Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Not hungry
08-22-2012, 07:44 PM
Question Not hungry
I'm on vacation and thought I'd be hungrier then when at the office since I am moving around a lot more. Funny thing is that I don't feel that hunger hit every 2-3 hrs like I used to...wonder why? Huh I try to eat but i feel like when i was doing a reset...stuffed and almost sick. I try to eat up to my BMR but one day i just couldn't. Should I be concerned? Am I screwing up my metabolism? Sad BTW, I did an 8 week reset and started my 10% cut 2 weeks ago (and gained another 2 lbs).

Thanks

Nadia
This makes sense, so it has to work Cool
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-22-2012, 07:51 PM
RE: Not hungry
I am exactly the same with my weekends, you know! I sit at a desk all day during the week and am ALWAYS hungry. On weekends I'm out and about and always doing stuff, and I find myself much less hungry. It's annoying lol.

I wouldn't worry too much about not being hungry - it's a blessing! lol... except you do need to make sure you always net your BMR. I know you said you couldn't, but it's hugely important that you do so your body doesn't go into panic mode, especially because you're moving more. Try upping your calories with richer foods, rather than food volume. Avocados, peanut butter, etc.

I used to think that the meaning of life could be found in a spicy prawn sushi roll, now I am 158% sure that it is found in any type of protein. ANY type.
08-22-2012, 08:28 PM
That's odd that your hunger levels have adapted so quickly :/

Eating less lowers our BMR (as you know wink ) in order to conserve energy. It's why we recommend frequent diet breaks to stop this from happening. But only 2 weeks into cut is very soon for that adaptation. Not saying that your body has already went into "Omgosh, she's at it again! Sad " mode, but be vary wary of NOT feeling deprived at the beginning of your cut. When fully recovered, cutting should be a slight struggle.

Not to say that 2-3 hours is the magical range (except in the beginning when trying to train your hunger), but you should at least want to eat around 4 times/day still??

Are you eating more filling food than you were before? Higher fiber? More fat?

Kiki (aka rambling )
EM2WL.com
My MFP Diary

Looking for me? Follow the chocolate trail cool ....
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-22-2012, 08:48 PM
Thanks lulu. I guess it's cause I'm physically busier...but some days I really struggle.

Kiki, thx for responding. I have been eating roughly the same...maybe less veggies and fruits Sad Fat has been roughly the same, maybe carbs went up a bit Blush It's really weird cause usually I'm really hungry the week before my TOM.

I did struggle with cals the first few days (week) when I cut, had to stop eating some calorie packed foods like nuts. I gained 2 lbs though?! But the week after was easier. I have been exercising more so been able to eat a bit more.

Today I found myself eating because it was time to eat not cause I was really hungry. Breakfast was at almost ten (when I usually eat before 8am), lunch went by and I grabbed something to eat as I was working around the house (wasn't really that hungry), snacked in the afternoon and then ate supper only cause it was sushi. I don't seem to be digesting well either...maybe it really all has to do with TOM??

Maybe I'm just all out of whack being on vacation?
Confusing...

Nadia
This makes sense, so it has to work Cool
08-23-2012, 08:00 AM
LOL. It could be the vaca wink or just a fluke, lol. If you can handle eating larger meals, then no prob eating less times per day if you're not hungry at meal times. As long as you get the cals in, it doesn't matter what the times are. (now if you aren't getting the cals in, that's another story, lol...set that timer, baby tongue)

The weight gain is likely because of the increased activity. I wouldn't sweat it. Ladies often go through the "whooshes" like that. Typically the gain comes before the whoosh.

Due to our hormones, many of us have a weight loss journey that resembles a series of mini pregnancies, lol. We seem to be gaining, and getting bigger, then one day the water breaks, and out comes the baby, lol (except it's in terms of days rather than months, and it happens over and over again Confused)

Unfortunately, I was a "whoosh-er" ...quite irritating until I got a handle on how my body handled it all. Sad Once I understood what to expect, I didn't sweat it as much (tossing my scale helped, rofl)

Kiki (aka rambling )
EM2WL.com
My MFP Diary

08-23-2012, 06:01 PM
The busier I get, the less hungry I am. I could completely forget to eat all day if I am not careful on those crazy busy days. But the more sedentary I am, the more I want to eat. I find my rest days are always a struggle to stay in cut, whereas a high burn day often finds me suddenly realizing around suppertime that I need to eat a crap load of food and now if I am not pre-logging meals! lol

Nicole
~ I do now what others won't - so I can have later what others can't.
08-23-2012, 06:57 PM
(08-23-2012 06:01 PM)jyska Wrote:  The busier I get, the less hungry I am. I could completely forget to eat all day if I am not careful on those crazy busy days. But the more sedentary I am, the more I want to eat. I find my rest days are always a struggle to stay in cut, whereas a high burn day often finds me suddenly realizing around suppertime that I need to eat a crap load of food and now if I am not pre-logging meals! lol

LOL! SOO true!

Kiki (aka rambling )
EM2WL.com
My MFP Diary

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Hungry. Eat or stick to calorie limit? KatiAuchinleck 4 5,787 09-25-2015 08:54 AM
Last Post: f551fs8
  1950 and still hungry! nomoreexcuses 12 16,347 10-27-2014 04:44 AM
Last Post: mrsukyankee
  Not hungry days ?? Marie 3 4,824 03-01-2013 05:09 PM
Last Post: Lucia
  Hungry all the time Lindsey 6 9,538 02-28-2013 07:21 PM
Last Post: Lindsey