Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I can't believe this
08-09-2012, 03:39 PM
I can't believe this
Lately, I've been having issues eating at cut. I never ever have issues but it's weird, i'm full, i'm not hungry, the items i eat are good wholesome stuff. I've kinda cut back on the protein shakes because my exercising has slowed down and I brought a yucky protein mix (I was being cheap) and I totally lost motivation for making them. The last one I made was horrendus.

So now it seems my carbs and fat have been over in my macros I'm averaging 44 carbs/34 fat /23 protein. It's that TOM and I feel like I've gained and I don't get the motivation from measuring myself anymore Sad

Today, I still have 400 more calories to eat and I'm way over in my carbs.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2012, 05:34 PM
RE: I can't believe this
Sad It's hard to make any assessments knowing that TOM is here, as much of it could be hormonal. I always feel stuffed during TTOM.

How long have you been cutting? And how far apart are your meals?

Kiki (aka rambling )
EM2WL.com
My MFP Diary

Looking for me? Follow the chocolate trail cool ....
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-10-2012, 10:20 AM
(08-09-2012 05:34 PM)Kiki Wrote:  Sad It's hard to make any assessments knowing that TOM is here, as much of it could be hormonal. I always feel stuffed during TTOM.

How long have you been cutting? And how far apart are your meals?

I have been cutting for about 3 weeks. I hate that I was in a flow with exercise, strength training and eating at cut. My TDEE cut is 2036. I am 199 lbs, but was 196 when I first started EM2WL. I started June 7 and then started my cut July 16.

I have experienced some trauma in my life recently, so that may have an effect on my motivation to eat and strength train. And then there is the carbs. I didn't used to have a problem, but now I am realizing that my meals which are about 2-3 hrs about are averaging 40-50 grams of carbs per meal Huh

I had a protein shake this morning 8am and now I'm eating an apple with peanut butter, but normally I put it on toast, but that would have thrown my carbs into the 50 gram category. Geez, I didn't know it would be this hard.

And then the TOM is in full effect! I feel like I'm bursting on the sides and please.. why did I try and measure myself as that would help anything. Confused
08-10-2012, 02:56 PM
Since TOM is here, let's wait until it's completely over before making any assessments. With the combo of TOM, and the stress of what you are dealing with, your hormone/cortisol levels must be through the roof. Sad

Have you had a rest week lately? Maybe you should go ahead and take one, because you seem to be showing signs of burnout as well. Take a week to just do some cardio (endorphins to help with your mood, increase your appetite, and burn off those carbs, lol) and stretching/yoga/pilates (to assist in regulating cortisol/hormones), and simply focus on you. We often reach for carbs in times of needing comfort, so don't fault yourself, but take the time to really deal with what you are going through. Sometimes there are more important things than weight loss, and we just add another stressor to the mix.

Reassess how you feel emotionally and physically during this time, and then again at the end of the week, then revamp your game plan as needed. See if you're ready to hit the iron again. Keep the water intake up to flush any excess water, and keep an eye on sodium to make sure that you aren't maxing out. Instead of focusing on omitting the carbs (which tend to make us crave them more), leave them as they are, and just focus on increasing the protein.

I pray that everything is ok w/you, and that we'll get ya squared away. You have a full support system here, so be sure to check back in and let us know how you're feeling.

Kiki (aka rambling )
EM2WL.com
My MFP Diary

Looking for me? Follow the chocolate trail cool ....
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-10-2012, 04:58 PM
(08-10-2012 02:56 PM)Kiki Wrote:  Since TOM is here, let's wait until it's completely over before making any assessments. With the combo of TOM, and the stress of what you are dealing with, your hormone/cortisol levels must be through the roof. Sad

Have you had a rest week lately? Maybe you should go ahead and take one, because you seem to be showing signs of burnout as well. Take a week to just do some cardio (endorphins to help with your mood, increase your appetite, and burn off those carbs, lol) and stretching/yoga/pilates (to assist in regulating cortisol/hormones), and simply focus on you. We often reach for carbs in times of needing comfort, so don't fault yourself, but take the time to really deal with what you are going through. Sometimes there are more important things than weight loss, and we just add another stressor to the mix.

Reassess how you feel emotionally and physically during this time, and then again at the end of the week, then revamp your game plan as needed. See if you're ready to hit the iron again. Keep the water intake up to flush any excess water, and keep an eye on sodium to make sure that you aren't maxing out. Instead of focusing on omitting the carbs (which tend to make us crave them more), leave them as they are, and just focus on increasing the protein.

I pray that everything is ok w/you, and that we'll get ya squared away. You have a full support system here, so be sure to check back in and let us know how you're feeling.

Thanks Kiki, Will do happy
08-10-2012, 10:54 PM
Nothing to add but just sending some lovehappy
It can be frustrating at times, and the impatience can take over... keep it up. you are doing great happy

Kelly
Team EM2WL
Never Give Up.
08-12-2012, 06:32 PM
Sending some hugs your way. Life stressors can throw everything off when it comes to eating right, working out, etc...Kiki's advice to give yourself a rest is very wise. Hang in there!

Crystal