Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Back again
06-09-2017, 10:33 PM
Back again
Hello again ladies. I am back after being gone about 18 months... after 2 more rounds of HCG (which I lost weight and it stayed off until another pregnancy which resulted in miscarrage). When I was here last I was(12-2015) #224 and as of yesterday I weigh #230.

It is a long story, me being back here, but a friend of mine is using Dr Garrett Smith. While I was researching him I ran across Matt Stone again. I decided that while I was on vacation at my dad's I would eat what I liked and not "be good". Back home and 8 pounds later (in 7 days) I am a little overwhelmed.

I am amazed at my ability to put on fat. I have put on 30 pounds since Jan with 15 of those being in the last 8 weeks. I have to admit that I am scared to death to continue to gain. I can't fit into my clothes already (since I threw out everything 30 pounds ago...).

I know I will need some serious help with this and was reaching out again. I worked with Anita personally last time (thanks for bearing with me!) and I am hoping to do personalized coaching again soon.

So my questions right now are:
What would my TDEE be? I typed everything in
weight 230
height 64 inches
age 36
activity level - sedentary (I am unsure here. I am always exhausted so dont do formal workouts anymore. If I do outside work I can work hard for a day and then crash for 1-2 days so it almost isn't worth it to me. I am a homeschooling mama to 7 kids and we live on a small farm. I used to be a lot more active outside but I am just to tired to do anything. Tired and snappy. I am so sick of being a tired, grouchy mama...)

so my TDEE would be 2138? I know I am not eating that much but still struggle with actually counting my calories since everything is still homemade! Is the only feasible way to do this is to go to more packaged foods?

Will I ever be able to not count calories? Will my body ever be normal enough to just eat? I know our pioneer ancestors did not count calories, macros or anything else!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2017, 10:56 AM
RE: Back again
Hey Bev!

Coming across Matt Stone is always a good thing (we have an interview with him on file http://eatmore2weighless.com/matt-stone-...etabolism/ ). I am glad you are reaching out again. Have you joined our Facebook Crushing the Diet Mentality group yet? There is a lot o amazing daily interaction going on there and the support system can be a huge game changer for you https://www.facebook.com/groups/17541022...=bookmarks .

Your TDEE would be kind of right, but with 7 kids at home, even without formal workouts, I'd go up one level once you are consistently hitting the 2138 daily calories. Baby steps, one thing at a time so you don't get overwhelmed and quit. Anita is an amazing coach and I am happy to hear that you had a chance to work with her.

Counting and logging calories can be a pain in the butt sometimes, I know. But it is necessary in some phases of the journey. It can be do if you eat home cooked meals (it's actually easier and more accurate once you get the hang of it). Focus on the main ingredients and if it's something prepared like a casserole that you cook frequently, you can always add as a recipe on MFP and the next time you have it you just add to the log. If logging every single morsel is daunting, focus on the main stuff.

Eventually you will rebuild your body and metabolism so you can take time off from logging. The EM2WL phase system is great for that. As you add calories and feel better, you can slowly add in more activities. You will be ready to do some workouts again, but you need to feel better first.

Tereza Toledobig grin lovestruck
Team EM2WL
Certified EM2WL Personal Trainer and Coach
Here is my journey: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tereza/
06-11-2017, 05:26 PM
Thank you Tereza. I just went and joined the group on FB.

I just found on this morning that we are expecting again... what does that do to me TDEE? I think it might be easier for me to eat more while preg mentality wise happy

Would you say that most are on board with Matt Stone's RRARF in the beginning? I should be eating and sleeping as much as possible? When does the weight training work into things?
06-11-2017, 06:07 PM
Congrats on the news! That explains why you have been so tired! I'm glad you joined the group, feel free to post and ask there anytime as well.

In the beginning of your pregnancy you can stick to your TDEE. We talk about eating for two, but not two adults. Once you get to your TDEE (which may be challenging by itself if you get nauseous), stay there and you may increase slowly another 300 cals (http://www.livestrong.com/article/261760...regnancy/) as a rule of thumb. You could consider this time as a reset. Once the baby is born, you can recalculate using your new body stats and adding 300 more again if you are breastfeeding.
Or you can just use this time as a chill phase and learn to listen to your body and hunger cues.

Sleeping as much as you can is always a good thing. Eating as much as you can according to your goals, TDEE and metabolism is also a go. Weight training always has a place in the plan, as long as you are feeling well and your doctor is on board with it.

Tereza Toledobig grin lovestruck
Team EM2WL
Certified EM2WL Personal Trainer and Coach
Here is my journey: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tereza/
06-11-2017, 06:15 PM
So I have never experienced morning sickness (I always tell people that I get to start putting on the weight from day one! I secretly wished I could have morning sickness so I could lose 20 pounds the first trimester and go from there.

So if I up my level to "light" it says my TDEE is 2449.
My midwife usually tells me to try and lose during my pregnancies... so I am guessing I can eat TDEE and then cut after 3 months? I have been very overweight with the last 4 pregnancies and she does not feel that is healthy.

I usually nurse but have never sustained my milk for long (my midwife says I don't eat enough to support me, much less a milk supply!).
06-11-2017, 06:23 PM
I have been using Cronometer to track calories. I think I like it better than Fitpal - has anyone tried both and have a preference?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  TDEE Activity Level and Eating Back Calories petstorekitty 3 1,776 10-21-2015 09:26 PM
Last Post: AnitraSoto
  eat back cals? mjj79 2 1,341 07-27-2015 10:41 PM
Thumbs Down Back again even more lost! Kirstio 5 2,481 06-06-2015 05:01 PM