Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
First time BULK Check-in
09-27-2012, 09:53 PM
Information First time BULK Check-in
Well, since some are doing STS and bulking and others may just be doing STS without the bulk, we thought we would separate the check-ins.
So, time is coming soon to start. I think Helene already started her bulk so maybe she can enlighten us on how it has been thus far. But, once again, I know I am going to need support through thisnail biting. It is exhilarating and scary at the same timenail biting But I know it is going to be well worth it.

So, just in case you haven't seen the videos Kiki did on bulking here you go:

I plan on watching all of them, but I think this is a important one to watch too, there are six total:

Lucia

Eating more, lifting heavy and loving life!
big grin

MFP
EM2WL.com
Facebook
Twitter tongue
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-28-2012, 06:53 AM
RE: First time BULK Check-in
When are you guys starting to up calories? I kinda recall Kiki saying not before November. IF that is right I might be in. Have to see how the next few weeks are going for me.
09-28-2012, 06:55 AM
Hi Lucia,
This will be fun. I was a bit nervous but this turned out great. I started bulking at the beginning of August. I've been at it for two months and I can't believe time is up already. So far I am only up a couple pounds and last time I measured I was showing progress in the right places. And I've been EAAAATING. NO CARDIO either. I take my final measurement this weekend for the 8 weeks. Then I really need to write the whole thing up, at least so that people can see how one person did it.
I will take a break from bulking during M1 but will be right back at it during M2.
09-28-2012, 07:23 AM
I'm starting my first bulk on 01 December, initially for one month but maybe extending depending how I cope with the first month. I think there was a group on the MFP EM2WL forum started a few months back for winter bulkers. I'll definitely be keeping a close eye on those starting 01 October to see how it goes for them.

Having never done a full metabolism reset I am planning to eat at TDEE for the next two months prior to my bulk.
09-28-2012, 08:29 AM
(09-28-2012 06:55 AM)helened Wrote:  Hi Lucia,
This will be fun. I was a bit nervous but this turned out great. I started bulking at the beginning of August. I've been at it for two months and I can't believe time is up already. So far I am only up a couple pounds and last time I measured I was showing progress in the right places. And I've been EAAAATING. NO CARDIO either. I take my final measurement this weekend for the 8 weeks. Then I really need to write the whole thing up, at least so that people can see how one person did it.
I will take a break from bulking during M1 but will be right back at it during M2.

Wow, that is so stinkin encouraging to me...I am excited but so nervous. I did Meso 2 and 3 at TDEE last time and didn't gain too much, but like blew up during cut...delayed reaction...lol. But still fitting everything. I cut too much (long story I explained somewhere else...lol) so now I am level again, but then comes TOM next week and STS, so going to keep eating at the 200 deficit then start bulk Nov after Meso 1.

I can't wait to see your pics. Oh man you just made me even more excited!!!

Lucia

big grin

MFP
EM2WL.com
Facebook
Twitter tongue
09-28-2012, 08:30 AM
(09-28-2012 06:53 AM)EvelynNoor Wrote:  When are you guys starting to up calories? I kinda recall Kiki saying not before November. IF that is right I might be in. Have to see how the next few weeks are going for me.

Oh yes, you are right...starting Nov after Meso 1. I just wanted to put the thread up for those that of us (especially me) that are a bit anxious. YOu know can yack on now up until the time...lol.

Lucia

big grin

MFP
EM2WL.com
Facebook
Twitter tongue
09-28-2012, 08:31 AM
(09-28-2012 07:23 AM)Crocatilla Wrote:  I'm starting my first bulk on 01 December, initially for one month but maybe extending depending how I cope with the first month. I think there was a group on the MFP EM2WL forum started a few months back for winter bulkers. I'll definitely be keeping a close eye on those starting 01 October to see how it goes for them.

Having never done a full metabolism reset I am planning to eat at TDEE for the next two months prior to my bulk.

That is a good idea. How much over will you be eating for your bulk? I am still going back and forth in my mind about it. I am thinking 200 cals because whew that puts me at 2600...

Lucia

big grin

MFP
EM2WL.com
Facebook
Twitter tongue
09-28-2012, 09:48 AM
(09-28-2012 08:31 AM)Lucia Wrote:  
(09-28-2012 07:23 AM)Crocatilla Wrote:  I'm starting my first bulk on 01 December, initially for one month but maybe extending depending how I cope with the first month. I think there was a group on the MFP EM2WL forum started a few months back for winter bulkers. I'll definitely be keeping a close eye on those starting 01 October to see how it goes for them.

That is a good idea. How much over will you be eating for your bulk? I am still going back and forth in my mind about it. I am thinking 200 cals because whew that puts me at 2600...

I'm thinking around the 200 mark too. My cut is currently 2300 and TDEE 2750 so I'm going to be eating so much! I'm going to cut back on my cardio as much as possible to get this down a bit but I'll still have to cycle to/from work so I'll probably be down to about 2600 TDEE and somewhere around 2800 for my bulk. Bring on the food big grin
09-28-2012, 02:42 PM
Hey there ladies! Im in too. Starting sts on Monday and will be doing the pyramid rotation (5 1/2 months). I'll be upping to maintenance from my cut gradually starting next week and should start bulking around November/December. Excited! It will be nice to have a break from trying so hard to lose, and hoping to put on since muscle too! I'm feeling very nervous about the whole thing, glad to have done support.

Time to ditch the scale and pick up the barbell!!!
09-28-2012, 03:17 PM (This post was last modified: 09-28-2012 03:19 PM by Kiki.)
I. CAN'T. WAIT party

Although...this surely ain't my first rodeo tongue

Been dreaming of this moment since MARCH day dreaming

happy dancehappy dancehappy dancehappy dance

Have I mentioned I LOVE bulking?? big grin

Kiki (aka rambling )
EM2WL.com
My MFP Diary

Looking for me? Follow the chocolate trail cool ....
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  STS Check-in 2013 Lucia 333 396,797 01-31-2014 02:00 PM
Last Post: Jdnara
Thumbs Up STS Check-in Lucia 457 574,360 10-25-2013 01:05 PM
Last Post: Lucia