Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Carley's journey
03-14-2017, 10:11 AM
RE: Carley's journey
(03-13-2017 11:08 PM)Original_Beauty Wrote:  Hey everyone! I'm still around just busy lately. Today is day 13 of not counting calories and at first it was hard, the first week or so was hard. It's slowly getting easier but it there is still work to be done. It's been an exciting 2 weeks learning to listen to my body, really truly listening to it. Another major change, today is day 6 since I've weighed myself. The first day was horrible, I spent the whole journey to the gym debating if I should or should not weigh myself. Every day it would be today is the last day, I will not weigh myself...tomorrow never came. I made that day today. I'm eating enough and eating a wider variety of foods, so that is fantastic. I feel like I'm getting my life back, my freedom, my happiness. I LOVE IT!!! My clothes still fit so that is helping me realise I do not need to watch the scale. Still I need to face the fear of when I get dressed I'm scared my clothes will not fit. It's an overwhelming fear which will take some time and work. My stomach feels less bloated so I'm not sure what is going on there? My daughters and I went out to lunch the other day (long, long, long road trip) we had a pie each and shared a donut and it was so very yummy.

I hope you do not mind sharing my journey with you all happy

It sounds like you're doing great, Carley. Good for you!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-14-2017, 11:38 AM
Carley, I love reading about your journey!

Yes, we can stay the same size without weighing ourselves daily, it is true, even though it's hard to believe, lol. We get so stuck on the scale that we forget that we don't need that daily reading to live. Yay on road trip with kids, I'm sure this is a moment that they will always remember and cherish!

Tereza Toledobig grin lovestruck
Team EM2WL
Certified EM2WL Personal Trainer and Coach
Here is my journey: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tereza/
Find all posts by this user
03-14-2017, 03:11 PM
I was wondering how you were doing! Glad you posted. You are doing so well and having so many victories! How awesome that you are able to let go of the scale and the counting, and know that things will still be okay without them. Congrats on the newfound freedom!
03-27-2017, 07:35 PM (This post was last modified: 03-27-2017 07:38 PM by Original_Beauty.)
So tomorrow is 3 weeks scale free... now for me that is pretty awesome!!! It feels so freeing not worrying about the number on the scale. I'm 27 days into my 'chill' phase and it is getting a lot easier as time goes by. I'm still widening the foods I'm eating and that is a good thing. My clothes fit, that was a huge fear of mine. I had the day of the gym yesterday as I felt like I'd been hit by a bus. Multiple times.

It feels odd not going to bed falling asleep thinking about numbers. Calories, did I go over? Did I eat enough? How was my protein? Was X food really X calories? I wonder what the scale will be? Will I lose or gain? Can I lose X amount? Can I be in a new number? You never realise how much time and energy you put into the dieting mentality until you stop, you just stop feeding the monster.

Life is awesome right now. I'm in a great place I never thought I'd be in and I love it. I was scared I'd always be trapped between eating disorders and yoyo dieting...until I realised I had the power to truly change.

No old roads lead to new destinations.
03-27-2017, 08:19 PM
(03-27-2017 07:35 PM)Original_Beauty Wrote:  So tomorrow is 3 weeks scale free... now for me that is pretty awesome!!! It feels so freeing not worrying about the number on the scale. I'm 27 days into my 'chill' phase and it is getting a lot easier as time goes by. I'm still widening the foods I'm eating and that is a good thing. My clothes fit, that was a huge fear of mine. I had the day of the gym yesterday as I felt like I'd been hit by a bus. Multiple times.

It feels odd not going to bed falling asleep thinking about numbers. Calories, did I go over? Did I eat enough? How was my protein? Was X food really X calories? I wonder what the scale will be? Will I lose or gain? Can I lose X amount? Can I be in a new number? You never realise how much time and energy you put into the dieting mentality until you stop, you just stop feeding the monster.

Life is awesome right now. I'm in a great place I never thought I'd be in and I love it. I was scared I'd always be trapped between eating disorders and yoyo dieting...until I realised I had the power to truly change.

I'm so happy for you, Carley! It does sound like heaven. I'm trying to get there, too, and your post is really inspiring. Thank you! xoxo
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Joy In The Journey Sunshine44 8 65 Today 06:30 PM
Last Post: Tereza Toledo
  The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step -- Lao Tzu hannah77 279 20,842 03-23-2017 10:46 AM
Last Post: Tereza Toledo
  A well nourished journey jsue6 16 1,437 03-14-2017 02:59 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  kathy's journey kathy 8 1,145 08-26-2016 09:24 PM
Last Post: KatiAuchinleck
  Liane's new journey forward mrsukyankee 489 155,822 06-21-2016 08:38 AM
Last Post: KatiAuchinleck
Wink The Start of My New Journey Candi 141 13,180 05-23-2016 06:55 AM
Last Post: Candi
  Rebekah's EM2WL Journey Rebekah 15 2,225 04-06-2016 08:31 AM
Last Post: emma
  Journey to Hope mjj79 57 13,344 12-07-2015 06:25 PM
Last Post: tillymonstar
  Katie's Journey from Low Cal Diets and Binging to Health! kfbattle 11 3,315 09-03-2015 01:03 PM
Last Post: mrsukyankee
  Jeanette's Journey merrickj 8 3,968 06-14-2015 02:01 PM
Last Post: mrsukyankee