Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Getting ahead.....
08-14-2017, 11:42 AM
RE: Getting ahead.....
Hi ibtmas

I see you have done four cuts and you consider that the last one didn't go so well? When I did my cuts with one/ two weeks at tdee in between, when I could look back in hindsight after 6 cuts looking at the happy scale app, I wish I had taken a longer diet break after the third cut. Think about a decent break from cutting, i'm talking about 5/6 weeks maybe even longer.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-15-2017, 12:46 AM
Yes you are right. I was already considering the same as sometimes i am very good listening to my body! Its hungry and fatigued and i specially noticed it on the first day of tdee!! Would go for 2 or maybe 3 weeks at tdee break. Thanx for your reply.
08-18-2017, 11:32 AM
Good choice on the TDEE break! We don't get to pick and choose which areas change first, but yes, you pictures show improvement, even though the tape and scale may differ. Plus changes may happen in areas not exactly measured. Some insights some measurements: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tips-on-measuring/

Tereza Toledobig grin lovestruck
Team EM2WL
Certified EM2WL Personal Trainer and Coach
Here is my journey: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tereza/
09-10-2017, 02:13 PM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2017 02:14 PM by ibtmas.)
Wow! Can't beleive did full 4 weeks of Tdee averaging 21-2200 per week. Worked out only 3x strength and 25-30 mins morning walks. Measurements are the same except the belly which shows half inch less in the morning before breakfast. weight fluctuated 2 to 3 lbs but mostly the same,clothes fit the same too. I am looking forward for the fifth cut from Monday but am too reluctant as i starve for food and cant think of cutting but when i see my pics i want to get rid of the extra fat! anyways am planning to go for a smaller 10% cut this time averaging around 1800-1900 cals per week for 6 weeks. Wish me luck!!
10-01-2017, 11:33 AM
Feeling so depressed. Finished three weeks of cut and i see no difference in my appearance or measurements since 2-3months. Sometimes the diet mentality gets on me and wants to take me back to my lower calories and rip the extra weight out of me in two months!!! but i am struggling to stay consistent with my intake and workouts , only if i would have seen some change/improvment in these 2 months i would have been motivated. Even if it was slow before there was a change but i an just maintaining during my cuts too Sad
10-01-2017, 04:34 PM
(10-01-2017 11:33 AM)ibtmas Wrote:  Feeling so depressed. Finished three weeks of cut and i see no difference in my appearance or measurements since 2-3months. Sometimes the diet mentality gets on me and wants to take me back to my lower calories and rip the extra weight out of me in two months!!! but i am struggling to stay consistent with my intake and workouts , only if i would have seen some change/improvment in these 2 months i would have been motivated. Even if it was slow before there was a change but i an just maintaining during my cuts too Sad

I feel your pain. I seem to stay within 2 pounds no matter what I do. I, too, and fighting off diet mentality. No answers, just sisterhood!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-02-2017, 02:03 AM
(10-01-2017 04:34 PM)sheilawrites Wrote:  
(10-01-2017 11:33 AM)ibtmas Wrote:  Feeling so depressed. Finished three weeks of cut and i see no difference in my appearance or measurements since 2-3months. Sometimes the diet mentality gets on me and wants to take me back to my lower calories and rip the extra weight out of me in two months!!! but i am struggling to stay consistent with my intake and workouts , only if i would have seen some change/improvment in these 2 months i would have been motivated. Even if it was slow before there was a change but i an just maintaining during my cuts too Sad

I feel your pain. I seem to stay within 2 pounds no matter what I do. I, too, and fighting off diet mentality. No answers, just sisterhood!

Thankyou Sheila xxx
10-02-2017, 08:21 AM
Those days when nothing seems to been moving and changing are though! Then comes the diet mentality and hits us saying that we are doing it all wrong and life sucks and we see someone else posting about how fast they are loosing weight by singly eating Skittles and drinking tea (I bet there's a diet like this out there, when I was a teen, high schoolers talked about the boiled egg and black coffee diet that would make you lose 2 lbs a day).

Again, be consistent, stay the course and have patience. We don't usually see the changes that are happening, even if they are obvious to others. It's ok to stop from time to time and check out what's happening. But usually either it is happening and we don't see it or we are not being as consistent as we could with the basics. Go back to the basics, see which one will cause the biggest impact and nail it. Maybe it's time to switch workouts around? Maybe time to try and move more through out the day? How's the protein going?

EM2WL is offering a free coaching call tomorrow at 7Pm. The info is on FB or maybe you've got an email about it. It's really worth to join, those calls are usually amazing and will give you a jolt of energy and inspiration!

Tereza Toledobig grin lovestruck
Team EM2WL
Certified EM2WL Personal Trainer and Coach
Here is my journey: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tereza/
10-02-2017, 03:39 PM
Thankyou Tereza. I have changed the workouts and have added hiit too. maybe i'm looking for results too soon. I have got the e mail about the calls have signed in too but 7pm there is 5:30 am. i'll try to make up that early to join in happy