Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Getting ahead.....
04-09-2017, 02:43 AM
RE: Getting ahead.....
(03-14-2017 10:10 AM)ibtmas Wrote:  Cut 2
week 2
No change in inches, no change on the scale!
Leg workout done with 4kgs+
I dont know why but my cut is feeling like bulk to me

Sometimes thats the way it is! Often when thats the case a comparison of side by side photos months apart reveals all. I know it's hard to get your head round, nothing budging can mean progress! We are so fixed on seeing something move and equate that to progress.

(04-09-2017 02:24 AM)ibtmas Wrote:  So a bit of update and a question.
i stayed consistent with my workouts and -15%cut for 4 weeks without any changes so i went down to -20% and added some light walks 20 to 30 mins to releif stress.It has been 2 weeks now at -20% and i have started seeing visible differences in pictues and clothes seem to get loose.The total time of my cut is now 6 weeks and i had planned to go for a TDEE break after six weeks but now when i have strated seeing come changes should i stick to the cut for the next two weeks and complete the cut for 8 weeks or should i take the break and then move to the third cut with -20%??

My personal opinion? The most I would cut for is 6 weeks, comes from my personal experience of doing several cuts of varying lengths. Then after 6 weeks 2 weeks at maintenance, I found 1 week just wasn't long enough plus a podcast I listened to last year, the research suggested that it takes two weeks for all the important hormones etc in the body to return to normal levels after a cut.

You maybe feel completely different, so maybe time to experiment yourself with how long you cut for and how long your diet breaks are. If the thought of an extra 2 weeks at 20% cut seem easy as pie then I'd strongly suggest going to TDEE for a break.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2017, 05:00 AM
My personal opinion? The most I would cut for is 6 weeks, comes from my personal experience of doing several cuts of varying lengths. Then after 6 weeks 2 weeks at maintenance, I found 1 week just wasn't long enough plus a podcast I listened to last year, the research suggested that it takes two weeks for all the important hormones etc in the body to return to normal levels after a cut.

You maybe feel completely different, so maybe time to experiment yourself with how long you cut for and how long your diet breaks are. If the thought of an extra 2 weeks at 20% cut seem easy as pie then I'd strongly suggest going to TDEE for a break.
[/quote]

Thanx for your reply. Actually thats the main point which is confusing me to continue or to take a break coz i am dying to take a break and feel hungry almost ALL the time so cut aint so easy at the moment, but i am also happy to see some movement at the right direction after almost being 5 months in this jounery. Gained almost 15 kgs till now and all my summer wardrobe seems to get new clothes but i hope i would get some fit till the vacations!
04-21-2017, 01:43 AM
8 weeks almost complete for the 2nd cut ( including a rest week). Looks like 20% cut worked for me. 6 inches down=D>:thumbsup:!
1" fr both upper arms
1" fr both thighs
2 inches fr the hips.
Although the belly area is showing no measurements down, the belly pooch is down in the pics.
After a Tdee break next week will ahead to a 3rd cut from 1st May.( 6 weeks cut this time):thumbsup:
04-21-2017, 07:59 AM
Losing inches is huge, that's the loss we need to focus on! Woohoo!

Your comment about your belly made me think of the measurement tip EM2WL has about measuring front and back, not just the circumference. You may be adding muscle in the back area while decreasing fat in the front, making the circumference the same, for example. http://eatmore2weighless.com/tips-on-measuring/

Enjoy your TDEE break!

Tereza Toledobig grin lovestruck
Team EM2WL
Certified EM2WL Personal Trainer and Coach
Here is my journey: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tereza/
04-21-2017, 09:44 AM
(04-21-2017 01:43 AM)ibtmas Wrote:  8 weeks almost complete for the 2nd cut ( including a rest week). Looks like 20% cut worked for me. 6 inches downapplause thumbs up!
1" fr both upper arms
1" fr both thighs
2 inches fr the hips.
Although the belly area is showing no measurements down, the belly pooch is down in the pics.
After a Tdee break next week will ahead to a 3rd cut from 1st May.( 6 weeks cut this time)thumbs up

Thumbs up for sure! Good for you!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-29-2017, 04:38 PM
So now that i'll be stepping into the third cut and i read everywhere in em2wl forums that during your cut endurance workouts are the best which would be from 15-20 reps, lower weights. Before i was doing 8-10 reps. My question is can i keep my workouts the same and just increase the reps and lower the weights or i will have to re consider some other endurance based workouts?
Also personally i was thinking of adding hiit with strength which will give the endurance effect to the workouts. what do u think works best?
04-30-2017, 05:52 AM
I think you're better off sticking to 8-10 reps to keep your muscle during a cut. You may need to lower the volume of your workout if you're more easily fatigued because of the fewer cals.
HIIT is a great idea! There's research implying it burns calories even after the workout, and it's so much more intense than steady state. If you're crunched for time HIIT is so effective.
I personally like both. I like just going for an easy run to get fresh air and find my center (and do something good for my body and endurance), but HIIT is very cool if I want to sweat intensely and get my blood pumping.
Fitnessblender.com is a fantastic site with a ton of free HIIT workouts. I also like their HIIT workouts because they often work the whole body and in all dimensions (in comparison to sprint HIITs where you just running straight ahead).

My 2 cents, hope that helps!
04-30-2017, 01:54 PM
Thanx Jules! I am already working out with fitnessblender strength workouts and love them! i keep changing the rep range every 4 wks from 8to10to12. I was actually thinking of starting their 5 days fat loss challange(which i love) while cutting, it includes strength, hiit, cardio and pilates. That would also increase my TDEE as at present i am working out 4x. so i'll have to recalculate my numbers.
But on the other hand i was confused if i increase the rep range i would keep up with strength and the cardio effect to give the body a shock and prevent plateau.
04-30-2017, 09:16 PM
You are doing great with your workouts, Ibtmas! Periodizing your workouts (endurance, strength, hypertrophy) is the best thing you can do. Since you are cutting for more than 4 weeks in total, it's ok to throw some endurance in there. You could do the same routine with more reps and lighter weights, but you'd be missing on the change of exercises and how it balances more your fitness level in the long run. Switch the moves/rep style/tempo every four weeks, your body will love you for it!
http://eatmore2weighless.com/periodizati...-plateaus/

Tereza Toledobig grin lovestruck
Team EM2WL
Certified EM2WL Personal Trainer and Coach
Here is my journey: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tereza/