Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Eating more with Cardio
08-12-2012, 08:36 PM
Eating more with Cardio
I love to eat, but damn..............Im doing Turbo Fire right now because I will be come a Turbo Kick Instructor on Oct. 6th..........I looooove me some cardio, but ever since I got turned on to lifting, I find that I dont have to eat as much because I dont have extremely high burns, and I know if I dont eat, I wont lose. I find myself eating less clean on my really high burn days because all the REALLY healthy stuff has no calories......Any suggestions on what I can eat on the more healthy side with lots of calories besides nuts and avacados lol?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-13-2012, 08:18 AM
RE: Eating more with Cardio
That's shocking because many people say that cardio makes them hungrier! LOL.

How much cardio do you have to do each day?

For higher cal goodies how about fatty fish (like salmon) if you eat fish. Salmon is super calorie dense, and excellent for you w/all the omegas, just as other "fatty" fish (tuna, trout, herring) are.

Nut butters are always an option, though you say you're tired of nuts, lol. Seeds are also good though if you can find ways to fit flax, chia, sunflower seeds and the like in your diet, they are really good for you. I like to eat granolas for breakfast, and those typically have all kinds of nuts and seeds in them and are pretty high cal. I actually prefer to make my own, then I can toss in all of the aforementioned seeds when mixing it all up. If you'd like to try it, here's my fave recipe, I switch out the seeds mentioned for different taste from time to time, or just do a combination of all my fave seeds, in equal portions to what is listed. I've never had a bad batch, and the whole fam loves it. I also use coconut oil in place of the canola (I typically don't need as much shredded coconut as listed in the recipe): http://allrecipes.com/recipe/ultimate-ir...ome%20Page

Other higher cal options that are still healthy could be: cheese, oils (like olive, flaxseed, fish, grapeseed, coconut, etc), potatoes, and grains like quinoa and couscous.

Kiki (aka rambling )
EM2WL.com
My MFP Diary

Looking for me? Follow the chocolate trail cool ....
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-14-2012, 10:56 AM
Great suggestions Kiki!! Exactly what I needed to know today b/c I am having an issue with NOT getting enough calories in each day which is of course causing me NOT to lose weight...Thanks for the suggestions. I am definitely going to try the coconut oil b/c I have heard that you can add it to your protein shakes too...Potatoes are something that I used to eat & loved them, so I may have to get more now. happy

[Image: 16043484.png]
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
08-14-2012, 12:10 PM
LOVE, LOVE coconut oil in smoothies! SO yum. Flavored is the best if you like coconut flavor, but of course unflavored (refined) versions will add fat and give good texture.

Oils in smoothies = best invention ever, flavored (fish/flax/coconut) oils are that much better. Makes them nice and thick (when you consider that most restaurants use hydrogenated oil in there's, it makes sense, lol), and if they are flavored, you get a yummy bonus to all the omega goodness happy

Kiki (aka rambling )
EM2WL.com
My MFP Diary

Looking for me? Follow the chocolate trail cool ....
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-14-2012, 07:54 PM
I know it sounds gross but I have gone as far as just taking the coconut oil straight...not bad at all...lol.

Lucia

Eating more, lifting heavy and loving life!
big grin

MFP
EM2WL.com
Facebook
Twitter tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What do you do for cardio??? Gemmybean 9 7,643 12-31-2015 01:21 PM
Last Post: DarrylSpiers
  Too Much Cardio? ben_running 10 15,647 01-31-2015 10:28 AM