Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cutting... and waiting patiently...
08-10-2012, 11:14 PM
Cutting... and waiting patiently...
I kind of feel like I take one step forward and two steps back some days...

I began cut about three weeks ago. In about 5 days I dropped the roughly 4 pounds I had gained in my 8 week reset. And then AF reared her head the night I landed at my vacation away.. So 6 days of travelling and 60km of walking around amusement parks, eating guilt free (but definitely not great choices), I finally came home and was basically back to where I began at the end of reset.. so back up 4 pounds or so... Then I got a bit of a sinus cold... and couldnt hit the gym until yesterday. Finally started trending back down and was down about 2 pounds from my vacation weight... and then went back to the gym yesterday for the beginning of stage 4 in NROL... after an almost 2 week hiatus from the gym..

So you can guess the scale went back up this morning because of the water retention..Grrrrr...

So almost three weeks in and a myriad of things have kept the scale up and down, up and down.. And I wish I could say the inches have changed, but so far they have also gone up and then back to where they were.. no inches down anywhere...

Bah... so a bit of a grumble, pity party of circumstances I cant really change. Im ready to see the trend down.. Im ready to see where all my hard work went to over the past 3 months.. Im ready..

Kelly
Team EM2WL
Never Give Up.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2012, 07:51 PM
RE: Cutting... and waiting patiently...
Hang in there. It's definitely frustrating...the waiting for the drop. It'll happen for you Raynn - I just know it. You've put in so much hard work!

It's okay to vent and grumble. I think it's all part of the process for all of us!

Crystal
08-13-2012, 01:13 AM
Its time.... it is soooo time to go down now.... and thankfully there is nothing on the horizon to roadblock mehappy

Kelly
Team EM2WL
Never Give Up.
08-14-2012, 06:29 PM
I am with you girl. Almost 4 weeks of cut and no loss. But I have decided to not let it get to me. I am feeling great and my jeans are fitting. Lifting heave and enjoying life!
08-15-2012, 10:01 AM
So over 3 weeks in and the scale is showing a number HIGHER than when I first began my cut... ARGH!! I feel like Im constantly taking one step forward and two steps back.. Im trying not to let it bother me, but damn Im sick of being 240 fricking pounds!! It is not healthy, no matter how much I workout or lift, and no amount of strength training is going to give me a size "healthy" body carrying 240 pounds.

Sigh... Sorry, total rant and frustrating morning... I just stupidily assumed that once I cut, things would finally start moving down on the scale... just angers me..

Kelly
Team EM2WL
Never Give Up.
08-15-2012, 11:46 AM
That is frustrating Raynn. Sad I know that I would be just as annoyed as you. I can't recall...do you have a Body Media Fit or a fit bit or something?

In this, slow can sometimes be painfully slow and 3 weeks might not yet be enough time for your body to start dropping inches or pounds...I've seen some post that they didn't see anything until about 4 weeks into cut (I'd be going crazy by then I'm sure!!!) One of the things I have done since going to cut is to change up my workout to add in some higher intensity cardio because at cut, if we still have quite a few pounds to lose, we want to drop a bit of that fat and during cut is the perfect time to increase the cardio a little if needed just to 'shock/boost' the fat loss. (at least in my opinion I believe this is a good way to go - hopefully I don't get smacked by kiki! lol) During my reset, my cardio was mainly really brisk walking. Now I've created a Turbo Fire/CLX hybrid so that I can incorporate a better cardio burn with some HIIT etc, and still keep up my lifting. I workout 5 days a week for 1 hr a day so it's not over-training.

Maybe you could try switching things up a bit? Lifting really is great for that slow gentle loss, but I don't think there's anything wrong in bumping up cardio a little during cut (use your intelligence here..lol) to give the fat loss a boost. Either switch up steady state to include some HIIT if you can, or add some kind of cardio if you don't have it incorporated at all.

I don't know if that helps at all, but I really hope you start to see losses soon!! Hang in there....

Nicole
~ I do now what others won't - so I can have later what others can't.
08-15-2012, 11:46 AM
I am right there with you too. I'm on my 3rd week of cut and I initially went down 2 lbs but now I am up 2 higher than when I first began cut. It is very frustrating. I do feel leaner but my clothes aren't looser and I am so upset. Everyday I think, maybe I should just cut down another 100 calories and see if that helps, but I don't want to start on that slippery slope. I took a week diet break before starting cut thinking the water weight from lifting heavy would fall away and it didn't at all. I'm sorry this is happening for you. It is so hard...sigh
08-15-2012, 04:33 PM
(08-15-2012 11:46 AM)jyska Wrote:  That is frustrating Raynn. Sad I know that I would be just as annoyed as you. I can't recall...do you have a Body Media Fit or a fit bit or something?

In this, slow can sometimes be painfully slow and 3 weeks might not yet be enough time for your body to start dropping inches or pounds...I've seen some post that they didn't see anything until about 4 weeks into cut (I'd be going crazy by then I'm sure!!!) One of the things I have done since going to cut is to change up my workout to add in some higher intensity cardio because at cut, if we still have quite a few pounds to lose, we want to drop a bit of that fat and during cut is the perfect time to increase the cardio a little if needed just to 'shock/boost' the fat loss. (at least in my opinion I believe this is a good way to go - hopefully I don't get smacked by kiki! lol) During my reset, my cardio was mainly really brisk walking. Now I've created a Turbo Fire/CLX hybrid so that I can incorporate a better cardio burn with some HIIT etc, and still keep up my lifting. I workout 5 days a week for 1 hr a day so it's not over-training.

Maybe you could try switching things up a bit? Lifting really is great for that slow gentle loss, but I don't think there's anything wrong in bumping up cardio a little during cut (use your intelligence here..lol) to give the fat loss a boost. Either switch up steady state to include some HIIT if you can, or add some kind of cardio if you don't have it incorporated at all.

I don't know if that helps at all, but I really hope you start to see losses soon!! Hang in there....

Thanks, already doing pretty much thathappy Been doing NROL for the past 3.5 months, 3 days a week, which in the last two stages have included HIIT training. Also run once or twice a week as well for about 45 mins..

Something has to give at some point, right?Dodgy

Kelly
Team EM2WL
Never Give Up.
08-15-2012, 05:33 PM
It will work. I know how frustrating it can be.
But you have come such a long way already and going back is not an option, right?
Stay strong! We will be doing it together.
08-16-2012, 08:30 AM (This post was last modified: 08-16-2012 08:30 AM by Lucia.)
Rayann, my scale shot up first week of cut...I know it doesn't make sense. I went from finally holding steady at 158lbs during reset, the first week of cut ended at 162lbs. I was like WHAT? It took 3.5 wks for the scale to start to move and finally at the fifth week mark went down to 160.4lbs. Then TOM was on its way and the scale went up to 165lbs...so now TOM just ended and this morning I am 161.4.

Said all that to say, I totally understand your pain. Like you said something has to give. What is your BMR, activity level, and cut amount?

Lucia

Eating more, lifting heavy and loving life!
big grin

MFP
EM2WL.com
Facebook
Twitter tongue