Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Walking the path
03-19-2017, 12:47 AM
RE: Walking the path
I think you are stressing over this far too much. Your cortisol levels are likely through the roof because you keep analysing and overanalysing every last tenth of a pound.
You need to ask yourself, what it is you are really looking for here. This takes work and it takes patience. None of which will happen overnight. There comes a time when you have to ask yourself if you are 100% committed to the process, or if you are just waiting to see if this "fails" so you can go running back to the next fad diet.
You KNOW you dont want to starve yourself any longer. You KNOW the fad diets dont work. So put both feet in the water.

Stop weighing yourself. Period. End of story. Need a reason? read my article about it.http://eatmore2weighless.com/still-playing-diet-games/
Constantly stressing daily over the weight will not help your reset at all. Reset is for healing and getting your metabolism back to where it should be. Fat loss will NOT occur during this phase, so constantly waiting to see a downward trend while in reset will just make you crazy.

You have been eating around 2200 cals for a little while and you are asking if it is enough. The short answer is no. You arent even 100% sure if 2200 is your TDEE. That is the point of resetting, is finding TDEE. That requires time and patience. You spent more then 6 years in a low calorie diet, meaning your body has essentially starved in that time. It is impossible to think that a few weeks or a month or two will "fix" that damage. Most of us who reset, spend months, if not a year or more at TDEE before we even consider a cut. Ive been sitting at my TDEE for almost a year now and only now am i considering a small cut to see how things go. Maintenance means maintaining your current weight. Currently you seem to be maintaining at 2200 cals. Now the question is, is that in fact your TDEE. Good way to check? eat there for a few months. See what happens. First and foremost, your infatuation with the numbers on the scale is what is hindering your progress.

You need to ask yourself why does the scale matter? Why does it matter if that scale says 150 or 130?.. Does being 20 pounds lighter mean you are healthier? Not at all. It means you lost 20 pounds in your body. You could cut off your arm and lose weight. Does that mean you are healthy? Weight loss does not distinguish between Muscle or Fat or water or body organs. The idea of a reset is to maximize your fat loss when the time comes to cut and minimize your muscle loss in the process. You cannot do that if you do not commit to the reset 100%.

I know where you are coming from. You are me a few years ago.. Constantly looking for a reason or a ah-ha moment that makes this "correct" that you are on the right path. But that will only come from within. When you can let go of the numbers.. and let go of the analysis paralysis then the true healing begins. This is more than just losing weight. This is far more than fitting into a size of clothing we wore years ago.. This is about loving yourself at ANY size, and being able to rid yourself of the fears surrounding what you eat and how you eat. Ask yourself, wouldnt you rather be able to sit and enjoy a family meal or a holiday dinner, and not have the "IM soooooo stuffed, I ate like a pig" comments rid from your mindset? Wouldn't you rather want to be stronger, leaner and smaller, even if it means never being the number on the scale you think you should be? These are the things that matter.. not that scale. Allow yourself the freedom to get away from it and take back your life. The longer you allow that scale to control you, the longer your journey will take. And yes, I speak with experience. I wasted almost three years of my journey fretting over that stupid scale. Don't make the same mistakes I did.

Kelly
Team EM2WL
Never Give Up.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-19-2017, 09:39 AM
Kelly, I love how you speak from the heart <3 ! Your insight is IT. Reset is by far the hardest phase of EM2WL because of the mental aspect involved in, because of the constant self-doubt that we have. We want everything black and white, everything yes or no, but that's not how it goes. How longs will it take? We don't know. Will it be easy? Nope. But will it be worth it? Totally!

http://eatmore2weighless.com/metabolism-...ch-longer/

Tereza Toledobig grin lovestruck
Team EM2WL
Certified EM2WL Personal Trainer and Coach
Here is my journey: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tereza/
03-19-2017, 12:19 PM
I am just looking for some help in finding my TDEE. I think I’m asking some good questions? The metabolism reset guide says to watch what our weight does, and if it continues to creep up over time without going down or leveling off, then we can know we are past our TDEE and we should back off on the calories.

I’m trying to figure out if I’m over TDEE yet, or if I am at TDEE, or if I need to increase cals and haven’t reached TDEE yet. This is a bit confusing and definitely a mentally challenging process!

I have never done a “fad diet.” I’ve only ever been overweight once in my life, by about 7 pounds. I lost weight by tracking my calories for the first time ever, and it turns out the goal calorie range a health professional told me was too low. Yes I should have done more homework of my own on that, but I trusted that person, unfortunately.

While I was tracking my calories back then, I found I actually needed to eat MORE sometimes just to get up to 1200 + calories. I think that tells me that my natural eating habits were to underestimate how much food I needed, probably partly from what I was used to seeing on the plate when I was growing up. I don’t know, but I wasn’t denying myself food on purpose, I think it was just ignorance.

I am NOT interested in doing a cut. Maybe someday I will. I am wanting to heal my body and am willing to stay at TDEE for as long as needed. Even a year or more. I have never been in a hurry with this process.

I hope that helps people understand where I’m coming from.
03-19-2017, 11:17 PM
Frosty, we all know where you are coming from. We have all been there, one way or another. We all had and still have our moments when we focus on things that in the big scheme don't really matter. We obsess over number, results, goal dates, perfect calories, and so on.

Yes, the metabolism reset guide talks about weighting everyday, watching the trend and all. But we are talking about bodies and there are variations person to person.

I understand that you are looking for your TDEE and not focusing on a cut. And I understand how it feels like you are walking in the dark, but you don't need to know all the steps ahead to keep moving. Maybe you should add a bit more or just stay there. The recent increases are being so significant, could be any kind of fluctuation. If the whole process is becoming too stressful, you may be due for a chill phase.

Not being in a hurry and knowing that this is a journey for life gives you a head start. Don't look for perfection, constant improvement will take you farther for sure.

Team EM2WL
03-24-2017, 11:15 AM
Just checking to see how you are doing! We miss you <3!

Team EM2WL
03-24-2017, 11:39 AM
(03-24-2017 11:15 AM)Tereza Toledo Wrote:  Just checking to see how you are doing! We miss you <3!

Me, too!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The path to health and happiness kRiBBiTd 6 1,495 09-20-2016 01:22 PM
Last Post: hannah77
  Julia's path towards balance, self-love, and achieving goals juliacarreras 78 35,374 10-20-2015 03:42 AM
Last Post: mrsukyankee