Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Finding TDEE
08-31-2018, 08:53 PM
RE: Finding TDEE
(08-31-2018 12:02 PM)West Wrote:  
(08-29-2018 06:05 PM)FionaSchipke Wrote:  Well I actually reached around 64kgs and then decided to do a little more exercise. My appetite increase out of proportion to the extra exercise I was doing - I was hungry for around 500-700 extra cals a day. For the first 3 weeks I didn't gain any weight but then started to increase on the scales and measurements.

I think that I must have been at my max optimal exercise amount and the extra just tipped me over. I took a rest week and then cut back to a little less than I was doing before and after about 2 weeks my appetite returned to normal. I now have around 1.5kgs to get back to around 64kgs so will do that slowly but I know I can get there.

The extra exercise started to effect my concentration and focus during the day also.

My take away from that is that I can have a week or two where I do a little extra but I don't function doing extra exercise on a long-term basis - it builds up and crosses the line into overtraining.

Have a happy day everyone :-)
That is interesting...

I have read several research papers that show exercise induced calorie deficit only has a little impact on appetite. The point made was that if you burn 300 cals through exercise, chances are you would eat those calories back naturally but if you burnt 600 through exercise then that wouldn't change, your hunger would mean that you would still only eat those 300 cals. Exercise / training seems to blunt appetite in women / men. That is how a lot of sportswomen end in up in a state of low energy availability (EA) and their periods stop. Hunger is not reliable sign for those women that they are eating enough.

But a good little experiment on yourself and so another piece of the jigsaw slots into place into how your body works.

Yes, I have read similar research papers - which is probably, looking back, why I disregarded how I felt each time this happened over the years. Do you feel you are more in line with the research in how your body works?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-02-2018, 08:38 AM
RE: Finding TDEE
(08-31-2018 08:53 PM)FionaSchipke Wrote:  Yes, I have read similar research papers - which is probably, looking back, why I disregarded how I felt each time this happened over the years. Do you feel you are more in line with the research in how your body works?

Oh, definitely, exercise kills my appetite dead. I can't rely on my bodies hunger queues.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Finding Myself Again atuchofpink 12 6,080 10-12-2016 02:11 AM
Last Post: zanyzana66