Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
More energy and increasing weights
11-30-2016, 11:59 PM
More energy and increasing weights
I have only been doing EM2WL for almost a week but it is soooooo good to have a load of energy to do workouts rather than struggle through them.

NSV 1 is being able to increase my upper body dumbbells to 20/23/25 and my lower body dumbbells to 23/25/28 which is the highest I have gone in my 25 years of working out with weights.

NSV 2 is eating food rather than drinking a coffee for energy. I have just realised I haven't had a coffee for a few days. AND, even more amazing is that I don't miss it.

NSV 3 is having more energy through the day and getting things done easily rather than having to push myself.

Now that doesn't mean I won't freak out if I find I am gaining more weight!! This is still scary stuff but I am hopeful of finding my TDEE and having more energy through the day as well as keeping a stable weight. wink
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2016, 06:16 PM
RE: More energy and increasing weights
Great NSVs, Fiona! After being so consistent with your exercise and diet over the years, you will probably notice lots of positive changes from these EM2WL changes!
Annette
12-05-2016, 07:44 PM
Fiona, nice to see you are noticing such great improvements! Can I share your NSV's with the Em2WL fam?

Tereza Toledobig grin lovestruck
Team EM2WL
Certified EM2WL Personal Trainer and Coach
Here is my journey: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tereza/
12-06-2016, 05:20 AM
(12-05-2016 07:44 PM)Tereza Toledo Wrote:  Fiona, nice to see you are noticing such great improvements! Can I share your NSV's with the Em2WL fam?

Sure can :-)
12-06-2016, 08:29 AM
Thanks! Keep them coming!

Team EM2WL
12-06-2016, 04:07 PM
Is that in kg? Wow.... even in lbs it's high! I see that consistency works (she says after skipping yesterday's workout just because she didn't feel like it!).
12-06-2016, 04:59 PM
(12-06-2016 04:07 PM)zanyzana66 Wrote:  Is that in kg? Wow.... even in lbs it's high! I see that consistency works (she says after skipping yesterday's workout just because she didn't feel like it!).

It is pounds. laughing I use kgs but converted them because that seems to be what everyone uses.

I am feeling I can go higher though.
12-07-2016, 05:50 PM
(12-06-2016 04:59 PM)FionaSchipke Wrote:  
(12-06-2016 04:07 PM)zanyzana66 Wrote:  Is that in kg? Wow.... even in lbs it's high! I see that consistency works (she says after skipping yesterday's workout just because she didn't feel like it!).

It is pounds. laughing I use kgs but converted them because that seems to be what everyone uses.

I am feeling I can go higher though.

Smash it! Do you have adjustable dumbells, or do you have a library of different weights? My adjustable dumbells are from Kmart, so pretty ugly, but they do the job. They only go up to 20kg all up (10 each side), but I'm nowhere near that yet, so it's all good!

I tried out a new local gym yesterday and it had so many new toys in it - I was like a kid in a candy shop! There was hardly anyone in there, so I just played and thought stuff how fat I am in here, if they shame me for being fat in a small place like this, they're going to go broke! It's great getting older and valuing yourself more, regardless of fatness.... I wish Annette of 18 had been able to think like this.
12-08-2016, 12:22 AM
Annette, I love your mindset! Even though there are way more aches and pains now, I would not trade my 40+ self for my younger self. No way!

Team EM2WL

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Increased Pyramid Weights to 10 pounds today! erin0201 1 1,171 11-30-2016 11:44 PM
Last Post: FionaSchipke
  I just brought a set of heavier weights Ricjos0101 5 3,863 07-24-2012 12:10 PM
Last Post: LoriInIowa