Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anjacina's Journal
03-23-2017, 12:45 AM
Anjacina's Journal
Hello I don't really know what I'm doing but I'm trying to go through this the best way I understand it.
I'm 46yrs, 5'3" (63"), 251lbs and I said moderate exercise on the calculator. I actually run 3x's per week on average. 2 three mile runs and one long run once per week, about eight miles. I enjoy running but I'll be switching my cardio in July to prep for hiking. My last race will be in July.

My TDEE as calculated is 2824. I'm doing the reset. I've been eating my BMR for about 5 years consistently with no loss or gain. About 1820 or so. I've been more active than not in that time probably on the strenuous side, starving the whole time, and not losing weight. I have been trying to get my calorie up there but that's really scary so I'm working my way there nice and slow. I've been at 2200 for 8 weeks and just started eating 2500 for the last 2 weeks. I have gained and lost the same 4 lbs over this time so I'm figuring that's my +or- and I don't worry about it. I'm trying to trust the process.

Right now I want to focus on strength training and hitting the protein target. That part of the gym causes me stress inflicted by myself. I'm so lost but I know what to do. I just need to get out of my head and out of my way. On the food front, I went a bit hog with all the wonderful additional calories but didn't fit the macros. I think it's out of my system and I'm ready to put in that focus on the protein.

So I guess I just write my thoughts here and keep track of my numbers so I can see the data. I like data. Glad to have found this wonderful community.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-23-2017, 08:21 AM
RE: Anjacina's Journal
Welcome! I think you'll find everyone here is very welcoming and helpful!
03-23-2017, 09:57 AM
Welcome! Sounds like you are doing great so far. I am amazed by how much I can eat and not gain real weight I have a +3- lbs that is my +or- so I know what you mean there! Keep at it and keep us updated. Nothing I love more than reading other peoples stories and journeys.

Kelly
03-23-2017, 10:43 AM
Anjacina, welcome! Looks like you have been doing great progress. First you tackled the calories, which is a very scary step to take and then you moved to protein (baby steps, change one thing of a time will give you the highest success rate). Also by increasing slowly you are helping your body avoid side effects from all the not eating enough from the past. Bravo!

Getting in the man cave can be scary, but trust me on this, once you make your way in, you will feel like you belong and will never look back! You will see strength and stamina gains from eating more.

As hard as it can be, ignore the scale. If you are using it, make sure it is only for data and information purposes, keep your focus on strength. You will need strength and energy for your upcoming hike, right?

Tereza Toledobig grin lovestruck
Team EM2WL
Certified EM2WL Personal Trainer and Coach
Here is my journey: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tereza/
02-14-2018, 03:09 PM
New update - Falling and getting back up
I've decided to come back. About a year ago I started listening/watching Kiki's YouTube videos and was all about jumping in and getting going. I was running a few races then so I overthought everything and waited until the most perfect moment, the most perfect exercise, the most perfect me to get *started* on this journey. I learned a lot but I made it harder because I wasn't sure I heard it *right*. So I listened more and more to make sure, for certain, I heard it right. I've calculated my TDEE on a few different calculators and a few different times. I even wrote it out and used math from elementary school.
In the end, I did nothing but I ate. No weights, no cardio, no bunch of nothing. I ran my races with poor training, I did a stint of Starting Strength for 2 months and dropped it because I'm lazy. I have no idea if I actually upped my calories or lowered them. I didn't keep track and I just kept eating.
Yesterday I went to a weight loss doctor at the request of my general dr because I didn't want her to think I wasn't paying attention or wasn't being realistic about the situation. I gained back the 20 lbs I lost in 2 years from training for half marathons and Ragnars. So, we had to talk about the elephant in the room.
That weight loss Dr. told me to eat 1200 cals per day by going on a plan that my medical group offers which means I drink 3 shakes and 2 bars per day plus the addition of fruits and vegetables. I asked him about my training...I still want to run my Ragnar and half marathon and hike Machu Picchu in July? He told me I would still be able to train with that much fuel and in fact, there are others who are in his program that have done it on less! I was gobsmacked! I couldn't believe what he was telling me. It literally contradicts every video, every email, every article that I've read on the em2wl site and forums!
So I'm here now as a recommitment. A reconfirmation to this program. I'm going to lift my weights 3 days a week, run my hiit training for races 2 days per week and track my calories so I can get a grip on what I eat and how I can make it more protein and fiber efficient. I know what to do and how to start, I just needed my green flag waving in front of me. There's a reason why I love the Olympics, it's such a great motivation for me...
02-14-2018, 08:53 PM
Hi Anjacina, Great you are back and recommitted and have really good goals. Remember not to beat yourself up if you have a less than optimal week.

