Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Kelly's Journal
08-08-2017, 11:42 AM
RE: Kelly's Journal
Weekly Check-In
Weight: no real change other than water fluctuation (that I can see)
Daily average this week: 2300 (10% cut)
Average protein intake: 26% (woohoo) Most days I was actually right around 30% but I have one day under 20% that pulled me down.

I am finding that cutting is more of a challenge than I anticipated. This is week 2 and it's hard not to look for immediate results! I am so used to taking my calories so low I lose a couple of pounds a week. In the past on an one of my "diets" after the first 2 weeks I would've lost 6-7 lbs and here I am chugging along at "maybe" 0.5 pounds per week. It's hard to see the actual loss because at this level the water weight up and down hides it. I am hoping that I can see it at the end of my 6 weeks.

I keep second guessing my reset and thinking that maybe I am overestimating my TDEE (2550) and my 10% cut (2330) is not low enough to actually lose weight. At 2330 I am for sure not gaining weight, but maybe I need to cut to 2100 etc. But since I am a bit hungry at 2300, my body does seem to think I am indeed cutting LOL. So for 6 more weeks I will stay at 2300. At the end of 6 weeks I should be able to recalculate my TDEE based on how much weight I lose and how many calories I consumed. I am really hoping for 3 lbs down which will mean my TDEE is actually 2550 after all. Then I will get to go back up to 2550 and eat again at that level for 2 weeks! hehe

Kelly
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2017, 01:19 PM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2017 01:20 PM by Tereza Toledo.)
Great choice on sticking to 2300 for now. It is a matter of fine tuning until you find your sweet spot. I did a 4 week cut and saw no change in weight at all, but saw differences on how I look. Not losing any weight makes me happy because that means my TDEE stays the same angel Since My cut was not deep and I was changing workouts and going heavier, I know that I was carrying water (I could literally feel the day after swelling).

I'm taking a chill break and hopefully with get back to cut after we get back from a trip, at least to make sure that my protein is on point.

Stay consistent, sometimes it takes more than one cut to actually see change in numbers. Which doesn't mean nothing is happening, progress is still happening.

Tereza Toledobig grin lovestruck
Team EM2WL
Certified EM2WL Personal Trainer and Coach
Here is my journey: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tereza/
08-09-2017, 12:19 PM
I just get impatient for some results since I have about 40 ish lbs to lose and I am not doing heavy lifting - only body-weight and Martial Arts.

Thanks for the encouragement though - it helps!
08-09-2017, 12:32 PM
PS I love the pictures where people stay the same weight but get so much smaller - unfortunately I have a lot of fat to lose and can probably only gain 15ish more pounds in muscle. That still leave minimum of 25 lbs and I am figuring closer to 35 lbs since I am not doing heavy lifting (yet) have to address the shoulder issue first.
08-11-2017, 12:17 AM
We all get impatient for results. Its human nature. But focus on the small things and the rest comes in time.
I also love the same weight/different look picshappy

Kelly
Team EM2WL
Never Give Up.
08-11-2017, 09:18 AM
I finally lost a pound (which is exactly on target with .5 lb a week 10% cut) and trendweight.com is saying I am now burning more than I eat. This makes me happy because I am losing weight eating normal food (and icecream and morning cold brewed coffee hehe)... with just a little bit of a cut. My cut mainly comes from making healthier choices when I eat out and cutting out a morning snack which I discovered I don't really need. So 4 weeks and a weekend more of cutting then back to TDEE which will feel so good. Getting that protein level to 30% REALLY makes a huge difference for me in being hungry or tired. The only time I actually crave carbs now is after a workout - when I probably need them.

So all I have to say is YAY this works!! The whole 6 month reset was so worth it to lose weight while eating an average of 2300 cals a day. I feel like eating this way will finally allow me to get off the Yo-yo wagon and lose steadily and keep it off. No strange diet rules, no starving, just working out and eating real food. And working out is so much more fun when I actually have energy!

