Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hello
11-28-2016, 03:28 PM
Smile Hello
Hi Everyone, I came across EM2WL a few days ago and really like the blog, forum and community.

I am not new to the concept. I have tried to eat like this before and there are times my body doesn't let me eat any less than it wants (my body has "hunger" as its "go to" symptom - the "lack of appetite" that seems to be a symptom of many deficiencies doesn't appear very frequently at all for me " but I always will try to eat less or "make up" for a bigger eating day/s if I am able. I was overweight from around ages 18-23 and am fearful of that happening again.

So while I have gotten better at listening to my body over the years and instead of aiming for 1200 (and constantly failing) like I did when I was late teens and early 20s I now aim for 1700-1900 which is still too low.

I have logged what I eat for a long time and the monthly average ranges from around 1800-2400. Individual days can range as wide as 1500-3200 but usually between 1700-2500.

I have worked out with weights since my 20s. I started with a weights program at 24 at a gym when the trainer there explained how much better it was than cardio. I always remember that there was a man there who did tonnes of cardio and he told me that the personal trainer told him that "he was the fittest fat man he had ever seen" and that he needed to replace cardio with weights to see better results. This stuck with me and so while I was still a bit nervous of becoming musclebound I have kept with the weights.

I bought dumbbells when I was around 25 or so and have been going through various programs since.

I swam on and off in my 30s but my biggest fail was doing distance running in my 30s (kept the weight sessions though). It is addictive and I fell into the eat more - run more trap.

Around the age of 42 I crossed over to HIIT. So between weights and HIIT I have been able to keep at a fairly constant weight that I am happy with. I have long ago given up on being a waif/slender girl. I was never that build anyway. I am a mesomorph and even when I have a body fat of 18% I weigh on the heavy side and am around BMI 24-5.

I am here because I still try to restrict and would like to find my true TDEE and be confident eating a certain amount without the fear of gaining weight.

I think I will start a journal - for feed back and for myself.

Have a happy day everyone :-)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-28-2016, 03:34 PM
RE: Hello
Welcome Fiona!!
11-28-2016, 04:37 PM
Hi fiona! We've chatted on a Facebook. I'm the consistently inconsistent one! It'll be great to read your progress.
Cheers
Annette
11-29-2016, 03:37 AM (This post was last modified: 11-29-2016 03:39 AM by FionaSchipke.)
(11-28-2016 03:34 PM)MaggieG123 Wrote:  Welcome Fiona!!

Thank you Maggie :-)

(11-28-2016 04:37 PM)zanyzana66 Wrote:  Hi fiona! We've chatted on a Facebook. I'm the consistently inconsistent one! It'll be great to read your progress.
Cheers
Annette

Hi Annette :-) ... yes, it is so hard to be consistent!!! I am fine with some things but hopeless with others. Looking forward to your seeing your progress also :-)
12-01-2016, 04:03 PM
Welcome from a fellow newbie! Looking forward to hearing about your journey!