I just looked up Ragnar - wow that is huge - what are they like to do?

Hiking to Machu Picchu in July sounds wonderful - what an experience. It is actually one of our goals to do one day.

The half marathon sounds like a walk in the park compared to those two!!

Anyway just want to welcome you and cheer you on :-)
02-15-2018, 10:29 AM
Welcome back!

Ouch, he truly expects you to eat 1200 (as much as a toddler should eat) while training for you Ragnar? He is completely out of his mind! Interesting that it involves shakes, eh? Shakes that will end up filling someone’s pocket... I also happy that you realized how messed up this was and came back here!

I love your liftingand training plan and I know you will succeed! Stick around with like minded folks, lean on us for support and accountability! We are here for you!

Team EM2WL
02-16-2018, 02:32 PM
Thank you for your kind replies!

Yes! I. Will. Not. Beat. Myself. Up. When. I. Fail. I need to repeat this and often! I appreciate your feedback!

(02-14-2018 08:53 PM)FionaSchipke Wrote:  Hi Anjacina, Great you are back and recommitted and have really good goals. Remember not to beat yourself up if you have a less than optimal week.

I just looked up Ragnar - wow that is huge - what are they like to do?

Hiking to Machu Picchu in July sounds wonderful - what an experience. It is actually one of our goals to do one day.

The half marathon sounds like a walk in the park compared to those two!!

Anyway just want to welcome you and cheer you on :-)

A Ragnar is 12 people over 2 days and each person runs 3 legs. By the time you are done you have all run about 200 miles + or -. So each person over a 2 day period will run between 13 miles to 25 miles. I'm more of a 13 miler! It's a fun time with my good friends and we create good memories and motivate each other. Or else why run?!

Thank you, Tereza too for looking over my plan. It's helpful to have encouragement!
02-16-2018, 02:47 PM
I'm trying to get on the strength train (choo choo!) right now. The thing that is holding me back is timing. Do I wake up at 3:45 am to get myself to the gym so I can get a rack to myself or go after work and not sacrifice sleep? I gave myself an anxiety attack this morning at 2 am because I really didn't want to get up and go, so I had a minor panic attack in bed and later fell asleep at 4 am to wake up at 6 am. I don't know why I'm making this harder than it already is? I can't go during the day because of work so I'd rather go after work. I think I just needed to type this out and tell another person so I can just bite the bullet and go. I've been able to try it both ways and be consistent with each, like for 2 weeks, but I'm just really stuck on not wanting to wake up so early. I think I don't want to give myself permission to go after work, like morning workouts are better, etc. But I don't want to wake up that early!! ok, I get it, I'm whining. But this is a real journal so that's what I get to do. So I will try out the evening workout and make plans if I have conflicts...If it doesn't work towards consistency then I need to get up early and go...I still won't want to but them is the berries... /rant.
02-16-2018, 11:23 PM
The best time to do a workout is the time that you can consistently workout. Waking up so early wouldn’t work for me, as much as I like to get my workout in the morning. Try after work, see how it feels. You may end up liking it.

Wow, a Ragnar seems to be a lot of fun! Can’t wait to hear more about it!

Team EM2WL

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Adding a journal to help me in the aging.. never2late1952 5 1,063 04-23-2018 07:38 AM
Last Post: Tereza Toledo
  Kelly's Journal kcmsmith0405 73 23,746 01-31-2018 02:21 PM
  Yasmine's Journal Yas2 99 41,778 12-30-2017 11:07 AM
  Maggie's Journal MaggieG123 326 116,844 12-04-2017 12:38 PM
Last Post: MaggieG123
  JT's Journal jturner2 12 3,888 09-03-2017 08:15 PM
  Finally Teachertoo's journal teachertoo 40 20,349 04-17-2017 06:56 AM
Last Post: FionaSchipke
  Getting back to me... Toki's Journal Toki18 105 43,292 11-16-2016 05:52 PM