Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Finding TDEE
12-01-2016, 04:13 PM
RE: Finding TDEE
That's great that you are seeing some positive changes when eating more calories!

I think if you felt good at 2400+, then yes stay there for a few weeks and see what happens. I think one thing I've learned is to give it time, and be consistent with the calorie goal, especially when getting close to TDEE. It may take a few weeks (4-6?) to see how your body responds.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2016, 05:16 PM
(12-01-2016 04:13 PM)Frosty Wrote:  That's great that you are seeing some positive changes when eating more calories!

I think if you felt good at 2400+, then yes stay there for a few weeks and see what happens. I think one thing I've learned is to give it time, and be consistent with the calorie goal, especially when getting close to TDEE. It may take a few weeks (4-6?) to see how your body responds.

Thank you Frosty :-) ... Though yesterday I was so hungry I ate 2750. Did you have days like that? I will aim to just go with it and back to 2400 today rather than try to restrict more to make everything balance like I used to. I wonder if I will start to even out more as the weeks go on.
12-01-2016, 06:12 PM
Try reading this and then getting distracted by other blogs on this site... it helps! http://eatmore2weighless.com/reset-series-feel-control/
12-03-2016, 01:56 PM
Thanks! I have had days I feel hungry, but I don' t eat more, I just stick with my calorie goal. I am wondering if I need to eat more if I'm hungry! I feel like I need more food!
12-03-2016, 05:18 PM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2016 05:20 PM by Original_Beauty.)
(12-01-2016 04:13 PM)Frosty Wrote:  That's great that you are seeing some positive changes when eating more calories!

Thank you for that, I did not know that,

(12-01-2016 05:16 PM)FionaSchipke Wrote:  

Thank you Frosty :-) ... Though yesterday I was so hungry I ate 2750. Did you have days like that? I will aim to just go with it and back to 2400 today rather than try to restrict more to make everything balance like I used to. I wonder if I will start to even out more as the weeks go on.

It will even out give it time. Then again sometimes our bodies are just extra hungry and we need to go with the flow and listen to our bodies,

No old roads lead to new destinations.
12-03-2016, 05:40 PM
Thank you Original Beauty :-) ... when I am in the middle of an extra hungry day/week I can't see the forest for the trees and I just feel scared of gaining weight. But when I look back over my diary I know that this happens frequently and I return to normal eating and my weight doesn't always go up - sometimes it does sometimes it doesn't. Yes, it usually evens out over time.

You would think I would have learnt by now!
12-03-2016, 06:25 PM
(12-03-2016 05:40 PM)FionaSchipke Wrote:  Thank you Original Beauty :-) ... when I am in the middle of an extra hungry day/week I can't see the forest for the trees and I just feel scared of gaining weight. But when I look back over my diary I know that this happens frequently and I return to normal eating and my weight doesn't always go up - sometimes it does sometimes it doesn't. Yes, it usually evens out over time.

You would think I would have learnt by now!

If we learnt by now we wouldn't be here would we? This is my third time attempting em2wl!!!

No old roads lead to new destinations.
12-04-2016, 01:13 PM
Fiona, I have to take back my post, because I was so hungry yesterday I ate over my calorie goal! I guess we have to do that sometimes? It's encouraging to know that sometimes the weight goes up and sometimes it doesn't for you. I will try to remember it all evens out in the end anyway!

Original Beauty, I just did some reading around here and found some of this info. I hope you have great success this time around!
12-04-2016, 07:23 PM
(12-04-2016 01:13 PM)Frosty Wrote:  Fiona, I have to take back my post, because I was so hungry yesterday I ate over my calorie goal! I guess we have to do that sometimes? It's encouraging to know that sometimes the weight goes up and sometimes it doesn't for you. I will try to remember it all evens out in the end anyway!

Original Beauty, I just did some reading around here and found some of this info. I hope you have great success this time around!

That's ok Frosty :-) I was wondering how you managed to be hungry and not eat. ... Yes it does even out for me and I am working on going with it and enjoying it otherwise I end up not enjoying what I am eating and eat guilt as well which I am sure isn't very good.
12-06-2016, 05:37 AM
My increased hunger has started to abate now to what I think if as more normal levels - Phew! Today I wasn't very hungry at all.

The average of the last 18 days is around 2335. I am pretty happy with that at the moment.

My revised goal is to hit my protein minimum every day which I am doing, aim for around 2350 but not go under 2000 calories.

I guess because I am just starting out I am adjusting my goal a bit but it is probably best to stick to something for a reasonable length of time before changing.

I really need to get some measurements happening. Maybe tomorrow.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Finding Myself Again atuchofpink 12 3,227 10-12-2016 02:11 AM
Last Post: zanyzana66