Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Bars
08-09-2012, 11:46 PM
Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Bars
I think a fellow MFP EM2WL'r might have been where I got this from, but I don't remember...anyhoo, they are SO delish!!!

Here's the recipe...they are super easy to make--I made them with my 4 year old son...we enjoyed ourselves, and start to finish it took us 30 minutes! They are very peanut-buttery, and I enjoy banana, so I might add another banana to the recipe next time...

http://gingerbreadbagels.com/2011/03/22/...l-squares/

Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Squares

1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 large mashed banana
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter

Mix together the quick cooking oats, light brown sugar, baking powder, kosher salt and ground cinnamon. Add in the vanilla extract, milk and egg. Mix the ingredients together. Then add in the mashed banana and peanut butter. Combine all of the ingredients. Pour the mixture into a lightly greased 8 by 8 inch metal baking pan (I just used non stick cooking spray). Bake at 350 F degrees for 20 minutes. Cut into squares and enjoy!big grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2012, 12:37 PM
RE: Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Bars
Thanks for this recipe happy. As you know I had a slice last night and spread 10g on it. Well I have to make up my calories somehow wink

Just had slice number two. This time spread with 10g crunchy peanut butter.

Both delicious!

I'm thinking of having a go at making it in a muffin tin next time. If it doesn't work out I'm sure the mixture will still be eaten happy
08-10-2012, 11:23 PM
(08-10-2012 12:37 PM)angelina2585 Wrote:  Thanks for this recipe happy. As you know I had a slice last night and spread 10g on it. Well I have to make up my calories somehow wink

Just had slice number two. This time spread with 10g crunchy peanut butter.

Both delicious!

I'm thinking of having a go at making it in a muffin tin next time. If it doesn't work out I'm sure the mixture will still be eaten happy

Good call with the muffin pan idea...I think I'll be making more this weekend...might have to try that!!!!
08-16-2012, 03:39 PM
Made some more today. I added 15g of cocoa powder and made 9 muffins out of the the mix. They don't rise like muffins but it was just an easier way of portioning them as I found them hard to cut into even squares. So they end up lower in calories per 'muffin' than they did as 8 squares. Woo hoo!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Chocolate peanut butter chunk bars tbellamy 1 4,260 03-03-2013 11:37 AM
Last Post: momofmyfivekids
  chocolate truffle no bake protein bars Ange 8 13,693 10-19-2012 08:46 PM
Last Post: Raynn
  Chocolate Protein Bars / Chocolate Brownies orphylea 1 4,695 07-19-2012 03:50 PM
Last Post: Kiki