Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wheatgrass?
09-03-2012, 02:46 PM
Wheatgrass?
This isn't a recipe per se, but has anyone heard of using wheatgrass to help with energy levels. People drink the juice and/or use the powder in juice or a smoothie. I'm going to give it a try. If anyone uses the powder, do you have any recipes for wheatgrass smoothies?

Crystal
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2012, 09:35 PM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2012 09:35 PM by Ange.)
RE: Wheatgrass?
People used to take wheatgrass as shots with a slice of orange afterwards to get rid of the taste. About 5 years ago this was super trendy and available at all the juice bars. Not so much now, but i don't think this is because of it not being good for you. Most people probably just don't like the taste.

I do know if you are juicing it yourself you need a special kind of juicer, so powdered is probably more convenient but i doubt as healthy and 'alive'.
I personally think green smoothies are probably just as good and i find easier to make since i don't have a wheatgrass juicer (or wheatgrass supply for that matter). Probably just substitute though the wheat grass for the other greens in any green smoothie recipe.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply