Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cutting... and waiting patiently...
08-16-2012, 09:09 AM
RE: Cutting... and waiting patiently...
BMR - 1857
TDEE 2878
15% cut - 2440

Moderate activty. 3 days a week NROL for 60-75 mins, 2 days cardio, 20-60 mins, depending if its HIIT or a run.

My first week of cut I was down 4 pounds. Then the day I left for vacation it shot back up 2 pounds because TOM arrived later that night.. then with a week vacation, I came home and the scale was reading basically what it was when I began cut. Then over the past two weeks I have been eating back at cut, finally saw a 2 pound loss again on Sunday, only to have the scale shoot back up monday to .4 above what i began at. Since then, it dropped the .4 this morning.
So basically my scale has read like an accordian. Id like to assume that my initial 4 pound loss in my first week was real, and then based on a host of water retaining activites and choices, that the body is holding on again..Im just at the point where Im tired of "blaming" it on water retention, you know?? I know it comes into play, but still.. if everything is in line, then regardless of holding water, there still should be a trend downwards, right? And Im not seeing a trend yet.

Kelly
Team EM2WL
Never Give Up.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-16-2012, 11:12 AM
I'm starting to think it was a good thing I had no scale for the first 3 weeks of my cut!! happy

Nicole
~ I do now what others won't - so I can have later what others can't.
08-16-2012, 04:14 PM
(08-16-2012 11:12 AM)jyska Wrote:  I'm starting to think it was a good thing I had no scale for the first 3 weeks of my cut!! happy

Lol, Im thinking you are righthappy

Kelly
Team EM2WL
Never Give Up.
08-16-2012, 09:01 PM
Have you taken pics. Regarding cut, I think keep doing what you are for another few weeks and make sure your eating is clean and protein is on point. The scale will move.

Lucia

Eating more, lifting heavy and loving life!
big grin

MFP
EM2WL.com
Facebook
Twitter tongue
08-22-2012, 04:52 PM
Just a small update.
Things are finally moving on the scale, downwards.. I am down about 3.4 pounds from the start of my cut. happy
So no idea why things dropped quickly in the first week, only to pack back on the next two weeks after. For whatever reason, things are finally letting go and slowly going down.

I am starting to use my new fitbit, and using this as another tool to help me out. So far its too early to see what its all about and like but we'll seehappy

Hopefully Ill have a better update in a few weeks

Kelly
Team EM2WL
Never Give Up.
08-23-2012, 08:32 PM
Awesome to hear!

Lucia

big grin

MFP
EM2WL.com
Facebook
Twitter tongue
08-24-2012, 12:23 AM
So happy for you!

Crystal
08-24-2012, 08:29 PM
I needed to see this little bit of light. I am getting frustrated too. I feel stuck and it does me good to see your scale moving.

Sharon
08-27-2012, 11:15 AM (This post was last modified: 08-27-2012 11:19 AM by jyska.)
I keep trying to tell myself that this is the same boat I'm in right now and I just have to be patient a couple more weeks. I too initially dropped 3 lbs (I believe due to not lifting for 2 weeks) but gained 2 back as soon as I started lifting again after holidays. I'm just starting week 3 after my holidays now (5th week of cut) and I'm still bouncing in that 2lb regain...soooooo frustrating. Even my trend is starting to have a couple of ugly red 'up-swings' whereas before it had only lovely green down swings. Sad Sigh...

The measurements are not changing either. The only thing that gives me hope is that every so often I look at myself in the mirror and I feel tighter, and somehow shaped different (especially from the waist up). I can't pin it down and it's frustrating that my measurements don't reflect it, but I just don't feel as floofy as before (most times). But on the other side, my pants still feel snug (and sometimes snugger than before). I plan on taking pictures first thing next week for my monthly update and I'm just praying it'll show in those.

I've been watching cal burn and cals in because I changed up my exercise 2 weeks ago and currently I'm at about a 500 cal deficit (a little high perhaps...thinking of adding in a few extra cals this week - what do you guys think?) but not such a high deficit that it should cause plateau problems already would it??? (this is according to Body Media Fit numbers) I'm hoping to lose moderately slow-not too slow right now because we're supposed to go to Mexico in November and I would really love to have lost about 8 - 10lbs in weight or equivalent inches by then. I'll still be chubbier than I want to be but at least I'll be smaller/lighter than when I started reset. After Mexico, it's Christmas etc and I certainly don't mind taking it slow then!! happy

Anyways....as Raynn said...cutting and patiently waiting....waiting...waiting......

Nicole
~ I do now what others won't - so I can have later what others can't.
08-27-2012, 08:27 PM
500 cals is steep, 300 or less is better. On fb tomorrow there will be a repost regarding deficits. But you can check it out early http://www.oxygenmag.com/Community/Exper...loss.aspx.

Lucia

big grin

MFP
EM2WL.com
Facebook
Twitter tongue