Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fueling Life
04-19-2017, 10:45 AM
RE: Fueling Life
Haha will do Tereza.

I'm hungry for these 2200 kcals, which is pleasant. I'm still trying to figure out my 'routine' with how I want to spread out my calories...I tend to eat too much for breakfast (actually, just eating all my snacks I brough with me right after breakfast lol), having a middle sized lunch, no snack in the afternoon, a light dinner and a relatively large dessert. I need to figure out how to have a large breakfast without being too full lol.
Sorry for rambling!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-19-2017, 04:12 PM (This post was last modified: 04-19-2017 04:14 PM by kcmsmith0405.)
Hi Jules,

I was having the same issue with too much food for breakfast! I experimented with some different foods (breakfast sandwiches of any kind make me more hungry!) I ended up doing protein yogurt, 1/2 c whole milk, 1 c Plain Greek high protein yogurt, 2 scoops Chocolate Protein Powder (I currently use Arbonne) and 1.5 cups of fresh or frozen strawberries (or other berries). I added the milk because with just the yogurt it was thick like paste and I couldn't get it all down LOL. This way its closer to a chocolate mousse consistency and I have grown addicted to it. I even eat this on weekends (when I don't need to because my breakfast is much later and I don't need a morning snack).

Its about 400 ish calories but it is a LOT of food - (like 3.5 cups) and keeps me really full - it helped me cut down on the too early morning snack as well. This week I discovered I can make it easily to lunch with no other food (as long as I am busy - darn boredom eating) - though sometimes I do have some coffee as a late morning snack.
04-19-2017, 05:08 PM
(04-19-2017 10:45 AM)Jules Wrote:  Haha will do Tereza.

I'm hungry for these 2200 kcals, which is pleasant. I'm still trying to figure out my 'routine' with how I want to spread out my calories...I tend to eat too much for breakfast (actually, just eating all my snacks I brough with me right after breakfast lol), having a middle sized lunch, no snack in the afternoon, a light dinner and a relatively large dessert. I need to figure out how to have a large breakfast without being too full lol.
Sorry for rambling!

Jules I am having the SAME problem!! No kidding yesterday I had a 1,000 calorie breakfast full of protein and good things, but I was still starving. I ate all of the snacks that I brought for school and then... I'm left with nothing lol. It's amazing how I used to be fine eating so little, but no I'm pushing 2,400 calories everyday and eat every single crumb. KINDA SCARY, but wonderful, but scary raised eyebrows
04-19-2017, 05:40 PM
(04-19-2017 05:08 PM)Sunshine44 Wrote:  
(04-19-2017 10:45 AM)Jules Wrote:  Haha will do Tereza.

Sorry for rambling!

Jules I am having the SAME problem!! No kidding yesterday I had a 1,000 calorie breakfast full of protein and good things, but I was still starving. I ate all of the snacks that I brought for school and then... I'm left with nothing lol. It's amazing how I used to be fine eating so little, but no I'm pushing 2,400 calories everyday and eat every single crumb. KINDA SCARY, but wonderful, but scary raised eyebrows

I wonder if this is just the stage where you are extra hungry. It may settle down in a few days?? At the moment I am having around 700 cals for breakfast - protein around 48gms and the rest a split between fat and carbs. But some days I have had a lot more - and still been hungry!!
04-20-2017, 05:10 AM
Oh man, sounds like I'm not alone in eating too much for breakfast!
Thanks for the tip Kelly. Sounds like a lot of protein and volume! Do you get enough fiber from that breakfast?
I usually eat oatmeal with protein powder / peanut flour / wheat germ and fruit for breakfast, and then snack on hemp bread. This adds up to 700-1000 kcal(50-70 g P, 15 F and 25 g fiber) before lunch, and feeling a bit too full. I then workout and eat a 400 kcal lunch afterwards (which I'm then hungry for). I don't know, it feels like I'm teeter tottering in the mornings and going overboard. Maybe I'm overanalyzing.
Fiona, what do you usually eat for breakfast?
04-20-2017, 07:18 AM
(04-20-2017 05:10 AM)Jules Wrote:  Oh man, sounds like I'm not alone in eating too much for breakfast!
Thanks for the tip Kelly. Sounds like a lot of protein and volume! Do you get enough fiber from that breakfast?
I usually eat oatmeal with protein powder / peanut flour / wheat germ and fruit for breakfast, and then snack on hemp bread. This adds up to 700-1000 kcal(50-70 g P, 15 F and 25 g fiber) before lunch, and feeling a bit too full. I then workout and eat a 400 kcal lunch afterwards (which I'm then hungry for). I don't know, it feels like I'm teeter tottering in the mornings and going overboard. Maybe I'm overanalyzing.
Fiona, what do you usually eat for breakfast?

