Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Scared
08-13-2012, 03:27 PM
Smile Scared
Hi All
Have been eating around 1450 calories a day plus any workout calories but haven't lost now for months and months.
My TDEE is 2166 and this scares me SO MUCH! this is with a 15% cut for weightloss.

I've changed my numbers tonight which gives me another 700 calories to eat today. It's almost half 8pm.
I won't force myself now tonight but looking forward to tomorrow, I feel like I'll be going over the top.

It just so happens it's my father's birthday and we're going out for a meal so I'll eat more anyway but when Wednesday comes round... ahhhh.
I've read loads of stuff on here and get the science.
I suppose I just don't trust my body.

Sorry to go on.
I know this must be talked about over and over but needed to write it down!

Thanks
Amanda
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-13-2012, 06:16 PM
RE: Scared
Hey Amanda!

I'm definitely no expert but thought I'd share a little bit of what I know now...

It is scary isn't it... I remember being petrified when I first upped my cals. I upped to my cut first, and after a couple of weeks a did a few weeks of reset at TDEE because after eating very low cal for a long time, I knew my metabolism needed to know it was getting fed properly.

Then I started cut again with a heavy lifting program and have started seeing results. It's slow, but it's absolutely sustainable. Now I look forward so much to a week of TDEE every so often. I adore the extra calories and am not scared anymore!! I know my muscles need the fuel and I know that I have the right values for my body. As you said, it's science, so you can't go wrong and I love that about it. Since upping my cals I have not felt the need to binge and I don't get sugar or carb cravings anymore too. I am still in awe of these things haha happy

So, just to clarify. I think you've mentioned TDEE and cut as the same thing? If your 15% cut value is 2166, your TDEE is a higher amount than this. Just wanted to make sure you were aware of the difference there. It can get confusing with all these terms but you will quickly get used to it.

Most on here would recommend that you do a metabolism reset for 6-8 weeks eating at TDEE. That way your body adjusts to new eating habits and your metabolism and hunger patterns are restored. That way when you start your cut, your body realises there is a slight deficit but isn't worried about not getting it's next meal, so sheds the fat a lot more easily.

Have you set your macros up? Most follow 40% carb, 30% protein, 30% fat. The best advice I was ever given was to sort out your protein for the day and everything else tends to fall into place.

Another thing... don't trust the scale. At all. Eating more and building muscle can make you weigh much more while getting smaller in size. You should trust your clothes and the measuring tape instead happy

Hope you enjoy your meal out!! All those yummy restaurant cals!!

Good luck!!

I used to think that the meaning of life could be found in a spicy prawn sushi roll, now I am 158% sure that it is found in any type of protein. ANY type.
08-14-2012, 04:58 AM
Thank you Lulu.

I appreciate your detailed reply.

I'll do more reading today to help me gain more confidence.

regards
08-14-2012, 06:26 PM
I was scared too when I first started. But now I am so glad I took the step to do a reset. It was one of the est decisions I could make for my health.
And if you need anything-we are here
08-14-2012, 07:31 PM
Yup right here. For me I wasn't scared because eating less didn't produce results. Learning to let go pf the scale dependency was the hard part.

Lucia

Eating more, lifting heavy and loving life!
big grin

MFP
EM2WL.com
Facebook
Twitter tongue
08-15-2012, 04:49 AM
Thanks everyone.
It's initial weight gain I'm concerned about.

It dawned on me that it's my sister's wedding in 4 weeks and I'm a bridesmaid!!
I need to fit in the dress!! Shy

I'll have to keep an eye on clothes..

Thanks again

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Quick newbie questions - TDEE, Sodium, Scared! jellybean 4 7,688 03-09-2014 10:44 AM
Last Post: emma
  Scared Newbie JoJaeLee 6 8,585 02-15-2014 02:40 PM
Last Post: JoJaeLee
  I'm so scared! Hollyp 4 6,935 05-09-2013 10:17 PM
Last Post: Hollyp