don't want to think you've been ignored. Most people seem to respond to posts in the "journals" section. Maybe this area has been overlooked.

From my limited knowledge, you're gain is too high to be "fat" unless you've eaten about 15000 calories extra. I'd sit on the calorie level you're on now as the gain is most likely water weight. Have you been eating high sodium meals (take always), intensified your workouts or had sleeping problems? They can all affect how heavy you weigh. And so does TOM...

I hope this helps. I'll see if I can work out how to get a clever person to respond to you! Or pop over to the Journals forum and introduce yourself and your journey over there (it seems to be the most active area on here).

Cheers
Annette
11-22-2016, 09:47 AM
Desi, first, I really want you to focus on this statement in case you thing you are not progressing:
(11-14-2016 12:02 PM)Desi13 Wrote:  Definitely getting much stronger following a specific lifting program.

This is what in the long term will make thing different for you. 3 weeks at TDEE may not be enough to confirm it, specially when doing a strenght program and seeing good results. The 4-5 lbs (if that's what you gained while on TDEE) are definitely relatd to water, glycogen, bone tissue and all the good stuff that your body is working on. That ISN'T fat for sure, it takes way longer than that to put on that amount of fat. I'd would sit in TDEE a few more weeks see what the trend is.

Since yoir last post, how did the trend go? Other than the scale change, have you been taking measurements and pictures? Have you been feeling better overall. How's your sleep?

We are here, sometimes we may not get back to you right away, but we are here for you!

I'll leave you with a pin with a link to a great reading on water and muscle:

http://pin.it/tycQZoV

Tereza Toledobig grin lovestruck
Team EM2WL
Certified EM2WL Personal Trainer and Coach
Here is my journey: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tereza/
11-22-2016, 05:21 PM
Very strange, I had never seen your last couple posts...which is why there was no response. Sorry if the technology glitch made you feel lost in the woods.

When you say you have been at your TDEE of 2350 for 2 almost 3 weeks and have gained a consistent 4-5 pounds, is that based on what a calculator says is your TDEE or actually testing it? There is a difference. Also, how was your weight prior to hitting 2350? At 2250, were you losing, maintaining, gaining? You may not be at TDEE yet, but if the past several weeks you have been increasing calories without allowing your body to adjust and stabilize, you might just have exceeded your suppressed TDEE and need to give your body more time.

Have you read the metabolism reset guide? Even if you have, I would recommend you read through it again...I read it pretty regularly just to check my progress.

http://eatmore2weighless.com/the-metabol...set-guide/

It may help you figure out what is going on and what you should do next. As you get closer to TDEE, you may have to spend more time at a calorie level before increasing. And usually exceeding your TDEE displays a slow, steady increase week to week (I'm talking like a couple tenths of a pound, not pounds).

So, depending on your evaluation of the situation against the guide, I would either stay at 2350 until you stabilize, or if you were gaining at a lower level, drop back to that until you stabilize and then try and increase again. Probably not this week with it being Thanksgiving (if you're in the States).
11-22-2016, 06:30 PM
(11-22-2016 05:21 PM)hannah77 Wrote:  Very strange, I had never seen your last couple posts...which is why there was no response. Sorry if the technology glitch made you feel lost in the woods.

When you say you have been at your TDEE of 2350 for 2 almost 3 weeks and have gained a consistent 4-5 pounds, is that based on what a calculator says is your TDEE or actually testing it? There is a difference. Also, how was your weight prior to hitting 2350? At 2250, were you losing, maintaining, gaining? You may not be at TDEE yet, but if the past several weeks you have been increasing calories without allowing your body to adjust and stabilize, you might just have exceeded your suppressed TDEE and need to give your body more time.

Have you read the metabolism reset guide? Even if you have, I would recommend you read through it again...I read it pretty regularly just to check my progress.

http://eatmore2weighless.com/the-metabol...set-guide/

It may help you figure out what is going on and what you should do next. As you get closer to TDEE, you may have to spend more time at a calorie level before increasing. And usually exceeding your TDEE displays a slow, steady increase week to week (I'm talking like a couple tenths of a pound, not pounds).

So, depending on your evaluation of the situation against the guide, I would either stay at 2350 until you stabilize, or if you were gaining at a lower level, drop back to that until you stabilize and then try and increase again. Probably not this week with it being Thanksgiving (if you're in the States).

Thanks everyone!
So was only increasing 100K a week for several weeks to reachTDEE and I may gain a few pounds but would come back down, go up, come down, but was never very much. Right now at TDEE for almost a months a consistent 4lbs have not gone back down. I give it a week to see if it comes back down or goes up but this hasn't changed in the last couple of weeks.
I have read the reset guide and I guess I was just wondering if since I added slowly and didn't gain if my trend is such that maybe I've surpassed it and need to go down, or maybe it's not highly enough? Or I'm overthinking it and should just stick it out a few more weeks at 2350 and then play with going up then to see if it's my true TDEE. Also 2350 is the calculated TDEE. My muscle is likely increasing even though I already lifted previously I am making more
Muscle for sure following a targeted schedule program.
In the scheme of things four/five pounds is hardly anything but I am feeling it.....I am really good with hitting my macros and calories maybe 100k under once a week or so and that's usually if I've eaten out and not been able get my protein in line until later....it's so rare I can't think that matters much.

Love the feedback and everyone's experiences, thanks so much!!