Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Grateful to have found EM2WL
08-18-2012, 11:46 AM
Grateful to have found EM2WL
Hi! I just joined MFP last week and within a few days found EM2WL.

I'm a 42 y/o roller derby skater for the past 2 years and have been doing martial arts for ~20 years. I consider myself pretty fit and active, doing all the right things, but wondered WHY have I been gaining weight??? A few weekends ago I saw some pictures of my extra round booty and thought, "I have to DO something about this."

Well, now I know that I was consistently eating under BMR 3x/week on derby days. Maybe that's why? It's the only thing I can think of. Eating at my scooby recommended TDEE I have to eat an extra 288 cals on derby days. Who knows what kind of deficit I was creating before I started tracking it and eating more? I would TRY not to eat at 11pm after derby practice, even though I was HUNGRY!

Thing is, I restricted my calories in an extreme way when I was in my early 20's (my goal was 700) and after a few years of that, I had a moment when I looked at myself and my world stopped and I saw just how much fear I had over a Hostess cupcake. I decided to stop that restriction and never do that to myself again.

So very slowly over the years I slowly put on weight, even though I was always active.

So how do I lose weight without restricting my calories and becoming a grouchy be-atch? I googled "How to lose weight" and somehow ended up here.

I am 6 days into my reset and so grateful for this info. Thank you, Kiki and Lucia! I wasn't sure if I needed to do a reset, but the idea of it, once I began eating more, feels so nurturing that I realize even if my metabolism didn't need a reset, my brain and heart do, so I am committed to it and just following the program.

I am so grateful to have this knowledge. It means I can lose weight in a healthy way and without breaking that promise I made to myself so long ago.

Looking forward to being part of this group!

Steph
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-18-2012, 07:12 PM
RE: Grateful to have found EM2WL
Wow, so glad you are here. Sounds like your body is truly thankful too!

Make sure to reset for no less than 8 wks. We have had some people reset for 12wks. After reset, cut by just 10% for 4-6 wks then do a diet break for a week....and then repeat.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Ummm, do you lift? If not, you may want to consider adding a strength training program into your routine. A good starter book is New Rules of Lifting weights for women, in the book section of EM2WL's Shop http://eatmore2weighless.com/shop/...please purchase through the site to help support it!

Lucia

Lucia

Eating more, lifting heavy and loving life!
big grin

MFP
EM2WL.com
Facebook
Twitter tongue
08-20-2012, 10:25 PM
I am doing P90x. I hope to have built some good muscle by next season, especially my core.

Another benefit of the reset is spending this time working on getting a routine set for meeting my macros, building a repertoire of foods that I like to help me meet those numbers.

Thanks for your reply, Lucia, and thanks for making this info available!
08-23-2012, 06:56 PM
Hi, Steph!

Sooo glad that you found us. happy

Make yourself at home, and be sure to ask if you have any questions. Every one around here is super helpful, and we have the best mods in town wink

In all honesty, I think that you will find that the EM2WL family has some of the most truly genuine people around - I just love these guys Heart .

Welcome to the fam! (and thank you, google!) big grin

Kiki (aka rambling )
EM2WL.com
My MFP Diary

Looking for me? Follow the chocolate trail cool ....
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  New to EM2WL kRiBBiTd 0 1,942 09-15-2016 05:32 PM
Last Post: kRiBBiTd
  New to the forum and EM2WL PaulaB 8 9,783 07-13-2016 08:15 PM
Last Post: hannah77
  finally found the site nwcountrygal 7 8,007 02-15-2016 10:02 PM
Last Post: AnitraSoto
  Hello! Glad to have found you! panda7353 7 7,731 01-13-2016 05:58 PM
  What's more accurate? Fitbit Charge or EM2WL Calculator? melissaseaside 1 3,259 09-23-2015 08:01 PM
  Lifelong dieter/new to EM2WL ohiotubagal 3 5,238 05-11-2015 06:14 AM
  Finally found my way to the fourm nhizarms 6 8,946 07-28-2014 10:51 AM
Last Post: nhizarms
  EM2WL sounds good to me! LoCarbGal 3 6,308 04-22-2014 11:30 AM
Last Post: LoCarbGal
  Confused about starting EM2WL & Bulking/Cutting ajmccracken11 4 8,628 04-18-2013 08:59 PM
Last Post: ajmccracken11