Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
STS Check-in
02-04-2013, 12:11 PM
RE: STS Check-in
Hi guys!

Sorry to hear about your back Lucia! I really hope that you can get it under control and continue with your workouts and that the workouts will help strengthen your back to prevent further problems. happy

Kelly, I don't know what others do, but if the weight is too heavy, I reduce it until it's a challenge but manageable under control. Safety first!!! I find even with having done the 1 rep max stuff in the beginning, I constantly have to adjust weight for what I have available and for what I can personally lift that particular day. Some days I'm like super woman...other days, I feel rather pathetic...lol.

As for me...well, it seems like the stress just keeps piling on lately. This weekend was super rough with a teen that's rebelling and making life very difficult for us as parents right now. I truly feel that pretty much every area of my life is lacking peace so as such, I'm still around, but it's random and usually just quick checkin's to read your reports, but not much to report myself.

I'm starting M3 today. Getting tired of bulking only in the sense that I'm tired of being chubby. Not eager to cut cals at the end of M3...and in all honesty, I'm now afraid I'm going to find maintaining a cut very hard and undesirable!! This is a new, very strange feeling for me....I normally don't have any trouble with a cut...lol. I guess my saving grace is my personal determination, and that I'm completely sick of the extra weight. happy I still need to get my macros in check though...with everything else in my life, my macros aren't balanced very well.

4 more weeks, then it's time to face the scale, the measuring tape, and the reality of finding out where my metabolism is now.

Nicole
~ I do now what others won't - so I can have later what others can't.
Find all posts by this user
02-05-2013, 10:53 AM
Hey Nicole

It's Evelyn with the back issue. I had a sore rib though... Well it'sstill sore but ggetting better.

I haven't been doing, M3 consistently since I've had gym partners from time to time. But tonight I will be doing rack legs.

Lucia

Eating more, lifting heavy and loving life!
big grin

MFP
EM2WL.com
Facebook
Twitter tongue
02-05-2013, 12:47 PM
(02-05-2013 10:53 AM)Lucia Wrote:  Hey Nicole

It's Evelyn with the back issue. I had a sore rib though... Well it'sstill sore but ggetting better.

I haven't been doing, M3 consistently since I've had gym partners from time to time. But tonight I will be doing rack legs.

oops! sorry Evelyn/Lucia for the mixup! Did I mention my life's a bit of a mess right now? lol...

Nicole
02-05-2013, 12:52 PM
No worries there, Nicole!
02-11-2013, 04:30 PM
Thought I should check in since I'm STSing, albeit a bit behind everyone else! Everyone is doing so great! I'm currently on M2W1. I did legs this morning and now 12 hrs later I'm really feeling it in my glutes whenever I stand up.

I'm also 3 days into my bulk, so far so good!

Karen
~~~~~Eat. Lift. Live.~~~~~
02-25-2013, 01:14 PM
Posted this on MFP but thought I should update here as well. It's my last week of STS and I think it's time to drop back down to maintenance cals for this last week and then into cut next week when sts is done. I need to do the week of maintenance because my activity level has dropped considerably in the past few months due to non-stop studying (lots of sitting) and the shock of dropping cals straight to cut will be too much after a fairly 'dirty bulk' cycle (I wish I could say I did a good girl bulk, but nope...too much stress led to some nasty macro ratios and slightly higher cals than proper clean bulk...but no binge eating or anything like that though in case you are wondering). However, I am not too worried about it, since my body needed to be overfed anyways both physically and to alleviate mental stress...LOL. Alas, that is now over, time to put on my big girl panties and reign in a little order. happy That includes proper logging again....got kinda lazy about that too...

Nicole
10-25-2013, 12:34 PM
RE: STS Check-in -day 3
Finished up disc 3 today. Oh how I love Cathe's videos. Brutal but effective. I had to repeat the first week - bc of a stomach virus. Anyway really hoping to see some progress In my strength. Just purchased some creatine from optimum nutrition based upon suggestions here. Hoping that really aids in muscle growth - my 1st time using it. Looking forward (well kinda) to DOMS next week. Hehe
10-25-2013, 01:05 PM
RE: STS Check-in -day 3
(10-25-2013 12:34 PM)Jdnara Wrote:  Finished up disc 3 today. Oh how I love Cathe's videos. Brutal but effective. I had to repeat the first week - bc of a stomach virus. Anyway really hoping to see some progress In my strength. Just purchased some creatine from optimum nutrition based upon suggestions here. Hoping that really aids in muscle growth - my 1st time using it. Looking forward (well kinda) to DOMS next week. Hehe

Jdnara,

This is 2012/2013 sts thread so I am going to close it. The other one is marked 2013:-)

Lucia

Eating more, lifting heavy and loving life!
big grin

MFP
EM2WL.com
Facebook
Twitter tongue
Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  STS Check-in 2013 Lucia 333 412,904 01-31-2014 02:00 PM
Last Post: Jdnara
Information First time BULK Check-in Lucia 67 100,217 02-16-2013 11:24 AM