Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Eat, Play, Write
03-20-2018, 12:53 PM (This post was last modified: 03-20-2018 12:54 PM by sheilawrites.)
RE: Eat, Play, Write
(03-19-2018 11:05 PM)Tereza Toledo Wrote:  Great to hear you have settled! Yay for many plans with friends!

I loved the “mini-reset” part, but not so much the cutting from 1500. Definitely low, even without workouts, definitely seems way too close to BMR.

Tereza, you've said that before, but I really think 1500 is my TDEE at the moment. If I stick to ~1500, my weight stays steady. In my figures below, the cal averages are full, not net, and I was exercising more in the fall.

Keep in mind that I'm considerably older that many women on here - 65 - and not as physically active as in the past for the time being. I know absolutely that if I go above ~1500 net calories, I gain weight. At 1300-1400, I maintain or barely lose. When I start getting more exercise again, I'll add calories. If I'm missing something, please tell me where I'm wrong about my numbers.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-20-2018, 11:36 PM
Sheila, I understand you are not working out formally, but I am sure you go shopping, clean the house, cook, walk the dog. Most people are at least in the light activity level.

Tereza Toledobig grin lovestruck
Team EM2WL
Certified EM2WL Personal Trainer and Coach
Here is my journey: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tereza/
03-21-2018, 10:24 AM
(03-20-2018 11:36 PM)Tereza Toledo Wrote:  Sheila, I understand you are not working out formally, but I am sure you go shopping, clean the house, cook, walk the dog. Most people are at least in the light activity level.

Yes, I understand that, and I'm not trying to argue with you, Tereza. But if I gain weight when I eat at a certain calorie level, it seems obvious to me that I am exceeding my TDEE. If I hold steady, I must be at/close to TDEE. If I lose, I'm below TDEE. I'm not hungry at my current intake level, I'm eating a nice balance of P, F, and C, and I feel great. I'm not dieting, I'm just eating consciously and within comfortable bounds. I've been at relatively stable weight ~147-149 and net cals since November, which seems long enough to have a pretty accurate idea. I am decidedly not interested in regaining what I regained before.

I appreciate all the information and support I've received through EM2WL, and the push to look carefully at what and how much I eat, but I think I'll take a break along with most of the other folks who used to be active here. All the best to everyone! Heart
03-23-2018, 07:58 AM
It’s a great thing that you are finding balance! Keep in mind that we are here for you and will support you no matter what!

Tereza Toledobig grin lovestruck
Team EM2WL
Certified EM2WL Personal Trainer and Coach
Here is my journey: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tereza/
03-24-2018, 08:37 AM (This post was last modified: 03-24-2018 08:37 AM by West.)
Glad the move went smoothly and you've settled in (at least in the short term) makes it easier for house hunting, less stressful in the long term and you can take your time.