Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Gah! Motivation to log gone!
08-27-2012, 04:42 PM
Gah! Motivation to log gone!
So for the past three weeks or so, I just can't seem to make myself log on mfp. I am having a mental block. I logged one random day to see how I was doing and was over tdee by 400. :/ I have still been exercising regularly and am only up TOM water weight...so that's good.

Recently I went to the gyn and she has recommended some "repairs" and they are such that heavy lifting will be limited from here on out.

To top it all off, today I found out that my BUN is elevated. This is part of the kidney function test. This weirds me out because I have one kidney (I donated the other). Gah! My doctor gave a call at the time of the tests (mid-July) and told me the tests were normal. But today I had a copy faxed to me so I could send it over to the transplant folks as a two year check in. It's probably nothing. I didn't fast for the test. However, I do think I am going to watch the protein a bit.

OK. End of rant! I am so blessed I have no right to complain. Just mourning my youth a bit this week. lol

Design Dedication - my hobby happy
Home Creations Candle Co - my second hobby happy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-27-2012, 05:34 PM
RE: Gah! Motivation to log gone!
Lost motivation can be hard to reign in again...I always say start with small steps if you can't muscle your way back into it. Promise yourself you'll log Mon, Wed and Frid this week or something until you can get yourself back into logging daily. At some point, with anything we do, we just have to start somewhere until the rest falls into place otherwise you'll never get back in the game!

I'm sorry to hear that your exercise will be limited. I hope that you can find a great routine that works for your new situation and I hope it's something that you will enjoy!

Nicole
~ I do now what others won't - so I can have later what others can't.
08-27-2012, 08:07 PM (This post was last modified: 08-27-2012 08:07 PM by Lucia.)
Be encouraged, we all go through the phase of just needing a break. Follow doctors orders and do what's best for your body. We are here for you...feel free to rant anytime.

Lucia

Eating more, lifting heavy and loving life!
big grin

MFP
EM2WL.com
Facebook
Twitter tongue
08-31-2012, 10:04 AM
Thanks, Ladies. I am working my way back into it. jyska...good suggestion for the m,w,f idea! It takes some of the pressure off mentally. I also made my diary private again. I guess I am opposite of most folks in that I don't get spurred on by comments on my diary. Weird, huh?

Design Dedication - my hobby happy
Home Creations Candle Co - my second hobby happy