Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Eat, Play, Write
01-18-2017, 07:46 PM
RE: Eat, Play, Write
(01-18-2017 07:06 PM)Original_Beauty Wrote:  That's what we are here for, we all need advice. I wonder what this week will bring? How do you feel about possibility going to 2200 calories?

I'm going to stay at 2100 at least through this week and see what happens. If I stay stable or lose a little, I'll go to 2150 or 2200, which is slightly over the calculator's predicted TDEE. Which brings up another Q....

What is the margin of error on daily calorie counts? Obviously it's almost impossible to hit the target exactly, but how much off is too low or too high to count as "hitting the target"?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-18-2017, 10:46 PM
Within 50 calories it's fine, for more or for less. Not necessarily a margin of error, but an amount that won't be significant to cause your progress to stall.

Tereza Toledobig grin lovestruck
Team EM2WL
Certified EM2WL Personal Trainer and Coach
Here is my journey: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tereza/
01-19-2017, 10:28 AM
Up again this morning to 149.4. My Hacker's Diet chart shows a steady gain since I started EM2WL in Nov. and my weekly rate of gain is increasing. I'm feeling uncomfortable in terms of my body--feel "stuffed"--and the amount of food I'm eating, since I'm forcing myself to add calories even when I feel very satisfied. Ugh.

01-19-2017, 03:52 PM
Oh, that's too bad about the weight going up. (Mine did too, LOL!) What do you think you'll do? Maybe you could try cutting back by 25 or 50 calories to see what happens? Or, ride it out and see if it stabilizes in a week or two?

When I'm logging calories, I allow myself to be within about 10-20 calories of my goal. It's good to know I could be a little more relaxed with the numbers!
01-19-2017, 05:47 PM
Sheila, try to switch things regarding time of eating. Do you feel like you end up hoard cals, sparing them to eat at night? Maybe trying to eat a tad more in each meal, sort of spreading the calories. Feeling stuffed isn't fun and usually happens when the body isn't used to eating at a higher level.

I already shared this link in Forty's and Maggie's thread, but it is an amazing reading: http://eatmore2weighless.com/still-playing-diet-games/

Tereza Toledobig grin lovestruck
Team EM2WL
Certified EM2WL Personal Trainer and Coach
Here is my journey: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tereza/
01-19-2017, 06:46 PM
(01-19-2017 05:47 PM)Tereza Toledo Wrote:  Sheila, try to switch things regarding time of eating. Do you feel like you end up hoard cals, sparing them to eat at night? Maybe trying to eat a tad more in each meal, sort of spreading the calories. Feeling stuffed isn't fun and usually happens when the body isn't used to eating at a higher level.

I already shared this link in Forty's and Maggie's thread, but it is an amazing reading: http://eatmore2weighless.com/still-playing-diet-games/

No, I don't calorie hoard. I plan my days in the morning, or even the day before. Typically I have about 450 for breakfast (high protein), a 200-calorie mid-morning snack, 350-450 lunch, 200-300 mid-afternoon, 400-500 dinner, and a snack around 9 pm. I feel stuffed most of the day. It's all healthful food - I don't eat junk anymore - and I pay attention to macros throughout the day. I really don't think this is mental, but will read the article, of course. Thanks.
01-19-2017, 06:57 PM
(01-19-2017 03:52 PM)Frosty Wrote:  Oh, that's too bad about the weight going up. (Mine did too, LOL!) What do you think you'll do? Maybe you could try cutting back by 25 or 50 calories to see what happens? Or, ride it out and see if it stabilizes in a week or two?

When I'm logging calories, I allow myself to be within about 10-20 calories of my goal. It's good to know I could be a little more relaxed with the numbers!

I'm riding it out a bit longer. Just venting, and more about feeling over-stuffed than about the # on the scale since I know I didn't gain that much overnight. Otoh, I have gained steadily since Nov, and even if it's not all that much, it certainly seems to be a trend. But I'll keep going and see what happens next. Thanks!
01-20-2017, 11:16 AM
Well, it's here, the dread 150. It isn't just the # on the scale - my clothes are getting tight (and I am not going to buy new "fat" clothes - I've donated all the old stuf) and I feel heavy, overstuffed, force fed. I'm going to a 10% cut starting today. I'll do that for 4 weeks. I know I haven't been doing this long enough to be sure, but I think my activity level right now is between moderate & strenuous, and so am averaging TDEE and cut levels to see what happens.

Starting weight 11-21 - 144
Past 2 weeks
1-07 148.2
1-08 148
1-09 147.4
1-10 148.2
1-11 148.2
1-12 149
1-13 148-8
1-14 148.6
1-15 148.6
1-16 149.4
1-17 148.8
1-18 148.8
1-19 149.4
1-20 150

BMR - 1271
TDEE - 2081 (averaging Moderate & Strenuous)
Calorie average past week - 2109
Weight average past week - 149
Began 2100/day on 1-11
Beginning 10% cut - 1873 on 1-20
01-20-2017, 08:16 PM
How about just tweaking your calorie intake? You are still trying to find your true TDEE, and that means watching the scale (sorry about the 150!), and then increasing or decreasing calories to fine-tune things. So, why not cut your calories by maybe 50 per day?

In my understanding, a "cut" is what we do after we do a reset, and is for weight loss. It's a separate process from finding TDEE. Know what I mean?

Feeling overstuffed will improve with time. I think I felt stuffed for maybe 2 months. Now I just feel well satisfied. Reducing your calories a bit would help too.

Hope that helps some!
01-20-2017, 09:43 PM
(01-20-2017 08:16 PM)Frosty Wrote:  How about just tweaking your calorie intake? You are still trying to find your true TDEE, and that means watching the scale (sorry about the 150!), and then increasing or decreasing calories to fine-tune things. So, why not cut your calories by maybe 50 per day?

In my understanding, a "cut" is what we do after we do a reset, and is for weight loss. It's a separate process from finding TDEE. Know what I mean?

Feeling overstuffed will improve with time. I think I felt stuffed for maybe 2 months. Now I just feel well satisfied. Reducing your calories a bit would help too.

Hope that helps some!

Thanks, Frosty, and yes, I understand what a cut is. Since I posted this morning, I've revised my goal to 2000 rather than 1876, so I'm lowering by 100 for a couple of weeks to see what happens. I think I raised the bar too quickly. Anyway, I'll try this and see what happens.

I feel much better this evening - not stuffed, but full.