Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
EM2WL Pregnancy Help
09-21-2013, 04:33 PM
EM2WL Pregnancy Help
I first came across this site a few weeks ago after a friend suggested that I may me suffering from metabolic issues. I've never had an eating disorder, but I have yo-yo dieted my entire life, starting in elementary (I am now 25), and have resorted to VLCDs several times on and off over the past three years.

A little history: I've struggled with my weight my entire life, regardless of how hard I have dieted and exercise. I am 6'0'' with a naturally large frame. As an adult, my body tends to want to be 225 lbs (size 16) or more. After being misdiagnosed as bipolar in college, I gained about 100 lbs in a year (going from 220 to 309) from depression and all of the medications. After recovering emotionally, I worked extremely hard to lose the 100 lbs back in another year. The first 20 lbs came off with Power 90 (the easier version of P90X), the next 40 came off with a carb cycling book called "Crack the Fat Loss Code", and after a plateau the last 40 came off with 2 rounds of HCG... putting me at 200 lbs (size 14) for the first time since high school. I know 200 sounds like a lot, but I really liked the way I looked at that weight. I could of stood to lose another 20-30 lbs, but I was happy. I was able to maintain that weight with exercise and low calorie carb cycling for about 6 months, until I finally started gaining weight out of no where with no change to my diet or exercise routine.

After those 6 months, I started gaining about 5 lbs a month until I got back up to 225-230. My friend, who told me about metabolic resistance, suggested I do something like EM2WL way back then, but I ignored his advice. I was too petrified to gain any more weight, so I spent the next year and a half yo-yoing between abandoned cycles of HCG or fat fasting and binging. I was able to get back down to 215 at one point, but my weight always found itself back to 225. After a wedding, honeymoon, and pregnancy (that ended in miscarriage), I reached a staggering 240 lbs. My impulse, desperate to get the baby weight off, was once again to try a round of VLCD, but I found myself extra miserable and ravenous, and not losing weight at all after the initial water drop.

I finally decided to take my friends advice that I will never lose weight and keep it off until I heal myself, and have been really trying to research EM2WL for the past few days. Before I got the Starter kit and really understood what to do, I just stopped the HCG and started upping my calories. He told me to take it slow and gradually add back in calories, but I found myself having a really hard time doing that. Just absolutely starving every 2 hours, even more hungry than on HCG! So now I am all bloated and feeling extra fat and fighting a Psychological war with myself.

Which leads me to my current problem: It is too soon to confirm anything, but I just woke up with the feeling today that I honestly think I may be pregnant again. My intuition is strong on this, but even if I am wrong, I want to make sure there is not even a chance to potentially do damage by dieting. I used the scooby calculator and my numbers came out as follows: BMR- 1950, TDEE- 2975, and TDEE 15% Cut- 2500... with moderate exercise. I am a student walking all over campus, a massage therapist, a nanny chasing kids, and try to do moderate strength training 3 times a week. I'm honestly kind of excited, because I think being pregnant, and being unable to lose weight, would be a great time to heal my body without fear of being judged for weight. I am just not sure how much to eat or what to adjust, if anything?

Any thoughts, comments? I know that was a really long story, sorry. I just wanted to get the whole history out there for reference.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-26-2013, 10:13 AM (This post was last modified: 09-26-2013 10:17 AM by Lucia.)
RE: EM2WL Pregnancy Help
Hi there,

Wow I'm happy you've come to the forum here. You are def on the right road... It is time to heal your metabolism.

I'd suggest you work your way up to Tdee and stay right there while you continue your workout regimen. Work on progressively going up in weights during your lift sessions. Try to work on getting your macros in and out away the scale. Take pics and refer back to the book when you start to doubt or head to our forum. And get good slee.

This will take time but that's OK... It's a life journey. If you are pregnant you may need to adjust workouts according to your physicians recommendation.

You can do this.

Lucia

Eating more, lifting heavy and loving life!
big grin

MFP
EM2WL.com
Facebook
Twitter tongue
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply