Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Am I doing this right?
05-08-2017, 09:22 AM
RE: Am I doing this right?
Work your way up. You can definitely stay at TDEE for a while. It will help your body catch up. if you increase slowly, you will not gain fat, the weight increase will definitely be towards lean muscle mass (which you definitely want more). I'm glad to see that you are into moderation, that it itself puts you way ahead in your journey!

Tereza Toledobig grin lovestruck
Team EM2WL
Certified EM2WL Personal Trainer and Coach
Here is my journey: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tereza/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2017, 07:44 PM
(05-08-2017 09:22 AM)Tereza Toledo Wrote:  Work your way up. You can definitely stay at TDEE for a while. It will help your body catch up. if you increase slowly, you will not gain fat, the weight increase will definitely be towards lean muscle mass (which you definitely want more). I'm glad to see that you are into moderation, that it itself puts you way ahead in your journey!

Update! After meeting again with my doctor and unfortunately dealing with an incredibly stressful family situation(having to to get guardianship of an out of state relative with dementia whose caregiver was exploiting her), my doc recommended that since things were going well(tummywise)to not just start everything back in suddenly due to the stress. I agreed but am not as strict as before. Trying to get my cals up again. Tried some grains(quinoa) and been okay, my feta cheese experiment was okay one time and then not the next. I have some dark chocolate(wheeeee!) and fruits again, no soy products, but if it's soy sauce I'm not so picky. Have not tried any bread yet. Still able to keep my protein pretty close if not entirely on point but cals still difficult, going up very slowly towards TDEE. One thing at a time! I lowered TDEE a bit because of schedule changes, started Strong been several weeks now. I like it but I'm not really able to increase as I was when I was at TDEE, that's to be expected. Lift 3x a week, walks here and there. No extra cardio, not interested in adding stress to my system. I still feel good, despite the heavy mental load on my mind.
I think I covered it, thanks!
06-09-2017, 08:02 AM
Desi,
I'm sorry to hear that you are dealing with so much stress! Kudos for taking good care of yourself.
It's great to hear that your are recovering and that you are being able to add foods. Yay on Strong! Yes, less calories mean less strength, but eventually, once you increase cals you will be seeing PR's, don't worry.

Thanks for the update!

Tereza Toledobig grin lovestruck
Team EM2WL
Certified EM2WL Personal Trainer and Coach
Here is my journey: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tereza/