Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
new here and starting metabolism reset
08-28-2012, 07:03 AM
new here and starting metabolism reset
0I never knew you needed to do a tdee break. I have been cutting calories for 11 months. I've lost 72 pounds I am needing about 40 more. I hope this helps as I have hit a plateau for 3 months nearly. I.lost 8# last month but that was after nothing for ten weeks. Now same weight for three weeks again
I'm activev I run walk a lot lift weights strength train I do it all almost lol.
Hoping not to.gain a bunch in the reset I'm set at 2150 now but I think.my tdee us 2800 or so. I'll adjust it if I need too
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-28-2012, 09:47 AM
RE: new here and starting metabolism reset
So have you been doing low cal for the last 11 months? If so, the reset sounds like it'll be a great thing for you. Did you use one of the online calculators to get your tdee? In order to do a proper reset you will need to get all the way up to that tdee number. Some people like to jump right up there and some prefer to gradually step it up. Really that's your preference. There's a metabolism reset forum here. Make sure you check that out as you can learn a lot from other people's journeys and ask questions about your reset there!

Crystal
08-28-2012, 01:04 PM
Ill check the forum Id like to go all the way up I think I have been eating below bmr mostly. I think my body needs a break from it all and my head does for sure. nothing is working. Constantly plateauing I need to get past this for surehappy

thanks for the welcome
08-28-2012, 03:22 PM
The reset is a full healing process for body AND mind, sounds exactly like what you need right now. If you've seen my video, you'll notice how many times I said I was "just tired" of dieting, lol...

The reset was the best thing I could've done for myself, mentally, on my entire journey. wink

Kiki (aka rambling )
EM2WL.com
My MFP Diary

Looking for me? Follow the chocolate trail cool ....
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-09-2012, 01:34 PM
I too am like you. I was using MFP and eating at 1200 calories for 9 months. I had a friend connect me with EM2WL. I had already lost 73 pounds and have 37 more I want to lose. I was tired of eating so little. I was still losing weight, just started feeling deprived.

In August, I started a metabolism reset. I ate at TDEE at first. But just kept gaining and gaining weight. So, I decided to lower my calories. My TDEE was 2509. My 15% cut 2132. I'm now trying to eat at 2000. So far, I've gained 12 pounds. This is not acceptable! Clothes that fit are feeling tight.

I can't seem to get my macros at 40/30/30. I'm still gaining weight but you know why??? I can't stop eating junk! I sit at night and get bored, so I eat. I get stressed, I eat. I'm having terrible sugar cravings. Want to just sit and eat bags and bags of candy. Not a good thing, when I'm diabetic. This is very depressing.

I've had one knee replaced and the other is scheduled in November so my cardio exercise is very limited. I can do NuStep machine but any other land exercise hurts my bad knee too much. Can't walk, bike, or use elliptical. Only no impact. Tried Zumba, couldn't walk without a cane the next day. Tried Les Mills Body Pump class, couldn't walk for a week without the cane. Was doing water exercises for an hour 5 times a week but now I've done something to my bad knee that makes it so the next day after the water exercises, I have to use a cane to walk. The only exercise that doesn't seem to affect my knee is the NuStep. Been doing that 3 times a week. I should add that I had my right knee replaced in February. It's doing great, therefore the left will be done in November.

As for weight lifting, having a hard time getting into it. The machines are all upstairs and can't do stairs with bad knee very well. The regular weight room is downstairs and I just haven't been able to get the gumption to go in the door and work out. When I'm in pain so much with my knee, after a day of work, I just want to go home and sit.

I need to get rid of these cravings. Being in a depressed mood, I'm always looking for comfort foods. That would be sugar for me. How can I get back on the track to losing weight again and not falling back into my old habits??? Doesn't help matters either that I feel like crap today with a horrible cold.
10-10-2012, 12:08 PM
(10-09-2012 01:34 PM)Shamrock9377 Wrote:  I too am like you. I was using MFP and eating at 1200 calories for 9 months. I had a friend connect me with EM2WL. I had already lost 73 pounds and have 37 more I want to lose. I was tired of eating so little. I was still losing weight, just started feeling deprived.

In August, I started a metabolism reset. I ate at TDEE at first. But just kept gaining and gaining weight. So, I decided to lower my calories. My TDEE was 2509. My 15% cut 2132. I'm now trying to eat at 2000. So far, I've gained 12 pounds. This is not acceptable! Clothes that fit are feeling tight.

I can't seem to get my macros at 40/30/30. I'm still gaining weight but you know why??? I can't stop eating junk! I sit at night and get bored, so I eat. I get stressed, I eat. I'm having terrible sugar cravings. Want to just sit and eat bags and bags of candy. Not a good thing, when I'm diabetic. This is very depressing.

I've had one knee replaced and the other is scheduled in November so my cardio exercise is very limited. I can do NuStep machine but any other land exercise hurts my bad knee too much. Can't walk, bike, or use elliptical. Only no impact. Tried Zumba, couldn't walk without a cane the next day. Tried Les Mills Body Pump class, couldn't walk for a week without the cane. Was doing water exercises for an hour 5 times a week but now I've done something to my bad knee that makes it so the next day after the water exercises, I have to use a cane to walk. The only exercise that doesn't seem to affect my knee is the NuStep. Been doing that 3 times a week. I should add that I had my right knee replaced in February. It's doing great, therefore the left will be done in November.

As for weight lifting, having a hard time getting into it. The machines are all upstairs and can't do stairs with bad knee very well. The regular weight room is downstairs and I just haven't been able to get the gumption to go in the door and work out. When I'm in pain so much with my knee, after a day of work, I just want to go home and sit.

I need to get rid of these cravings. Being in a depressed mood, I'm always looking for comfort foods. That would be sugar for me. How can I get back on the track to losing weight again and not falling back into my old habits??? Doesn't help matters either that I feel like crap today with a horrible cold.
Hopefully with the second knee replacement you will be able to getting more into working out. Maybe then you should retry to do a reset.
I know it is hard, but try to get in more protein. If you feel like sugary treats, make yourself a protein shake and add a banana or something that can satisfy your cravings. Also if you don't buy the sweets you are not tempted to eat them.
I hope you will be feeling better soon.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Anyone else starting out of shape? panda7353 1 2,651 01-22-2016 09:10 PM
Last Post: AnitraSoto
  Starting again Kirstio 6 7,123 07-01-2015 10:26 AM
Last Post: AnitraSoto
  Just starting out and want to make sure this is right Chalagurl 7 9,515 03-10-2015 06:04 AM
Last Post: mrsukyankee
  Starting over again - with lots of muscle? wookiemouse 3 5,000 02-07-2015 09:34 AM
Last Post: Nadoriel
  metabolism resest nicoles 0 2,245 01-03-2014 11:16 AM
Last Post: nicoles
  Permanently lower metabolism after losing weight? curiousgeorgia 6 12,497 09-12-2013 03:38 AM
Last Post: curiousgeorgia
  starting my metoblic reset day 1 Katie Girl 1 3,098 05-13-2013 06:47 PM
Last Post: Kiki
  Not clear on what to expect when doing NROLFW while starting my reset! ajmccracken11 2 5,934 04-24-2013 03:21 PM
Last Post: ajmccracken11
  Beginning Metabolism Reset: Please Help! camoore93 3 5,688 10-14-2012 09:32 PM
Last Post: Lucia
  STARTING OUT QUESTIONS stacyd717 4 7,880 10-11-2012 03:31 PM
Last Post: Lucia