Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Who are the EM2WL Vegetarians/Vegans?
10-18-2013, 12:17 AM
RE: Who are the EM2WL Vegetarians/Vegans?
I've been vegan for a little over 6 years. I guess I'm the special snowflake. I never have a hard time getting my calories or protein in. If you guys need some food suggestions I'm happy to offer.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-18-2013, 04:37 PM
Calories aren't the problem, but I have to plan for the protein really closely. What's the percentage that you shoot for? Do you mind posting a sample day menu?
10-18-2013, 06:02 PM
I've been a vegan for five years and vegetarian three years before that. I eat a lot of faux meat made by my vegan husband and use rice, hemp and pea protein supplements. My macros run about 25-30%.
10-19-2013, 05:27 AM
I've been vegetarian for nearly 9 years and aiming for 30% protein (equal to 174g per day while on reset). I manage to hit it pretty much every day but usually only with 2 serves of pea/rice protein (breakfast and post workout) as well as adding quite a lot of egg whites and greek yoghurt to my day, and lots of planning. I have had a couple days where I've been short 30-40g and made some 'protein pancakes' for dessert just to get the numbers up!

baszilla - would be very keen to hear how you manage to get your protein in so easily!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  No Vegetarians?? nwcountrygal 2 1,971 02-19-2016 02:15 PM
Last Post: emma
  Vegetarians Eating More lillebanon 4 5,556 09-24-2013 03:37 AM
Last Post: JsuaMils