Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
hello, im new.
08-11-2012, 07:09 PM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2012 07:11 PM by Anewme.)
hello, im new.
Hi Everyone, Newbie here. I'm Pauline happy I started this permanent weight lose journey in 2010. I only started the EMTWL about 2 months ago now... I can't believe I ate between 1200/1500 calories for so long. I now eat 1900/2000 (this is my 20% cut). I'm losing weight slow, but better in the inches.

I was 104 kgs, got down to 73kgs. Gained back 20kgs (in 5 months of no exercise or dieting) this was when I gave up dieting & exercising because I was exhausted. At that time I was eating 1200/1500.

I am now 76.9kgs I measure the same as when I was 72kgs. I want to lose another 10kgs by EMTWL, so far it is working!

I do curves cardio/strength training for 60 minutes 6 days,
60mins weight training 3 days, 30 minute walk 6 days. 60 mins Zumba 2days.

I hope I can get support and support others here.
Cheers Pauline.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2012, 07:25 PM
RE: hello, im new.
Holy moly Pauline - you are a machine! Welcome to the group. Ask away if you have any questions. Also, wanted to let you know that the general recommendation for cut is 10-15% depending on how much you have to lose. You might want to consider bumping cals up slightly. Also, since your activity level is so high, just want to double check with you and make sure that you are netting over your BMR on workout days.

Anyways, glad you found your way here! I love EM2WL!

Crystal
08-13-2012, 04:18 AM
(08-12-2012 07:25 PM)CrystalFueled Wrote:  Holy moly Pauline - you are a machine! Welcome to the group. Ask away if you have any questions. Also, wanted to let you know that the general recommendation for cut is 10-15% depending on how much you have to lose. You might want to consider bumping cals up slightly. Also, since your activity level is so high, just want to double check with you and make sure that you are netting over your BMR on workout days.

Anyways, glad you found your way here! I love EM2WL!

Thanks for the welcome.Crystal, happy
I still have about 10kgs to lose. I know 20% is high. I will lower the cut I think when I'm closer to my goal... I hope that works anyway... I'm still trying to get my head around eating more. Lol

Cheers Pauline
08-13-2012, 08:30 AM
Welcome, Pauline!

Glad to have you here. happy

I do agree w/Crystal, be very careful w/starting at such a high cut #, because it is easier to hit a plateau and then you don't have much wiggle room. We typically recommend the opposite: starting lower, because then if you hit a bump in the road and need to adjust, you have room to go to a slightly higher cut, if needed.

Be sure to take your recommended diet breaks, in order to try to prevent this dreaded plateau.

Welcome, again! Best wishes on your journey big grin

Kiki (aka rambling )
EM2WL.com
My MFP Diary

Looking for me? Follow the chocolate trail cool ....
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user