Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Alright ladies! The time has come!
07-23-2012, 02:27 PM
Alright ladies! The time has come!
My life has been insane lately! Between vacations, training out of town for work, and life in general, I've been off the wagon! I ended up doing a full 8 weeks reset and fully committing to a 10% cut starting today, even though I should have 2 weeks ago. If nothing else, I let myself do a full reset. And....gained 10 lbs! I've lost inches in the upper body, gained muscle, clothes are snug, but ready to shed this fat and do some work!

I am finishing NROLFW Phase 1 this week too! Friday is my last AMRAP!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-23-2012, 02:54 PM
RE: Alright ladies! The time has come!
I started my cut today. I keep hearing that everyone has gained weight from doing reset. I didnt, does that mean I didnt do it right or is no weight gain common also? My cut is 15% and I was hungry at lunch but not painfully hungry like I thought. Havent done my workout today yet but plan on squeezing it in tonight a short one though. Im ready for the fat to fall off. Ive been working hard and ready for the magic to happen.

I tried every diet in the book. I tried some that weren’t in the book. I tried eating the book. It tasted better than most of the diets.

Dolly Parton
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-23-2012, 03:05 PM
I think most people gained at least something. But if you are maintaining that you should be good.
07-23-2012, 03:23 PM
I think maybe 1 lbs or so but its stayed pretty much the same. I havent measured in a long time maybe should. Im doing Cathe's Muscle max 2-3 days (mostly 2) and JM 30 DS 3-4 days. about 3-5 hours of exercise a week.

I tried every diet in the book. I tried some that weren’t in the book. I tried eating the book. It tasted better than most of the diets.

Dolly Parton
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-23-2012, 03:40 PM
Congrats in finishing your reset!! I started my cut today. I gained about 8lb, not too bad happy I gained a few inches too, but eh. What are you gonna do??

Good luck in finishing phase one of NROLFW happy
07-23-2012, 04:08 PM
It's part of a healthier lifestyle. Now I just need to get used to these lowered calories!
07-23-2012, 04:26 PM
*ehem*.....ladies and gentlemen tongue

Look forward to your results!

"Just a fat guy on a quest to be in shape again, and bring the magic of free gun shows to all! "

What is TDEE and what you should know?
http://forums.eatmore2weighless.com/show....php?tid=2

Upping you calories? Know what to expect?
http://forums.eatmore2weighless.com/show....php?tid=1
07-24-2012, 04:07 PM
Welcome to the cut. I'm on day 3 of my cut and OMG am I hungry!!

Crystal
08-06-2012, 09:40 AM
Okay, maybe some of you can help me? I posted this on a myfitnesspal EM2WL thread, but thought maybe I would get a better chance of getting a response on the actual EM2WL site:

Soo...obviously I'm new to this thread. It's encouraging to see so many who have had or are having success after Reset. Hopefully I will be one of those people, haha! We'll see. Anything I need to know before I start cutting? Officially, my cut would start Wednesday, but we're leaving this week on vacation and I figured Sunday was a good starting place for the cut, plus my weight is pretty stable eating at TDEE finally. I have a few questions:

Is weightlifting essential to make EM2WL work? I don't have access to gym equipment or weights at all, so if I were to strength train, it would be totally body weight. I haven't done much body weight/strength exercise since starting EM2LW (just cardio), so do I have the disadvantage of not having tons of that calorie burning muscle that others have?

Also on that same note: do you eat back exercise calories in the cut? Or only if they dip below your BMR?

And do I stay on the cut forever, or every once in a while (like while plateauing) go back to TDEE for a week for a "mini reset"?

What happens if I gain weight? With me, anything could happen...would I just go back to reset, or maybe lower calories more? Huh

Thanks you guys! My EM2WL "family" is the best!
08-06-2012, 04:19 PM
Hi there, I think I just responded to this question on the other board. I will copy and paste here...
Hey there, you don't have to lift for EM2WL to work. Remember it is based on your activity level, so you choose the correct one then you should be good to go. Lifting just helps bring the transformation most are looking for regarding body composition.

Ok, so when you are in cut, we suggest 10-15% but no more. So you have your TDEE take your 10% cut and that is the amount you eat daily. You don't eat back calories since it is already factored into your numbers.

We suggest taking a TDEE break every 12 wks. Kiki does one every 4wks in cut. I am not as daring, but she has been doing the whole cut/bulk/maintenance cycle for a very long time.

I did a 9wk reset and now Thursday will make 5wks at cut. I didn't start to lose until 3.5wks into cut...go figure. My thing is to remain consistent and allow the body to do what it will. If numbers are correct the body will fall in line eventually...lol.

I would not change my calories unless I see a trend for 4wks. A spike or drop in a week can easily be water. So I wait to make sure it is truly a trend before making any changes.

Lucia

Lucia

Eating more, lifting heavy and loving life!
big grin

MFP
EM2WL.com
Facebook
Twitter tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Night Time Calories Needed 3furballs 1 2,574 11-10-2015 08:41 PM
Last Post: AnitraSoto
  What to do during monthly "cycles" (for the ladies)... attackfatcat 3 4,487 03-07-2015 01:41 PM
Last Post: attackfatcat
  Hoping for success this time and need a little direction. Jazzisme68 1 3,713 11-10-2014 02:08 PM
Last Post: mrsukyankee
  Time to start a bulk? pullem01 2 4,706 01-02-2013 03:46 PM
Last Post: amanda_gent