Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Joy In The Journey
03-30-2017, 06:48 PM
RE: Joy In The Journey
This article talks about taking measurements: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tips-on-measuring/

Tereza Toledobig grin lovestruck
Team EM2WL
Certified EM2WL Personal Trainer and Coach
Here is my journey: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tereza/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-30-2017, 11:06 PM
(03-30-2017 06:48 PM)Tereza Toledo Wrote:  This article talks about taking measurements: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tips-on-measuring/

Thank you Tereza!!
03-31-2017, 10:36 PM
Well, it's been another week! I averaged about 1,800-2,000 calories throughout. Haven't stepped on the scale yet cuz it's almost my TOM and I thought I might wait until after that ya know? happy Anyway, I feel great and so much more happy! A couple months ago, I would almost dread the end of each day knowing that to feel "successful" I must go to bed hungry. Now I go to bed feeling satisfied and look forward to waking up cuz I get to EAT!

Also, I did some weight training this morning and all day it felt like my muscles were burning....it felt gooooood. Definitely going to do that more often!

This week, I'm going to work on 6 meals a day. I tend to just pick a little of this and a little of that all day long. It's hard to count calories when I'm constantly estimating! So, yeah, maybe keep it in the 1,900 range too. The EM2WL calculator says my TDEE is: 2217 for moderate, BMR is: 1430. Getting close to that TDEE!! Crazy to think I used to pride myself on eating 800 calories in a day LOL
04-01-2017, 12:29 PM
I'm loving your progress and attitude! Now, eventually you may not feel so good about the process. Enjoy this time that you are feeling good about it and plan on how you will do it on the days that you don't feel so well. The diet mentality can be tricky and pretty much lurks and sneak in sometimes, and that is perfectly normal.

Don't freak out if eventually, after eating all your TDEE cals, you still feel hungry, specially after a good lifting day. Also perfectly normal and expected. Some days you may feel hungrier, some days less hungry and that totally fine and predictable. It's included on what to expected from resets in the EM2WL starter kit.

I am so thrilled about your progress and much better you feel, I just want to prep you for other possible effects and feelng. You are doing amazing!

Team EM2WL
04-03-2017, 02:27 AM
Tereza, if you're still hungry after eating all your TDEE kcals, would you eat more?

Sunshine, it sounds like you're doing so well. It's so liberating to go to bed satisfied (and not dread doubled hunger in the morning)!
04-03-2017, 09:56 AM
One of my rules is not to go to bed hungry, so if I'm still hungry, I will eat more. Usually I'll choose something that fits my macros or eat something high in protein. I do not compensate by eating less or exercising more on the next day, I just move on normally. More fuel for my lifts wink

There will be some days when you will be hungrier, specially after a good lifting day. The same way that some days you may feel a little less hungry.

Team EM2WL
04-04-2017, 10:49 AM
Ok guys... today I need some encouragement! I woke up feeling completely bloaded (I looked at myself in the mirror and it literally looks like I'm pregnant lol) and my face looks chubby. I'm so scared. Over the weekend I ate about 2,200 which is probably too much of an adjustment for my body. It's just ever since starting this increasing calories thing I can't seem to stop eating even when I'm full!! Crazy... Anyway, yeah, any advice would be GREATLY appreciated! I have a research paper to write today and I'm constantly distracted by this nagging "you've for sure gained weight and you look chubby" saying going round and round in my head. Even my mom noticed that I gained a little weight. She's on weight watchers and said I could always do that if this "experiment" doesn't work for me. I don't know what to do or how much I should eat today (thinking about going back down to 1,700-1,800?) and I can't stand the feeling of having to hold my stomach in all day. Love you guys and thanks for listening happy
04-04-2017, 11:20 AM
Hi sunshine
I know exactly how you feel about the bloating! I have this now for more than a year. I think it's because I restricted a long time and my body wasn't used to that amount of food anymore. I feel some improvement since summer. But there are still days were it's very bad. Sometimes it's for more days and sometimes the bloating comes just in the evening and the next day it's fine again. But what I think helped me was taking some kind of bacteria, it's called CombiFlora. I don't know if it's only available in Switzerland..
But I think you shouldn't go back with your calories because of that. Maybe you're holding on to water weight because of your period being close? I would go on eating 2200 and see what happens the next week or so.
04-04-2017, 11:42 AM
(04-04-2017 10:49 AM)Sunshine44 Wrote:  Ok guys... today I need some encouragement! I woke up feeling completely bloaded (I looked at myself in the mirror and it literally looks like I'm pregnant lol) and my face looks chubby. I'm so scared. Over the weekend I ate about 2,200 which is probably too much of an adjustment for my body. It's just ever since starting this increasing calories thing I can't seem to stop eating even when I'm full!! Crazy... Anyway, yeah, any advice would be GREATLY appreciated! I have a research paper to write today and I'm constantly distracted by this nagging "you've for sure gained weight and you look chubby" saying going round and round in my head. Even my mom noticed that I gained a little weight. She's on weight watchers and said I could always do that if this "experiment" doesn't work for me. I don't know what to do or how much I should eat today (thinking about going back down to 1,700-1,800?) and I can't stand the feeling of having to hold my stomach in all day. Love you guys and thanks for listening happy

