Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Eat, Play, Write
01-27-2017, 12:07 PM
RE: Eat, Play, Write
One last story...

A woman goes to the top financial advisor in the country. She ask for advice to build her personal wealth in the next 3 years. The advisor devises a masterful plan -- and delivers it to the woman -- cautioning her it will take time and her ability to follow the plan without deviating from it.

In two weeks, the woman calls him in a panic. "I can't believe it, I'm no richer than I was two weeks ago! Everyday, I check my accounts and I'm not seeing any growth!"

He tries to calm her and reminds her about the long term plan, etc.

In another two weeks, the woman calls back, "that's it, I'm no richer than when I started. I've decided to put all my money into a low-interest savings account."

Maybe I'm not so good at parables but you get the point. Put less emphasis on the scale, put more focus on how you are feeling -- energetic, happy, zestful -- your macros and your workouts.

Have a lovely break from the internet!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-27-2017, 03:15 PM
(01-27-2017 11:42 AM)MaggieG123 Wrote:  Wow Sheila, what an adventure, moving across the country! Enjoy your weekend, your walk, and your book!

Thanks! (I do enjoy writing, most of the time!)
01-27-2017, 04:24 PM
Oh, you're WRITING a book! I didn't realize that the first time I read your post...wow, that's so awesome!
01-27-2017, 05:47 PM
(01-27-2017 04:24 PM)MaggieG123 Wrote:  Oh, you're WRITING a book! I didn't realize that the first time I read your post...wow, that's so awesome!

Yup. That's what I do! big grin
01-27-2017, 07:17 PM
What kind of books do you write? Can you share some titles so we can have a read? I've never met a published author!
01-27-2017, 08:15 PM
(01-27-2017 07:17 PM)zanyzana66 Wrote:  What kind of books do you write? Can you share some titles so we can have a read? I've never met a published author!

I've written 17 books about dogs & cats (nonfiction), and 4 mystery novels. I also write articles, essays, and short stories. You can see more at sheilaboneham.com if you like. :-) Thanks for asking!

(Clearly, I haven't extricated myself from the internet yet. Setting my blocker up for the weekend!)
01-29-2017, 11:31 AM
I've been reflecting on multiple comments here about my over thinking this process. It's true, I do - what can I say? I'm a recovering academic! Anyway, I've decided to take a week off from tracking. For the past two years I have religiously (as in every single day) tracked my food, exercise, and weight, and for a couple of years before that I tracked sporadically. I do credit my 70# weight loss in part to tracking, and to reinforcement of healthier habits and choices from being hyper aware of my choices. But there's a fine line between commitment and obsession, and I'm pretty obsessed! So I'm hiding my scale and ignoring my tracking programs for the next week to see what happens. It won't be easy! Maybe I'll check in with reports on what I do with all the extra time I'll have. ;-)
01-29-2017, 12:25 PM
What a wonderful decision!
01-29-2017, 12:49 PM
Sounds like a good plan, Sheila! Keep us posted!
01-29-2017, 01:04 PM
Sheila, that's a great idea! Just take care of yourself and relax. Everything will be ok! Being obsessed usually makes thing worse and stress does not help fat loss.

Daphne, I sent you a pm.

Tereza Toledobig grin lovestruck
Team EM2WL
Certified EM2WL Personal Trainer and Coach
Here is my journey: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tereza/