Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
You Are Your Own Gym - Anyone Familiar With It?
12-29-2016, 10:45 AM
You Are Your Own Gym - Anyone Familiar With It?
I just got Body by You: The You Are Your Own Gym Guide to Total Women's Fitness for Christmas! I'd like to start this program in January (hello, 3 days away) and was wondering if anyone is familiar with it and has worked through the program. I know the program recommends working out 3 days a week, but I may only have 2 days a week to devote to the bodyweight program, with a third day doing circuit-type workouts with my trainer and my workout buddies. Looking for some feedback both on the program itself and possible modifications to a twice-weekly workout as opposed to 3 days. I know best results will come from utilizing the program as written, but any feedback would be greatly appreciated!! big grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-29-2016, 12:55 PM
RE: You Are Your Own Gym - Anyone Familiar With It?
Maggie,
I haven't done the program myself, maybe others can chime in. Does it give you an alternative to working out two days? Have you tried looking at their site for more info (https://www.marklauren.com)? I'm sure there's a way to adapt the workouts in a way that you still can get good results.

Tereza Toledobig grin lovestruck
Team EM2WL
Certified EM2WL Personal Trainer and Coach
Here is my journey: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tereza/
12-29-2016, 01:23 PM
RE: You Are Your Own Gym - Anyone Familiar With It?
Hi Tereza,

I'm almost done reading through the book and I haven't seen anything yet for a two-day modification, but I'll keep reading. Nothing on the website either, as far as I could see. I really want to commit myself to this bodyweight rotation to get the best results I can (my current workout is getting a bit boring, but it's definitely been working, and I don't want to lose any gains I've made), but I really don't have the time for more than 3 workouts per week...and I don't want to disappoint my workout buddies by not participating with them. Oh well...can't do everything, right? Hopefully I can find a way to work it all in, but if not...I need to do whatever is best for me. I'll take the weekend to ponder which way to go with this...