Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New here trying to find TDEE
11-30-2016, 03:39 PM
New here trying to find TDEE
Hi everyone! I’ve been reading here for a while. And I finally decided it’s time to say hello, even though I’m shy to post! I found out a few months ago that I wasn’t getting enough calories (for probably several years).

I am wanting to do a reset. I am working on finding my TDEE, which has been challenging! I decided to do the “rip the band-aid off” approach. It’s been hard watching the weight go up!

I will start a journal with more details about my journey so far. I could definitely use some help!

I’m glad I found this site and am excited to finally give my body what it needs!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-30-2016, 03:54 PM
RE: New here trying to find TDEE
Welcome! I think you'll find everyone on here to be very helpful and supportive!
12-01-2016, 08:16 AM
Welcome Frosty! Upping calories all at once may be overwhelming, but regardless of how you do it, your body will thank you in the long run!

Tereza Toledobig grin lovestruck
Team EM2WL
Certified EM2WL Personal Trainer and Coach
Here is my journey: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tereza/
12-01-2016, 04:00 PM
Thanks for the welcomes! Yes, my body does seem to like all the yummy food! So glad I found you guys!
12-18-2016, 08:10 PM
I also did the "rip the band aid off" approach. I went right up and I did gain about 15 lbs. That has been emotionally hard. But I do believe in this philosophy and I am hoping I am nearing the end of the reset. I hate that I did that to my metabolism in the first place. Welcome and good luck to you starting your journey! :-)
12-19-2016, 09:21 PM
Thanks teachertoo! I've gained about 10 pounds so far, and I sure hope it doesn't go up much more! I agree, it's hard to see the scale go up. It's interesting what our bodies do when we start eating enough calories!
12-20-2016, 10:53 AM
Hi Frosty! I'm looking forward to reading more about your journey! I recommend you limit your use of the scale during your reset. Your body will at first hold on to fat until it trusts you not to jump back to restricting your calories!! Are you doing any strength training during your reset?

Joan
Be yourself. Everyone else is taken! kiss

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/jaeone
12-20-2016, 12:45 PM
Thanks Jaeone! Please feel free to check out my journal, as I could use some help! I am currently trying to find my TDEE, and I understand that we're supposed to watch what our weight does to guide us in finding our true TDEE, is that right?

I have only just recently realized that during reset, we will be eating at or above our TDEE, and we may gain weight over and above what we gained just finding our TDEE! Is that correct?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  TDEE? TDEE break? queenbea77 4 3,742 03-14-2013 06:58 PM
Last Post: queenbea77