That sounds like a good breakfast :-) ... with a lunch of only around 400 cals that isn't too bad - it adds up to around 1100 to 1400 cals which leaves quite a bit for a snack and then dinner.

At the moment my breakfast is sort of like a dinner - I have around a cup of rice and 150gms of cooked lamb or chicken with some vegetables. I usually have it ready in the fridge and warm it up. Sometimes I add some chopped garlic and olive oil. It is Autumn in Australia so perfect for a cooler morning breakfast.
04-20-2017, 10:19 AM
As for fiber - I don't worry about Fiber for breakfast - my Fiber goal is 30g/day and I find I usually get that with the grains, nuts, fruits and veggies I eat, if I am low for the day I eat a Quest bar for my afternoon snack (12-14g fiber). I find that staying away from the breads and grains for breakfast helps me be full longer in the morning (no idea why - it may be the protein and dairy takes longer to digest?). I guess I reverse what you do in the morning (My lunch is usual around 700). My workouts are always in the evening though so that may make a difference too, I try and leave 1200 cals for afternoon snack and evening meal.
04-21-2017, 05:17 AM (This post was last modified: 04-21-2017 05:19 AM by Jules.)
Very interesting Kelly, that definitely shows how individual we are with our routine (and that I shouldn't stress about 'perfecting' my eating habits laughing ). For example, I eat 50-60 g fiber a day!
I may need to try out leaving out grains for breakfast to keep full like you say. Other things that I have noticed are if I back off fruits, say 1-2 fruits a days, rather than 3-5 a day, and get the rest of my carbs from more complex sources that I feel fuller for the same amount of calories.
Seeing as I have so many calories to play with, I'm trying to tinker with what works best for me at the moment...

Fiona, it seems like such a good idea to get vegetables in for breakfast. I'm having a difficult time parting from a sweet breakfast though happy And I want to eat my food, so smoothies don't sound very appealing...
04-21-2017, 08:06 AM
I have veggies, protein, fruit, some carbs in a sweet breakfast. I used to make me a daily omelet with tons of veggies, but it was time consuming and I craved something sweet, so I came up with a waffle/pancake/cake mix. The mix can be cooked in the oven, waffle maker or stove top. Oven is easier, one brownie pan for 4 servings. I double the recipe and make 4 servings twice a week. Freeze it and have it for breakfast everyday. Sometimes I tweak the ingredients to use seasonal items.
https://cathe.com/healthy-recipe-green-protein-waffles

The cookies are also a good option:
https://cathe.com/healthy-recipe-blueber...eal-cookie

Tereza Toledobig grin lovestruck
Team EM2WL
Certified EM2WL Personal Trainer and Coach
Here is my journey: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tereza/
04-24-2017, 03:24 AM
Thats a great idea Tereza, thanks! I added spinach to my pancake recipe yesterday and it was delicious.
And green pancakes are awesome laughing

I weighed in at 56.7 kg again this morning after a week of 2200...lol at this point I wonder if the scale is broken because it's been spitting out 56.7 kg for ages. But holding steady sounds good to me, I'll take it happy

Week 1: Avg Cals 1857, 56.0 kg
Week 2: Avg Cals 1812, 56.4 kg
Week 3: didn't track
Week 4: Avg Cals 1785, 56.1 kg
Week 5: Avg Cals 1910, 56.4 kg
Week 6: Avg Cals 2070, 56.6 kg
Week 7: Avg Cals 1942, 56.9 kg
Week 8: Avg Cals 2035, 56.4 kg
Week 9: Avg Cals 2128, 56.7 kg
Week 10: Avg Cals 2121, 56.7 kg
Week 11: Avg Cals 2207, 56.7 kg

This week I'll stick to 2200 cal again to get comfortable at this intake. This is taking longer than I thought (I think it does for everyone laughing) but I'm enjoying the journey so far and I'm not in a hurry for once!
I'm also loving the extra fuel for workouts and I feel like I recover from workouts a lot faster than on lower calories. So nice to be doing good things for my body!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Improving my quality of life... zanyzana66 92 9,466 05-14-2017 09:37 PM
Last Post: FionaSchipke
Information LIFE... is my style! Let's do this!!! Saggy76 47 5,558 03-29-2016 10:16 AM
Last Post: KatiAuchinleck
  Raynn's Journey to a Healthier Life Raynn 18 10,690 07-17-2013 03:08 PM
Last Post: Kiki