Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Finding TDEE
12-09-2016, 12:07 AM
RE: Finding TDEE
(12-08-2016 06:35 PM)FionaSchipke Wrote:  
(12-08-2016 06:07 PM)Original_Beauty Wrote:  
(12-08-2016 05:58 PM)FionaSchipke Wrote:  I am having a 4 day break from exercise. I think I overdid it with adding in the two extra sessions and increasing weights also. I had a feeling that I was but kept going.

There are usually a couple of hints that I am overdoing it and I felt them but ignored them. I stop sleeping well. I get a sort of "energy frenzy" - don't know how to describe it - like I can't stop. My concentration for other more academic pursuits or things like piano practice is less.

One positive is that my appetite has returned to normal.

Next week I am going back to my normal routine and keeping the raised weights. And maybe the following week I will change my workouts.

I am so proud of you for listening to your body, that is a HUGE achievement! It can be hard to listen to your body but hopefully we both can become more in tune with our bodies. Again so proud of you! Awesome victory.

Thank you. I agree - it is a hard thing to listen and respond. It isn't something that is easy for me.

Nor me but together we can learn. Are you on MFP?

No old roads lead to new destinations.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2016, 09:50 AM
Yay on taking a break when your body needed! That will definitely do you go and help you keep progressing. I just forced myself to take a break on Wednesday. I was too pooped to lift and if I had insisted on it, I could have injured myself. Took a day off and did a much better workout on the following day. I am actually starting to look forward to my next break (it's time to plan a whole week off from lifting).

Here on the workout breaks and why they are so important: http://pin.it/1Lu4AlT

Tereza Toledobig grin lovestruck
Team EM2WL
Certified EM2WL Personal Trainer and Coach
Here is my journey: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tereza/
12-12-2016, 02:02 PM
So smart of you to listen and take a break. We sometimes just push and push and push. Great job!
12-12-2016, 02:42 PM
What a great example for the rest of us. Amazing what one day off can do. I've read that you should take at least one day off a week for recovery. Amazing what a difference a day can make. Thanks for sharing!
12-12-2016, 09:40 PM
Today was first weight training day after having 6 full days rest and it was a good one. I did lower body and increased my dumbbells slightly to 11/12/13kgs which is 24/26.4/28.7lbs

I actually was feeling really queasy and bloated for a few days. I had started taking a supplement with zinc in it and I think it was the zinc. So didn't do so well keeping to my planned calorie/energy quota!

Yesterday I felt almost better and today I am feeling totally back to normal.

Have done a couple of measurements

Waist (smallest part) 28 1/4 inches
Butt (biggest part) 39 1/4 inches

That is definitely bigger than I like to be. I am happiest with - smallest part of waist 27" and butt 38" which it was about 12 months ago. It will get back there - I do tend to fluctuate a little. I am now at the biggest I grudgingly feel ok with, but definitely don't like. Mainly because I was overweight when I was 18 to about 23 and I remember how hideously difficult it was trying to lose weight and not succeeding.

So definitely not weighing myself for a while!!
12-23-2016, 07:52 PM
I have had a pretty positive couple of weeks. I have kept my daily quota of calories above 2000 and averaged around 2250.

I haven't increased my weights again but may do that this week.

I started doing chin-ups again about 4 weeks ago and can now do four in a row - the most I have ever built up to.

I am going to keep around 2250 calories a day - it seems to be working at the moment. Maybe in a couple more weeks I will increase again.
12-23-2016, 10:51 PM
4 chin-ups in a row is huge! Bravo!!!
Don't worry about not increasing all the weights every time. Your body has been working hard for those chin-ups.
Good to see you found a calorie level that is working for you!

Team EM2WL
12-27-2016, 09:43 PM
I admire you being able to take a rest week! I want to do that too, but am afraid of losing muscle tone. I know it wouldn't actually happen, just a fear of not exercising I guess!

Congrats on the chin-ups!
12-28-2016, 01:28 PM
The fear of not exercise comes from the old diet mentality. It's just like the fear to increase calories and the fear to reintroduce foods that we banned because we like them so much. But it is something that you can conquer. Maybe the first time you take a break you could do leaisure walks and other activities that are not scheduled workouts. Eventually you can take a few days of not workouts.

Team EM2WL
12-28-2016, 04:20 PM
Thanks Tereza! I was going to take Monday off, but that was a day my weight went up by a pound, so I was afraid to not exercise. I would like to take a whole week off sometime! Hopefully I'll find my TDEE soon, and then maybe I'll feel more free to not exercise.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Finding Myself Again atuchofpink 12 3,227 10-12-2016 02:11 AM
Last Post: zanyzana66