Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hi everyone nice to meet you
08-14-2012, 04:21 AM (This post was last modified: 08-14-2012 04:23 AM by Rasenganx3.)
Rainbow Hi everyone nice to meet you
Hi, I'm new
My name is Elle
I am a not so average 22 yrs, 5 feet 3 inches, 132 pounds. For the past three months, i have been eating less than 1200 cal and do cardio exercise for one to two hours everyday, and lost approximately 28 pounds. Even though i could wear size 8 cloths, which was the first time in my life, i am not happy. My life is now filled with calorie intake and depression. I want to get out of this cycle. I want to eat and be me again. However, the pressure of going back to my previous weight, and society pressure prevent me from asking for help (My society is very group orientated).
Nevertheless, I just want to stop, i want to do the right thing, i want to exercise wisely, and eat again, but this time sensibly. So, i began to ask for help on my country's famous forum, but many people criticized me for not doing enough research, telling me that my weight is going to yo-yo back, and informed me that my metabolism is destroyed. This information gave me anxiety attack, and caused me sleep deprivation for weeks.
I am very happy when i come across em2lw because not only that this place provide people with metal, emotional, and technical support, it also helps motivate each other. For the first time in weeks, i got out of depression mode, and realize that my metabolism can come back, and that i can eat again. I want to be apart of this community. That's why i am not hesitate to joint the forum. Last but not least, i believe that everything is possible if you never give up, so let's never give up.
P.S. sorry for my lack of linguistic skill English is not my first language
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-14-2012, 08:02 AM
RE: Hi everyone nice to meet you
Hi Elle,

We're so happy you found us! happy

Most of us came from the exact same background that you've described. You have a tough road ahead, but you will have a full support system w/the EM2WL family. We are all here to encourage each other and help to take our lives back from society, it's expectations, and the wrong paths that we've allowed it to lead us down.

One thing is for sure: although undereating/overexercising can "damage" metabolism to an extent, it is NOT permanent, and you CAN repair the damage. We are here to help you in whatever you need wink

Welcome to the fam!

Kiki (aka rambling )
EM2WL.com
My MFP Diary

Looking for me? Follow the chocolate trail cool ....
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-14-2012, 08:47 AM
Thankyou, for your support Kiki. I want to start doing metabolism reboot right now, but i want to take some time to prepare my self for the mental journey ahead of me. I'm going to study aboard in the UK soon. I believe that is where i will start my metabolism reboot journey because i, hopefully, will have more control of my life (Currently, i lived with my parents, and they question my idea of eating clean and reboot my metabolism). The university that i will be attending has a very good sport club that provides extra discount for student. At the same time, i can cook clean organic food for myself.
I will use this free time i have left to do as much research as i can because i don't want to repeat the mistake i made. And i want to learn how to cook rich nutrition food, understand about how to measure food unit, and start planing my meals ahead of time, so that when things get really busy, i can use them.
08-14-2012, 06:23 PM
Hi and welcome. The site here is awesome and will give you all the support you need. People on here are just wonderful.
Oh and let me know hoe you like theUK?
Been living here for the past 6 years almost.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Chicago Meet and greet!! jaeone 0 2,335 04-17-2014 06:53 AM
Last Post: jaeone