Kelly's Journal
08-22-2017, 10:31 AM
RE: Kelly's Journal
Check in time

Week 4 of a 6 week cut.
TDEE: 2550
Goal 2350 calories

Fitbit TDEE last week: 2514
Average Cals per day: 2175 (right around 15% cut)

Other goals:
Log everything - did it again - I think this may be a good habit I am forming.
Protein 30% - actual 28% (weekends are killing me I need to fix the weekend protein)

Weight loss since start of cut: as of today 3, lbs - real weigh in is on Thursday.

Things are still going well, however as of yesterday I am exhausted for my workouts, so I am going to move my calories back up to maintenance slowly this week. I am still really hungry and wanting that morning snack back. NSV, when I am hungry I want stuff with protein in it. Carbs are not my go-to anymore - protein is.

I hit my 3 lb loss goal for this cut and feeling so tired and laggy I want to go back up to TDEE and feel good again for a bit before I cut again. I may end up as a 4 week cut/1-2 week maintenance kind of person.

Karate school ownership is moving right along - should be in and starting out the middle of next month. When that happens I am going to either quit or go part time at my desk job so my TDEE will be going up just from getting rid of the sitting all day (woohoo more food hehe).

Kelly

Tereza, I am going to make sure I am eating full and maybe even extra on the week before and after. Cutting 15% this past week made working out very rough, I want to be in top nourishment for the test - that is for sure!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-28-2017, 09:48 AM
Weekly Update:
Maintenance week
Average TDEE per fitbit: 2595
Average Cals eaten: 2539
Avg Protein: 25%

I loved eating at TDEE again, not looking forward to cutting, but I do need to reach that fat loss goal somehow! I had a low protein average from family parties on Sat and Sun. Back to 10% cut today so goal is 2300 and not lower than 2150 (15%) for the next 4 weeks. Weigh in is Thursday - lot of water gain over the weekend so not counting today's weigh in. happy

Finally started some weight training this week on top of my karate workouts as well - that felt good too! Doing some limited upper body work ( due to torn rotator cuff), abs, and lot of legs. Hoping the leg work will help improve my forms and stamina too.
08-28-2017, 11:40 AM
Isn't it funny how when we start we just want to cut and cut and cut. Then, we wrap our minds around the idea of eating at TDEE and all. Then all of a sudden cutting becomes sooooooo dreaded! It creates such anxiety, it's unbelievable, even if the cut is way above what we ate in previous diets. Kiki always says that you are ready to cut when you actually don't think about cutting anymore.

Tereza Toledobig grin lovestruck
Team EM2WL
Certified EM2WL Personal Trainer and Coach
Here is my journey: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tereza/
08-29-2017, 08:58 AM
I must be ready then because it is torture to cut! I had a conversation about losing weight with my two aunts on Sunday and I started laughing when I said I have to go all the way down to 2150-2300 calories a day and I realized how awesome this way of eating is. Even a cut is way more than I used to think I could ever eat. happy My one aunt said she has to go down to 1400. I just told her about this group and left it at that - she is not one to ever listen to advice.

Kelly
08-29-2017, 09:17 AM
Yep, you may be there. It usually is time to cut when you don't really want to start to cut anymore.

Isn't it sad to hear someone saying that they need to eat 1400?! I remember being put in a 1200 calories when I was 16 just so I could drop 5 lbs. Dang, I don't think I was even done growing up! I starved, I felt bad, I binged, lost 3 lbs, regained and added more on top. But the mental damage was done, it set me up for over a decade of angst and feelings of defeat... And I could go on and on about how many times I went down the rabbit hole that the diet mentality offers.

Yes, this way of life is amazing lovestruck ! If you take your time, do your homework, apply it to your life, you can have the cake and eat it too! The DM has got to go!

Team EM2WL
09-12-2017, 02:02 PM
Weekly Update:
This week was pretty much a bust. I think I need to be on the 6 weeks on 2 weeks off plan, 4 weeks was not enough time for me to see a noticeable result, and 1 week felt like a teaser at TDEE and I was not able to stay at cut after only one week off (way too much water weight fluctuation too).

Back to the week 1 of 6 cut starting today. Going to consider last week a TDEE rest week (though honestly it was more like a over-TDEE rest week).

Is it possible to be effective at keeping metabolism up to cut 6 days and eat at TDEE for one? I was thinking that was something that might work for me. Not sure it is enough of a break to count for keeping up metabolism though. I defer to the experts on this one!

Kelly
09-12-2017, 09:15 PM
Kelly,

The answer lies on your weekly intake. Let's say you want to have one day with more calories. Find out your weekly TDEE (daily x 7) minus your cut. That's what you should eat the whole week. Eat more for one day and a little less on the others. If your weekly intake is close to that number, bam, your cut is on point.

You won't be "paying back" calories by eating less on the following day to compensate, you will just be planning your calories and following your cut. Same with macros, no need to be perfect every day as long as you hit your weekly macros.

Team EM2WL
09-18-2017, 02:43 PM
Thanks Tereza!

Possibly Related Threads...