Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Recalculating, need help with activity level
06-29-2017, 12:16 AM
Recalculating, need help with activity level
Hi all! I moved recently and am starting a new, slow search for TDEE because I think it's higher than I thought last fall. My weight has been steady at 154-156 since late February, even though my calories have ranged from 1700-2200 at various times during those 4 months.

I've been a walker for several years, but since we moved, I'm walking more - 1-2.5 hours almost every day -- about 10-12 hours/week. (We have FABULOUS walking/biking paths here!) Mostly I'm on flat or slightly rolling ground, although once or twice a week I head for the hills. I don't know whether to calculate at Moderate, Strenuous, or Very Strenuous. I walk at a reasonable clip for my height (5'3" and about 3.4 mph). I'm not currently lifting. Thoughts on activity level?

Thanks!
Sheila
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-29-2017, 08:19 AM
RE: Recalculating, need help with activity level
Hey Sheila!

I'm happy to hear you are styled in the new place and thrilled to hear about the places to walk and explore!

You could slowly increase to where you are and see how your body reacts. As a start, go in the higher end of moderate, see how you body reacts, just like you did when you were resetting. Take your time, increase slowly and go higher. Watch what your body does. Once we reset and find a TDEE number that works with our goals, it doesn't mean it will be the same forever. Checking it and testing it here and there is always a good thing to do when our activity level and lifestyle changes.

Always keep in mind the phase you are in and your goals wink . That's what will basically dictate how much you should eat.

Tereza Toledobig grin lovestruck
Team EM2WL
Certified EM2WL Personal Trainer and Coach
Here is my journey: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tereza/
Find all posts by this user
06-29-2017, 12:45 PM
RE: Recalculating, need help with activity level
(06-29-2017 08:19 AM)Tereza Toledo Wrote:  Hey Sheila!

I'm happy to hear you are styled in the new place and thrilled to hear about the places to walk and explore!

You could slowly increase to where you are and see how your body reacts. As a start, go in the higher end of moderate, see how you body reacts, just like you did when you were resetting. Take your time, increase slowly and go higher. Watch what your body does. Once we reset and find a TDEE number that works with our goals, it doesn't mean it will be the same forever. Checking it and testing it here and there is always a good thing to do when our activity level and lifestyle changes.

Always keep in mind the phase you are in and your goals wink . That's what will basically dictate how much you should eat.

Thanks, Tereza. That's close to what I've been averaging the past few weeks and it actually seems too low to me big grin so I'm going to try half way between Moderate and Strenuous for a couple of weeks and see what happens. Trying to be more patient this time around!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Need help with activity and upping calories Snezza 32 5,587 01-10-2017 11:27 PM
Last Post: Tereza Toledo
  Activity Level TonyaB 2 718 01-04-2017 09:54 AM
Last Post: Tereza Toledo
  Activity level right? How to up calories? zoe 4 1,154 09-24-2016 08:40 PM
Last Post: AnitraSoto
  Activity level to start at? nwcountrygal 6 1,875 02-14-2016 09:42 PM
  TDEE Activity Level and Eating Back Calories petstorekitty 3 1,776 10-21-2015 09:26 PM
  Activity Level Check pbear85 6 2,129 09-24-2015 08:44 PM
  Activity Correct? I'm new! lnicker 7 3,921 03-25-2015 02:45 PM
Last Post: lnicker
  Question for activity level for TDEE cminer 6 5,439 08-01-2014 04:57 PM
Last Post: emma
  New and not sure about activity level spuggygirl 3 2,596 10-25-2013 11:15 PM
Last Post: Lucia
  help with activity too narcissa 2 2,579 07-20-2013 04:31 PM
Last Post: narcissa