Hi Sunshine - what you are describing is water weight. So hang in there it will go away. As for the not being able to stop eating thing... I went through that too. It was scary - here I am eating more and it never felt like enough. That lasted for a few weeks then one day BOOM - my appetite simply died and eating as much as I had been eating the previous weeks was HARD. In fact it was so hard to continue eating at that level that it made me sick to even think about eating so much. After a week of forcing myself to eat all my calories (and about 3 lbs of gain) I found that I had gone over my TDEE. So fast forward another week to now and I have noticed my body wants to eat right around my TDEE. If I go over it I get nauseated and bloated, if I go under - I want more. The weight gain has stopped - the bloating (and water retention) is all but gone - but the weight is not. However... I have gained no inches (in fact I even lost 0.5 inches in a spot or two) so I am going to say the gain is muscle.

As a side note, when I was chowing down - I REALLY focused on getting as close to my 30% protein goal a day as I could, I figured if I was going to be eating that much I wanted as much of it as possible to be protein, since that was the hardest for the body to digest and used the most calories!

Your body is healing itself and afraid you will yank all that good nutrition away again. (I can attest that weight watchers doesn't work - I have been a lifetime member since I was 13 LOL). This is not an experiment its a life-change. If you are hungry on the new higher level of calories - you are probably not at your TDEE, keep going and resist the urge to cut! If nothing else do not go down so many - drop back down by 100 a day to 2100.

Also take MEASUREMENTS and pictures to combat the scale freak outs. That helps me a lot - I weigh, am up a few pounds, measure and show zero change (I hate pictures of myself - those are for later) - it makes me relax about the gain. I just keep telling myself I am gaining healthy, happy muscle and the water weight goes away and comes back monthly - but under that I am slowly changing my body. And I am EATING - which feels great.

You are doing fabulous! Keep at it and don't let the low cal preachers get to you!
04-04-2017, 10:47 PM
Yas2 and kcmsmith0405 I just want to thank you both so so much for your responses! It really REALLY helped me today. All day I felt like a water balloon walking around and it was awful. Tonight I JUST started my period for the month so I'm hoping that's what all this puffiness is (although I've never felt that bloated with my period beforethinking). I still don't really enjoy looking at myself in the mirror, but I've decided to stick to 2,000-2,100 this week. Again, thank you both for your advice and encouragement! You have no idea how much I needed it happy

Question: Does anyone else get puffy or swollen in their face during their period or just water weight in general?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step -- Lao Tzu hannah77 282 34,418 06-06-2017 02:42 AM
Last Post: Jules
  A well nourished journey jsue6 16 2,407 03-14-2017 02:59 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  kathy's journey kathy 8 1,695 08-26-2016 09:24 PM
Last Post: KatiAuchinleck
  Liane's new journey forward mrsukyankee 489 187,161 06-21-2016 08:38 AM
Last Post: KatiAuchinleck
Wink The Start of My New Journey Candi 141 19,684 05-23-2016 06:55 AM
Last Post: Candi
  Rebekah's EM2WL Journey Rebekah 15 3,060 04-06-2016 08:31 AM
Last Post: emma
  Journey to Hope mjj79 57 16,883 12-07-2015 06:25 PM
Last Post: tillymonstar
  Katie's Journey from Low Cal Diets and Binging to Health! kfbattle 11 4,041 09-03-2015 01:03 PM
Last Post: mrsukyankee
  Jeanette's Journey merrickj 8 4,602 06-14-2015 02:01 PM
  Journey On! chickymac 118 45,318 06-11-2015 01:34 PM