Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fueling Life
04-12-2017, 08:01 AM
RE: Fueling Life
Yay for endorphines! We all have pudgy feeling days, days when we are holding more water or just plain feeling like that. Perfectly normal!

Tereza Toledobig grin lovestruck
Team EM2WL
Certified EM2WL Personal Trainer and Coach
Here is my journey: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tereza/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2017, 10:27 AM
You're right Tereza. I also haven't been sleeping enough, so I need to step on that.

Work has been so slow (My project is dependent on some other people and they haven't given me their data yet, so I'm twiddling my thumbs). I do tend to reach for food when I'm terribly bored, which is a habit I'm trying to break. Thankfully I'm usually not this bored!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

04-12-2017, 05:05 PM
Jules I can TOTALLY relate with your pudgy feeling....so you're definitely not alone! Also, when I get bored, one of my first thoughts is FOOD. Haha so you're not alone with trying to break that habit either happy You got this girl!
04-18-2017, 04:31 AM
Sunshine, I think it just takes practice to break the bored munching habit. I've been a lot better since not restricting, but the thought patterns ('I'm bored...lets grab a cup of coffee') are still there.
One step after another, right? wink

No exciting updates this week:
Week 1: Avg Cals 1857, 56.0 kg
Week 2: Avg Cals 1812, 56.4 kg
Week 3: didn't track
Week 4: Avg Cals 1785, 56.1 kg
Week 5: Avg Cals 1910, 56.4 kg
Week 6: Avg Cals 2070, 56.6 kg
Week 7: Avg Cals 1942, 56.9 kg
Week 8: Avg Cals 2035, 56.4 kg
Week 9: Avg Cals 2128, 56.7 kg
Week 10: Avg Cals 2121, 56.7 kg

So I guess I'm going up to 2200 cals this week (probably for 2 weeks again). Yay, more food! happy
04-18-2017, 04:42 AM
Wait, I do have one exciting thing to share big grinbig grin
I got some inov-8 fastlifts! I'm super pumped to try them out today.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

04-18-2017, 05:41 AM
Hey Jules,

You are really doing this resetting amazing smoothly!! No weight gain! And up to 2200 now. Go girl! :-)
04-18-2017, 07:46 AM (This post was last modified: 04-18-2017 07:48 AM by Jules.)
Thanks Fiona! I'm very happy up to now.
I'm actually 15 kg up from my lowest weight during anorexia (4 years ago), but I'm still lower than my highest when I was binging/restricting. And mentally I feel really good and confident. And eating 500-700 kcal more than when I was b/r-ing lol.
I'm very happy that I decided to try em2wl!
04-18-2017, 09:13 AM
Jules, your weight seems to be pretty even, just fluctuations. Yay for 2200!
How do you like you new lifting shoes? I've been lifting barefoot (one of the perks of lifting at home, along with working out in my pj's), but think about trying new shoes.

Team EM2WL
04-18-2017, 10:28 AM (This post was last modified: 04-18-2017 10:29 AM by Jules.)
Tereza, it's almost too early to say, but I liked them a lot in my training session today. I like lifting barefoot too! I feel like it trains collateral bands and stabilizers to a higher degree. Barefoot isdefinitely not allowed in the gym I'm currently at though.

I often 'fidget' with my feet inbetween a rep while squatting because I don't feel 'screwed to the ground', so I really wanted to try out shoes to see if it makes a difference.
I got these shoes because they are recommended in online lifting forums, are affordable and you can still walk in them (that's why they're called fastlifts, as you can still do a box jump or some bodyweight stuff in them, and aren't just for squats). And I loved their design and color lol (plus, they're vegan).
I didn't feel the need to fidget during squats when wearing them today and felt stable. Once I unracked and did my 2 steps back I felt settled and ready to get into the hole, where normally I'll play around with my foot setting a lot more before finally squatting. I regularly hit depth without them, but the elevated heel is supposed to help with that too. I also wore them while deadlifting (I've read up on it, and you'll find different opinions if it's contraproductive or not...but I am NOT taking 2 pairs of shoes to the gym lol, and barefoot isn't allowed) and felt very comfortable.
I don't know if I can recommend it or not yet, but I'm sure once I've worn them a few weeks I will get a better feel for them happy hope that helps!
04-18-2017, 11:45 AM
Jules, keep updating on the shoes. Barefoot and flip-flop in between sets is the norm in my gym laughing
I hate to put shoes on for lunges and raises...

Team EM2WL

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Improving my quality of life... zanyzana66 93 11,866 06-16-2017 07:27 PM
Last Post: zanyzana66
Information LIFE... is my style! Let's do this!!! Saggy76 47 6,295 03-29-2016 10:16 AM
Last Post: KatiAuchinleck
  Raynn's Journey to a Healthier Life Raynn 18 11,235 07-17-2013 03:08 PM
Last Post: Kiki