Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Finding TDEE
04-18-2017, 09:10 AM
RE: Finding TDEE
Yes, start with a clean slate, be it the next day, next meal, next snack. Remember, this isn't an all or nothing thing (that's the old diet mentality). We are not in search of perfection, but progress and consistency. Just like West said, the mental garbage won't happen after a while. Meanwhile, lets dump it (pun intended)!

Tereza Toledobig grin lovestruck
Team EM2WL
Certified EM2WL Personal Trainer and Coach
Here is my journey: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tereza/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-19-2017, 06:25 AM
So far, except for Sunday, I have been over the 2250 cals I am aiming for. I am not overly worried - I have had weeks like this (and worse) before.

2150 Sunday (weights - lower)
2375 Monday
2500 Tuesday (weights - upper)
2400 Wednesday (HIIT - hill sprints)

I have a rest day tomorrow so will aim for 2250.
04-22-2017, 10:18 PM
I averaged around 2260 cals this week. Didn't weigh myself at all this week. Clothes fit the same. Did a GREAT lower body weights session this morning (Sunday here in Australia).

I will aim for an average of around 2250-2300 this week.
04-24-2017, 07:54 AM
Good job on leaving the scale alone! Don't freak out if pants feel a bit tighter after a good leg day. Mine do!

Team EM2WL
04-24-2017, 05:03 PM
Thank you Tereza,

Yes, everything is a little tight the day after (hate that feeling) and it is good to know the reason. I increased my weights back in November December and then changed my program and now I am upping the weights in that program so will probably have water weight again. It seems to hang around for 2-3 weeks for me!!! Is that normal?

And my appetite has increased lately also. I think I am going to go way over my planned 2250 average this week. My leg day was 2375 and the day after (which was upper body day which was a weights increase also) was 2800. Today is HIIT so will probably be another big cal day!! Then I have 2 rest days so hopefully will eat less then. Though my aim is to still stick to around 2250 each day!!! That is sorta hard for me - usually I at least try to compensate and attempt to eat less.

And another positive - my thyroid tests came back and my T3 (which I think is the active hormone and the one in control of our energy, etc) was the highest I have ever had a test come back. The "normal" parameters are 2.8 - 6.8 with patient feedback indicating that they feel the best over the halfway point. It was 4.1 at last test a fortnight ago which is still too low but better. My previous high has been 3.8 and I have been as low as 3.0. There are probably a couple of factors in there - quitting dairy which makes me feel tired; taking a good probiotic - a fair whack of thyroid conversion actually happens in the gut which needs to have good bacteria flourishing to work optimally; and a couple of other things. But I feel eating enough consistently is a big part as well. I am looking forward to my next test in 3 months.

And my basal body temperature has also increased to within normal ranges as well. I don't take it all the time as the best time for a woman to take it is the first few mornings after menstruation starts and I don't always remember. I managed to remember this time and it was within normal ranges at around 36.7 and 36.8 celsius. So that is another indication that my thyroid is working better also.

Have a happy day everyone :-)
04-25-2017, 02:50 AM
It sounds like your thyroid is picking up happy I don't have experience with thyroid issues, but as a vet we see patients (dogs) with hypothyroidism frequently. Obviously not the same thing, but I imagine the low energy levels, tiredness and weight management difficulties are similar. Hope it keeps heading in the right direction for you!
04-26-2017, 09:45 PM
Fiona, the first 2/3 weeks of starting a new workout routine is when you will see more water retention and feel puffiness. By the time the swelling goes down, it's basically time to change thing all over again though thinking

Good to hear your thyroid results came out better!

Team EM2WL
Yesterday, 07:57 PM
My average was 2471 cals this week!!!!!

I increased my weights the last two weeks - could that be why I have been ravenously hungry?

Could it be because my thyroid is working better?

Thank you Jules for your comment - I would imagine our thyroid issues would be similar to animals - the symptoms are similar. Is there anything else other than medication that you find helpful for slow thyroids in animals?

I will aim for 2250 again this week!! Maybe my appetite will be a little less crazy this week and I can hit my goal.
Today, 02:10 AM
(Yesterday 07:57 PM)FionaSchipke Wrote:  My average was 2471 cals this week!!!!!

I increased my weights the last two weeks - could that be why I have been ravenously hungry?

Could it be because my thyroid is working better?

Thank you Jules for your comment - I would imagine our thyroid issues would be similar to animals - the symptoms are similar. Is there anything else other than medication that you find helpful for slow thyroids in animals?

I will aim for 2250 again this week!! Maybe my appetite will be a little less crazy this week and I can hit my goal.

You don't know how happy I am to read that happy

Some days i'm sat here wondering just how much of a deficit you are eating somedays when you've had a few higher calorie just so that you can fit into a certain range for the week. I'm not sure if I have worded that well....

Well done on just going with the flow and listening to your body. Forgive me, but what is your estimated TDEE that you are working towards? I highly suspect that around 2450 might be it. Our bodies have a good way of letting us know what it wants.

How about having a slightly higher target this week? ( I know your scared at this prospect but as Anitra always said, nothing is permanent, you can always dial it back down.)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Finding Myself Again atuchofpink 12 1,658 10-12-2016 02:11 AM
Last Post: zanyzana66