Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New and kinda confused!
08-31-2012, 03:22 PM
New and kinda confused!
I just joined today after Kiki posted the link on MFP. I have been eating, or trying to eat, my CUT values for a week now. I didn't do a reset as I didn't eat low calorie for more than a week or so before that, and it was only slightly below what the scooby site gave as my BMR. I don't hardly ever make my protein for the day. But I'm also not hungry. I normally get all my cals in, but sometimes that's just from poor choices. I was planning on starting my lifting this upcoming week, but I'm a little nervous. I am VERY new to lifting. I understand the concept but I've never put it into practice for real. I'm reading NROLFW right now and hope to have it done by tomorrow. Should I start lifting now or wait another week?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-31-2012, 04:45 PM
RE: New and kinda confused!
Hey Erin! So glad you've joined us happy

Since you weren't VLCD before, you should be fine going straight to CUT.

I think you'll enjoy NROLFW, it was a nice easy read for me. You can begin lifting whenever you feel comfortable with the moves and are ready wink

It's your journey, so you do what works for you. Same with the food, it won't all come together at once, and will take some tweaking, but you'll get there. Maybe just pick one thing to focus on (like your protein) and once you've been able to hit it consistently for 2-4 weeks, pick another aspect to work on. Research has shown that the less changes we try to tackle at one time, the more chnges we are likely to make, and they'll stick, so take your time wink

Kiki (aka rambling )
EM2WL.com
My MFP Diary

Looking for me? Follow the chocolate trail cool ....
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-02-2012, 08:40 PM
RE: New and kinda confused!
(08-31-2012 04:45 PM)Kiki Wrote:  Hey Erin! So glad you've joined us happy

Since you weren't VLCD before, you should be fine going straight to CUT.

I think you'll enjoy NROLFW, it was a nice easy read for me. You can begin lifting whenever you feel comfortable with the moves and are ready wink

It's your journey, so you do what works for you. Same with the food, it won't all come together at once, and will take some tweaking, but you'll get there. Maybe just pick one thing to focus on (like your protein) and once you've been able to hit it consistently for 2-4 weeks, pick another aspect to work on. Research has shown that the less changes we try to tackle at one time, the more chnges we are likely to make, and they'll stick, so take your time wink

Thanks! I do need to focus on my protein a lot more. Like today for instance I only got 87g. That's not nearly enough.
Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Confused...and getting bigger Alioop 18 19,230 07-01-2015 07:35 PM
Last Post: AnitraSoto
  Also kinda new and thought I say hello neonbeige 7 7,702 04-01-2015 11:23 AM
Last Post: neonbeige
  48, British and confused zyanne 2 3,804 03-13-2015 01:05 AM
Last Post: AnitraSoto
  Confused, guidance required please vandanfc 7 10,130 11-10-2014 04:58 PM
Last Post: vandanfc
  Still Confused... stoofd 1 5,038 11-05-2013 08:21 PM
Last Post: Lucia
  Excited, Scared, and Confused! Jerzicle 12 21,890 10-25-2013 02:35 PM
Last Post: Jerzicle
  Confused about starting EM2WL & Bulking/Cutting ajmccracken11 4 8,084 04-18-2013 08:59 PM
Last Post: ajmccracken11
  I'm so confused Shamrock9377 7 9,942 10-09-2012 07:07 PM
Last Post: Kiki