Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Improving my quality of life...
01-03-2017, 02:35 AM
RE: Improving my quality of life...
I wish it had only taken me 9-10 weeks to find TDEE....but I took the tortoise approach. If I actually found TDEE in November at 2575, it took six months. If I find in the next couple months that I was wrong, it will be closer to nine months.

Good luck with your reset. When does your semester start? If you are still considering the personal trainer, they should be able to develop a program that works with your parts and issues...I'm sure you could at least set up a consultation and discuss your concerns.

The way you describe your current days, sounds pretty stress-free. Must be fun to swim with the pooch! Enjoy it while you can before heading back to school.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2017, 01:01 PM
I did the rip-the-bandaid-off approach, and it's been just over 4 months now, and I'm still trying to find my TDEE! I think I'm probably pretty close now, though.
01-09-2017, 01:48 AM
It's now my last week off work, and I'm continuing with my relaxing lifestyle. I've included a few workouts, a few bike rides, a few walks with the dog and some swimming too... I love summer!

I've been tracking most days, but gave myself the day off on Friday because it was my birthday. Although my wife worked, I had a great day with friends, out at a local restaurant. There were lots of laughs and raucous behaviour!! I have found it pretty easy to hit the 2450 calories and am usually between 25-30% with protein. I was really spoilt by my partner too, she gave me 2 small presents a day in the lead up to my birthday! Yay!! I now have a floating island to take down to the river or beach (it blows up), flashing lights to make my joggers sparkle when I walk at night (whihpch I now do because my shoes are so cool!!), a new handbag and a groovy "ultralieve" which is an ultrasound machine to help with injuries and aches and pains. It seems to help too, whihpch is fabulous!

I wasn't going to weigh myself through the reset, but I was interested to see if I was correct with thinking TDEE was 2450, so I weighed myself this morning. I was 92.9kg, which is 100g less than last time I weighed... so it looks like I'm on the right track. Yay! now to just keep plodding along and help my body trust that it won't be starved again. And then to get back into my or al 3 meals a day routine of work instead of the big brunch then late dinner I've grown used to over summer. I'll be trying to get up with my alarm this week, so I'm more likely to cope next week when I have to budge before 9!

Cheers
01-20-2017, 08:42 AM
Wow, I've been a member since October and I'm still learning things. I'm learning all the time with EM2WL. Im learning to eat in a normal way. I have never in my lifeseen a woman eat in a normal way - as in not dieting EVER. My mother dieted as long as I can remember, so that probably affected her moods. And then I dieted from year 8, or 14. I was probably always either dieting or bingeing.

I remember eating toast after school. I'd eat half a loaf of bread or more. My toast binge last night was 4 slices with butter, Vegemite and cheese. Yum. But there's no way I could have eaten more. I must have been starving after school. I mustn't have been eating enough, or the dieting just caused me to binge. Last night I just really didn't want lots of protein, but of course, then I woke up starving! So ate lots of protein for brekkie. Gosh, I wonder if / when I can stop tracking food. It feels like forever (it's been 3 months plus about 3 Weeks, so close to 4 months of tracking mostly consistently. Boy, it's addictively tedious I reckon.

Oh, I weighed myself this morning and I was 92.7. I think that's pretty close to what it was when I started focusing on eating TDEE. Anywa, gosh I'm rambling. I'm just writing down the thoughts as they come. I'm the only one awake at home!
01-20-2017, 09:16 AM
Annette, I've been in this journey for almost 6 years now all I'm still learning. The basics are easy and strainght forward. The deal is to change our mindset and apply them in life. Takes time and eventually becomes second nature. Logging gets annoying, I know, but there's so much we can learn from it. You will not spend your life logging, don't worry. It goes in phases, right? Phase in which we want to see certain results and that need more focus, need logging. Others in which we are more laid back and not so concerned about specific outcomes don't need logging.

You came a long way and are doing great progress. After eating at TDEE and being at the same weight as when dealing with old diet mentality mindset is progress! You are healing your body and your mind!

Tereza Toledobig grin lovestruck
Team EM2WL
Certified EM2WL Personal Trainer and Coach
Here is my journey: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tereza/

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Information LIFE... is my style! Let's do this!!! Saggy76 47 4,212 03-29-2016 10:16 AM
Last Post: KatiAuchinleck
  Raynn's Journey to a Healthier Life Raynn 18 9,833 07-17-2013 03:08 PM
Last Post: Kiki