Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fueling Life
07-06-2017, 10:14 AM
RE: Fueling Life
Hey everyone,

I'm still resetting, my data is boringly steady so I haven't been updating much.
I've reset for 13 weeks now, and I'm on my 14th week. The averages over the past 13 weeks have been 2175 kcals, a BW of 56,9 kg and exercise of 5 hours a week, all with barely any fluctuations.
Lifting is fun, but I do feel like I'm stalling. I seem to have run into a sticky spot with my squat (70 kg x 5 is still HARD and I failed in my second set yesterday), so I'm hoping more pause squats, goblet squats, front squats etc will help. I feel like my balance is too far forward when squating the 70 kg, and I'm trying to practice my 3rd world squat as that is the advice you find online. Maybe it is simply too heavy.
My row is going up though (yay!), yesterday I hit 42 kg x 8 x 3.
I'm still running and biking as well, and loving it. happy I need to pay more attention to when I do my long runs, and it is often the day before I would like to squat heavy. Obviously running long distances will impede my strength, but somehow I find it difficult to coordinate lol.
The practical, hectic portion of my trial (doctorate related) is over at the end of July. So starting at the beginning of August, when I have less stress, I'll probably start a cut.This would put my reset at around 16-18 weeks, which I think will be enough from what I've read.
Of course, a lot of you understand that I'm loathe to eat ONLY 1800 kcals big grinD We'll see have I deal wink
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-18-2017, 08:40 AM
Hello, sorry for not posting in a while!
I reset for about 17 weeks and then tried at cut at 1850-1900 kcal and didn't really lose during the 5 weeks. It was stressful eating at a lower calorie amount. Since then I've gone back to maintenance for 2 weeks, and haven't tracked for the last 2 weeks.
It actually feels good to not track!
It has been ages, literally, since I have not tracked for more than a week at a time. Usually I can't stand not knowing how my macros are, if I hit my protein etc. But I'm really enjoying this break from tracking, and I think my body is too. I've definitely been eating enough, and it's been averaging 56,2-56,1 kg for the past 4-5 weeks of being back at maintenance.

Looking at that paragraph, I'm incredibly happy that I've achieved something that I sought to do with this reset. I've reset my mindset. I'm currently eating what I want, whenever I want, and I'm okay with my weight. I'm not obsessive anymore, and I'm comfortable in my skin. I don't have a constant nag in the back of my mind to either restrict, or binge.
Sure, losing some fat would be okay, but I'm at a healthy weight, and I think my body just wants to sit at this high calorie maintenance, and this weight for now. And I'm okay with that.

Thank you EM2WL for the support and for being a such a great platform for becoming balanced in mind and body!
09-18-2017, 09:42 AM
OMG, Jules!!!!!

Your post just gave me goosebumps! I cannot even tell you how happy you made me. This is what we talk about, being free and happy where you are! That doesn't mean you don't want things to change and improve, but that is the perfect starting point!!!! You just crossed a huge bridge (make sure to burn it and never look back!).

Thank you so much for sharing this. Would you mind if we share it with the fam?

And, I don't know if you seen it yet, but there's a 5 day free Crush the Diet Bootcamp starting this Wednesday, make sure to join: http://www.crushthediet.com . You can do watch the vids at your own time. Trust me, it will be amazing!

Tereza Toledobig grin lovestruck
Team EM2WL
Certified EM2WL Personal Trainer and Coach
Here is my journey: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tereza/

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Improving my quality of life... zanyzana66 96 15,961 09-08-2017 07:50 PM
Last Post: FionaSchipke
Information LIFE... is my style! Let's do this!!! Saggy76 47 8,149 03-29-2016 10:16 AM
Last Post: KatiAuchinleck
  Raynn's Journey to a Healthier Life Raynn 18 12,243 07-17-2013 03:08 PM
Last Post: Kiki