Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pasta pasta pasta
07-24-2012, 06:56 PM
Pasta pasta pasta
Occasionally, all I want is a big bowl of pasta. Granted, I don't crave it nearly as often as I used to now that I'm eating enough. However, sometimes I just want it. Lol

I maybe eat it once a month now, and really enjoy it, but MAN does it put a huge spike in my carbs for that day. Especially because when I do have it, I have it properly, not just as a side dish.

I'm just wondering how others incorporate pasta into their diet (or not). If you're having pasta for dinner, do you make sure you're really light on the carbs for the rest of the day? Or do you just have occasional pasta days where you try to ignore your carb macro value? happy

Or is it just not worth it? Haha

I used to think that the meaning of life could be found in a spicy prawn sushi roll, now I am 158% sure that it is found in any type of protein. ANY type.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-24-2012, 10:08 PM
RE: Pasta pasta pasta
I do have Pasta now and again, but I work it into my macros.
07-24-2012, 10:12 PM
Thanks Evelyn! So you're really light on carbs for your other meals on the days you eat pasta? I do 40 carb, 30 protein, 30 fat and if I have a big bowl of pasta it's pretty much my entire carb allowance for the entire day.

I'm just curious how others approach it happy

I used to think that the meaning of life could be found in a spicy prawn sushi roll, now I am 158% sure that it is found in any type of protein. ANY type.
07-24-2012, 10:51 PM
I generally try to stay away from pasta with my dinners. If I want it, I'll have it for lunch. I just don't like eating something so heavy so late in the day. Makes me feel all bloated and frumpy!!

Helene big grin
07-25-2012, 01:05 PM
Yes, if I have it, the carb section, is filled happy
07-29-2012, 10:39 PM
I have it once a week. On saturdays I do a 10km run and a 60 minute body pump class and usually burn at least 1500 calories so think I deserve it happy I am usually way under my BMR so usually have the pasta AND bruschetta lol happy
07-29-2012, 10:45 PM
Woah! Go you!! That is awesome... and you definitely deserve it, actually you probably need it!

Yeah I think I could get away with it on the days I do Bikram Yoga as I'm usually well under BMR on a normal day's food... but any other days I think I'd be doing myself a dis-service as I'm doing mostly strength training and keeping my protein as high as possible.