Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Finding TDEE
12-18-2017, 06:19 PM
RE: Finding TDEE
Right there with you! The books sound interesting - I'll take a look.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-20-2017, 09:20 AM
Happy holidays Fiona!

I've heard of the tapping technique, but felt awkward trying it (it just seems...forced? i don't know) How was your experience with it? Did you learn off the internet or did someone show you the technique?

I totally agree with the effect of stress on the body - hormonal balance is so important for normal processes, and seeing how much some stress can cause things like acne or gi issues, difficulty losing weight could easily go hand in hand with stress.
12-20-2017, 04:51 PM
(12-20-2017 09:20 AM)Jules Wrote:  Happy holidays Fiona!

I've heard of the tapping technique, but felt awkward trying it (it just seems...forced? i don't know) How was your experience with it? Did you learn off the internet or did someone show you the technique?

I totally agree with the effect of stress on the body - hormonal balance is so important for normal processes, and seeing how much some stress can cause things like acne or gi issues, difficulty losing weight could easily go hand in hand with stress.

It does take a bit of getting used to!

During an extremely stressful time in my life - sometime around 2007 I think- someone gave me a copy of a manual. It just sat in my music room for months. I decided to try it one day and thought it was really ridiculous (I only spent a couple of minutes on it and I remember feeling awkward and silly). I picked it up again a few months later (can't remember the time frame) and this time for some reason it felt more natural and it really did make a difference. I have used it a lot over the years for different things.

Yes, I originally learnt from reading the manual - but it is easy (maybe easier) to learn from the internet. I found sites like tappingqanda great for tapping scripts and more information.

The book I mentioned by Jessica Ortner is just great for ideas on what issues to tap on - I wouldn't have thought of these on my own - I originally borrowed it from the Library and I found it so helpful I bought my own copy and I have read and gone through it a few times now.

I sometimes have months where I use it every day and then I may go months without - it drops off when life gets busy sometimes and it becomes another thing I keep thinking I really want to do regularly but don't get to unless I specifically make time - like exercising.
12-21-2017, 11:15 AM
It sounds like it really works for you Fiona, that's fantastic. Maybe I dismissed the technique too soon, seeing as you've had such success. I'll definitely check out the websites, thank you!
12-26-2017, 10:13 AM
I didn’t read the book, but every time I have a migraine I try to relax while applying pressure to the soft are in between the index finger and the thumb. It does help! I was feeling miserable yesterday morning and Iboprofen wasn’t doing much. It did help me get back on the mend.

Tereza Toledobig grin lovestruck
Team EM2WL
Certified EM2WL Personal Trainer and Coach
Here is my journey: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tereza/
02-03-2018, 03:35 PM
Finally!!! A cut is working. I am almost back to the size I like to be. Just another approx 2cms each from butt and waist and I will be there. I am now 65.7kgs. My weight will probably be around 63.5-64kgs when I am at the size I like to be.

But now, as hard as it is going to be (I would rather keep going when I am on a roll) I need to take a maintenance break for a couple of weeks to stabilise the fat loss and keep my metabolism at the optimum level.
02-03-2018, 05:37 PM
(02-03-2018 03:35 PM)FionaSchipke Wrote:  Finally!!! A cut is working. I am almost back to the size I like to be. Just another approx 2cms each from butt and waist and I will be there. I am now 65.7kgs. My weight will probably be around 63.5-64kgs when I am at the size I like to be.

But now, as hard as it is going to be (I would rather keep going when I am on a roll) I need to take a maintenance break for a couple of weeks to stabilise the fat loss and keep my metabolism at the optimum level.

That's great, Fiona!
02-06-2018, 01:02 AM
I am thrilled to hear that you are doing a maintenance break, Fiona! Taking this break is the best thing you can do for a successful cut!

Tereza Toledobig grin lovestruck
Team EM2WL
Certified EM2WL Personal Trainer and Coach
Here is my journey: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tereza/

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Finding Myself Again atuchofpink 12 4,809 10-12-2016 02:11 AM
Last Post: zanyzana66