Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fueling Life
04-04-2017, 01:00 AM
RE: Fueling Life
Thank you Sunshine!! It's such a mental game. It's not that different from before, it just feels that way because it's untested waters. Hope your reset is going well!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2017, 09:08 AM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2017 09:08 AM by Sunshine44.)
I knowwwww...
My reset is going pretty well Jules! I'm noticing that my face looks a bit more chubby and that scares me... still haven't weighed yet nail biting But I'm just going to ride it out and see where it goes! I was wondering... how do you count your calories? I don't want to get to strict with myself, but I've been just estimating and I feel like I need more structure lol. Have any tips?
04-05-2017, 02:52 AM
(04-04-2017 09:08 AM)Sunshine44 Wrote:  I knowwwww...
My reset is going pretty well Jules! I'm noticing that my face looks a bit more chubby and that scares me... still haven't weighed yet nail biting But I'm just going to ride it out and see where it goes! I was wondering... how do you count your calories? I don't want to get to strict with myself, but I've been just estimating and I feel like I need more structure lol. Have any tips?

Oh, I know that thing with your face getting fuller lol! Sometimes I'm convinced my face is bloated because of all the food. But when I look in the mirror it actually isn't that bad. Are you drinking enough water? I think once our bodies get used to the food amount the puffyness will go away abit. Also, I find that after I sweat a ton during exercise I feel less puffy as well.

Well, counting calories will really depend on your mindset - there was a time when it was definitely detrimental to my mental state (like you said, being strict and obsessive!). I feel comfortable counting them now (because I'm using it as a tool to take care of myself rather than inflict damage!) but I'm sure you'd do fine on eating intuitively too! That is the ultimate goal anyway.

That being said, I count on the my fitness pal phone app. it's free, and it's great to plan my day to reach my macro and micronutrient goals. I'm vegan and prefer to keep an eye on protein, calcium, iron, etc. Because I eat most of my food when I'm away from home, I pack everything the night before and log then. then I don't need to think about it during the day (this has helped me reduce the amount of time I think about food) and I definitely reach the nutrient targets.

You're a student, right? So I imagine it might be hard if you're eating at the dining hall or going out often :/
04-05-2017, 09:39 AM
My fitness pal girl here too. I'm Tereza Toledo there as well.

As annoying as logging calories is, it is highly recommended during a reset phase. When you are on a chill phase, there's no need to log or count macros, but it is important during a reset. As your body adjusts to a higher caloric level, you will see some changes and puffiness. Perfectly expected and something that everntually goes down. Some of it may be our mind playing games as well, part of the old dieting mentality.

A reset is one of the hardest phases of EM2WL, but also one of the most important, the one that actually heals our metabolism and relationship with food.

Tereza Toledobig grin lovestruck
Team EM2WL
Certified EM2WL Personal Trainer and Coach
Here is my journey: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tereza/
04-05-2017, 09:41 AM
Love MFP!
04-06-2017, 02:29 AM
I'm still bouncing around 56-57 kg at 2100 kcal, though it is too early to tell. I should take measurements again.

Workouts have been awesome! I feel like I flew in my run on Tuesday and grinning all the way. Strength has been going up steadily as well. Finally hit 6 pullups that already felt solid and not ugly, haha.

Hope everyone is doing well as well!
04-06-2017, 08:31 AM
Jules, 6 pull-ups is a huge achievement! Wtg!

Tereza Toledobig grin lovestruck
Team EM2WL
Certified EM2WL Personal Trainer and Coach
Here is my journey: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tereza/
04-06-2017, 02:01 PM
That is awesome Jules... I noticed a HUGE difference in my workouts too. Keep up the great work!
04-07-2017, 02:27 AM
Thanks for the encouragement ladies!
04-07-2017, 09:30 AM
Back squats today got up to 64 kg x 5 x 2 (140 lbs!), so that is super exciting as well. I've been hesitant to go over 60 kg lately and I just need to DO it and not overthink.

How many warm up sets do you guys do for squats? I work my way up to my work set(eg, 40 kg, 50 kg, 60 kg, then 64 kg in this case) and I wonder if I'm expending too much effort on lifting the lighter weights than lifting my work sets...

Going to the gym over lunch has been a fantastic way to break up the day and have something to look forward to! Work has been very dull so sweating in the gym is such a pleasure.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Improving my quality of life... zanyzana66 92 9,466 05-14-2017 09:37 PM
Last Post: FionaSchipke
Information LIFE... is my style! Let's do this!!! Saggy76 47 5,558 03-29-2016 10:16 AM
Last Post: KatiAuchinleck
  Raynn's Journey to a Healthier Life Raynn 18 10,690 07-17-2013 03:08 PM
Last Post: Kiki