Kelly
08-12-2017, 12:51 PM
Funny isnt it? We fret and complain and get frustrated with all the time we send on reset, but then when the fruit of our labour comes out after, we realize just how worth it it really washappy
Glad things are going well!

Kelly
Team EM2WL
Never Give Up.
08-15-2017, 09:08 AM
Check in time

Week 3 of a 6 week cut.
TDEE: 2550
Goal 2350 calories

Fitbit TDEE last week: 2514
Average Cals per day: 2235 (right around 10% cut)

Other goals:
Log everything - DONE! woohoo that was a big thing for me.
Protein goal 30% - actual 28%

Weight loss since start of cut: somewhere between 1 and 2 lbs (weigh in is on Thursday)

Things went really well last week. I do find that I am hungry and wanting that morning snack back. Not having issues with evening binges like when I was dieting before, I just notice I am hungry when I wake up, hungry sooner after breakfast and really ready for dinner LOL.

All in all I feel like I can do this for 3 more weeks and it puts me on track for a 3 lb loss. Not much in the scheme of needing to lose 44, but a real victory in that I am pretty much eating what I want and I do not feel deprived of anything. So basically losing weight without "dieting" and I love it. If I can continue with 6 weeks cut 2 weeks TDEE in a year I will be halfway (or more) to my goal. I am not normally a patient person, but to be able to eat and lose weight - and then keep it off, I can have the patience for that!

On a different note, my husband and I have been wanting to run a PKSA (Tang Soo Do style karate) school, and that dream will soon be coming true! Goodbye desk job!! I will be the lead instructor running the school, my hubby will be finishing up the last 5 years of his current job then retiring and joining me. My 17 y/o daughter will be with us to take over in 10 or so years when we are ready to retire or move to a less active role.

It motivates me to try a 15% cut next cut cycle... :dizzy:
Kelly
08-17-2017, 08:34 AM
Weigh in results: Down about 3 lbs total over 3.5 weeks of 10% cut. Some may be water weight - but at the end of 6 weeks I will be able to pretty closely calculate my TDEE to go back to maintenance for a while.

On another note, I just discovered that for my Black Belt Test in February I need to:
1) take a 6+ hour test of my Karate skills - Basics, Forms(13 different forms in total), Self Defense, On step sparring, free sparring, Bo-Staff forms (3).
2) Then run one mile
3) Then do 60 of each - push-ups, sit-ups, squats

I can probably do half of number 2 and 3 right now - but not after 6 hours of karate. I am going to need to beef up my stamina and strength in the next few months.

The last black belt test I took - I was 30 years old, in good shape (about 20 lbs lighter than I am now) and was exhausted and dehydrated after a test that was about 6 hours long. And back then I didn't have to do number 2 and 3. Now I am 50. This is going to take some serious work.

Any suggestions?
08-18-2017, 11:45 AM
The best thing you can do is avoid any cut around the training and testing. Eat at TDEE, at least around it. Eat your carbs around the training times as well. Other than that, stay the course. I am pretty confident that you can do it! You may need to switch your workouts around so you can focus on the belt test, but that's ok.

Tereza Toledobig grin lovestruck
Team EM2WL
Certified EM2WL Personal Trainer and Coach
Here is my journey: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tereza/

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Adding a journal to help me in the aging.. never2late1952 5 5,181 04-23-2018 07:38 AM
Last Post: Tereza Toledo
  Anjacina's Journal Anjacina 11 8,835 03-23-2018 08:10 AM
  Yasmine's Journal Yas2 99 77,268 12-30-2017 11:07 AM
  Maggie's Journal MaggieG123 326 216,520 12-04-2017 12:38 PM
Last Post: MaggieG123
  JT's Journal jturner2 12 19,814 09-03-2017 08:15 PM
  Finally Teachertoo's journal teachertoo 40 35,428 04-17-2017 06:56 AM
Last Post: FionaSchipke
  Getting back to me... Toki's Journal Toki18 105 78,378 11-16-2016 05:52 PM